RCT Discussion / Is there an Excitement contest ?

• Sparkh%s's Photo
    (Sorry if this isn't the good section, but I didn't know where to put this topic...)

I see a lot of contests here, is there a contest about the best Excitement rating on a roller coaster ? By the way, what is the actual record ?

Great forum BTW, I've been looking for such a RCT community for years.
  • musicman%s's Photo
    Most people on this site don't pay to much attention to that sort of thing honestly. Welcome to NE though!
  • Hex%s's Photo
    ^Yeah I really don't care about the excitement as much, as long as the layout looks good, the supports look good, and people ride it, I'm okay.
    Also welcome to NE!

:mantis:
  • JDP%s's Photo
    i always shoot for a high excitement rating. i add track around the ride such as storage tracks, catwalks, etc, and that always bumps it up.

im sure the highest excitement rating will realistically be an Intamin Giga with JA's Intamin trains. plus all the nooks and crannies and that shit should be well over a 10 excitement rating.
    -JDP
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    there was a trick to get a rating around 19 but i dont remember it ^^
  • verti%s's Photo
    There's a bug to get it well over 600 with a heartline coaster, too.
  • Sparkh%s's Photo
    Well, I thought it was a pretty interesting challenge, because a too long ride will reach to an Extreme Intensity rating, and the Excitement will crash... (my record was 11 for Wooden RC, I remember)

I'm speaking about roller coasters, of course. For Go Karts and Cat Ride, you just have to build and infinite track. But people will wish to die to get out the ride.

Also, in there a section to post only punctal screenshots of ones parks and rides ?
    (Excuse the poor english, this is not my native langage)
  • posix%s's Photo
    Salut Sparkh,

contests focusing on ratings are considered amateur at this site. What we do here is to strive for artistic appeal from an applied arts/design approach. Some people take it further and disregard design and focus entirely on the deeper meaning within their creation.

To post simple and unfinished screenshots you may use the "dump place" topic: http://www.nedesigns...498/dump-place/
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    Back in NE3 days when we had the parkmaker pages, I remember reading one of the old LL legend's park descriptions that he had the thought-to-be-record at like a 15 something. I dont remember who it was though, it was a long time ago
  • Milo%s's Photo
    ^probably Buster and his Looper 2000 or whatever.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading