(Archive) Advertising District / Project 65536

• Luigi%s's Photo

RollerCoaster Tycoon (abbreviated RCT) is a series of computer games that simulate amusement park management.....allowing players to construct and customize their own unique roller coasters.

This is exactly what I'm aiming for with this park. The main focus will be on coasters. Theming will be important though. I want to construct a park which is fun to look at, where people can explore things and most importantly; where people enjoy watching the rollercoasters. The coastercount is somewhere around 20 at this moment.

I thought I would open up a topic just before heading to Germany for a two-week holiday. I hope you enjoy the screens:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Luigi
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    I'm enjoying those screens very much! I really like the foliage under the coasters, particularly in the second screen. I also like the ‘braced’ appearance of the buildings. Very nice NCS work. My only suggestion would be to add something to the grey tops of the buildings. Currently, they look very bare and are a bit distracting. I would suggest adding variations in height and texture, and possibly adding more rooftop clutter like air vents, railings etc. Other than that, keep it up :)
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    There were I can't think of coasters to build or come up with a layout.
    Have you already done 20 coasters. this looks very inspiring.
    I'm curious to see what will come.
  • mardy%s's Photo
    Very good!
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    @ Choco: Thanks for the advice. I will look at the roof after my Germany trip
    @ chorkiel: Well it took some time. It's already year 125 ingame.
    @ mardy: Thanks!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I remember this.

I don't like the checkers pattern on the roof, it's a cheap way to make it look more detailed. You can come up with better solutions to make the roofs less boring. :) And does the sign in the second screen say "Le Sign"? :lol: Everything else looks very nice! With 20+ coasters it should be lots of fun to watch ingame.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    Yeah, I think I have shown some screens during a Fiesta. I have rebuilt quite a lot since that topic. It says ''Le sign'' at the moment because I still haven't got a clue how to name the area next to this one :p As said above, I will look at the roof again after my Germany trip.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading