General Chat / Over and underrated parks

• BigFoot%s's Photo

Fuck. Orange Valley is over two years old, jackass. Of course it can't compare to the "new age" parks. Infact, it was a completely different generation. Shit, hacks were barely used back then. That's why it should only be compared to other parks of the same time period.

The park wasn't that great. Were the fuck were you when it was released? I don't recall seeing your name anywhere on the old Danimation forums. Shit, I pioneered the advertising of parks. Fucking pioneered it, man. Do you know how many fuckfaces ripped off that park? For about a year after its release, that's all I saw: OV ripoffs. Some asshole even stole Secret of Skull Mountain. Fucking COPIED it. Plus, that hotel? Probably the first fully themed hotel to be inserted into a park (sure, there were other hotels, but none that looked that good). So, tell me, oh Great One, how isn't it that great? I'm not saying that it has to be on everyone's top ten list. It's two fucking years old. But, atleast show some respect.

Anyway. All Mala's and Buster's parks are overrated.

Dumbass. Who the fuck you talking to? Not me, cuz if you are, you're not making a very good point. I'd like to pitch in for a 'hooked on phonics" starters set for you, but I wouldn't want to waste money on it.

If you read what I said, "it probably WAS a 'great' park in IT'S time" Did I ever fucking compare it to a park in this so called 'generation'?

Oh wait.

No.

There's a reason you didn't see my name at the D-net forums, I wasn't there. Oh my, I missed out on the greatness of Danimation. Shucks.

Do I care how many people ripped off your park? No. Do I care if you had first this or first that? No.

So what the crap do you want me to do? Bow down to you and give you a medal for having the best park two years ago? Ok, how about...no.
  • Tyler%s's Photo
    I would argue more, but I don't really give a shit.

In short, please stay on topic, Big Foot.

Thanks.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Good to see everyone can hold a conversation without going balisstic... :(

Anyway heres my opinions on underated parks. since i think the overated opinion thing is rather pointless and just liable to annoy people.

Underated
    Grovelands Bay - VHS (A.K.A - Magnus Polysplaston)
    One of my all time fave parks Brilliant Atmosphere all the way through.

Oasis Park - Thrillasis
    A Classic Park in its time

4 Wizards Park - Me and beagle
    Unfinnished as of now this park was interesting

WOF Mystery Land - beagle
    On of the all time underated park maker's knocks out a unique park
  • RMM%s's Photo

Hmmm, parks that should have gotten more praise...

-Atlantis: Lost Empire by NeViS
    -Toxic Terra by RCTM

Yeah, I agree but I never really saw Toxic Terra even though I am in RCTM. Dumb huh. Yeah I know. Its cuz my LL never works. I saw screens though and ALE was amazing and one of the best parks in the whole RCT Community.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I never got why nobody liked Atlantis: Lost Empire. It may be because I have no preference as to what content a park holds, as long as it looks cool, has cool ideas, and has effort put into it. In my opinion, judging by what I just said, that makes ALE one of the greatest parks of all time. I should learn from NeViS, even though some of his ideas I think are a waste. I swear to God, no two pieces of architecture he ever made were the same, if that's even possible. You don't even notice it in his parks because it's a side deal, but NeViS could really do the architecture stuff, and I think he was one of the greatest architects of all time. (Well, what I've been around to see.)

Some other great architects:

SACoasterfreak
    Pawn
    Shuessler

And of course, although most of the 'effort' is put into developing atmosphere, or so it seems...

Natelox.
  • cg?%s's Photo

What are all these parks that Stargazer has made that everyone else seems to have seen except me?

Much like myself he hasn't released a thing (more or less), however unlike myself he shows everyone his incomplete stuff thus making him an underground legend of sorts.

Quite intriguing really, quite.
  • Nic%s's Photo

I never got why nobody liked Atlantis: Lost Empire. It may be because I have no preference as to what content a park holds, as long as it looks cool, has cool ideas, and has effort put into it. In my opinion, judging by what I just said, that makes ALE one of the greatest parks of all time.

1. ALE is fucking amazing.
    2. You've said everything I would have.
    3. The depth ideas he put into his parks is amazing. Who would have using coasters for blue energy crystals? Not me, and thats why I'm not a parkmaker!
    4. Pity he can't build woodies.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Actually, he can build woodies. I've seen lots of different woody layouts from him, and they're just as amazing as his steel coasters.
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo

Much like myself he hasn't released a thing (more or less), however unlike myself he shows everyone his incomplete stuff thus making him an underground legend of sorts.

Ah, I see. Is he any good in your opinion? The way you typed it made it look like you have seen them.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

Ah, I see. Is he any good in your opinion? The way you typed it made it look like you have seen them.

Try downloading "Lights, Camera, Action" from www.rctm.kaibueno.com, it should be under the Group parks section, and its RCT1. He made a section in it, the Superhero one.

Also, he has a mini park named Dreamscape, which is good as well, but I don't know where to find it anymore.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

Try downloading "Lights, Camera, Action" from www.rctm.kaibueno.com, it should be under the Group parks section, and its RCT1. He made a section in it, the Superhero one.

Also, he has a mini park named Dreamscape, which is good as well, but I don't know where to find it anymore.

Thanks Spidey, but LCA isn't up on the RCTM site...yet...

It is however, up at RCT Station as PP #3...and will appear on the RCTM site this weekend...(Stargazer's section was the Iron Man steel twister)...

As for Stargazer's other works, I have two parks from him on the RCTM site, including Dreamscape...

A link for ya: http://rctm.kaibueno...s/stargazer.htm

Oh, and thanks Iris on the TT nod. It was a blast to work with Mantis and Spidey...

Kai :et:
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    I only have a couple...... Cydonia City I just didn't like. Too overcrowded. Not saying it is overrated though or I don't like Mala's work because I like Mountain Beach. Buster is overrated as a park maker. If it weren't for the 'hacks before the Beast', the parks wouldn't be anything special. But the hacks did make his parks cool to look at.
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Most underrated park ever is that old spotlight from danimation. I think it was called white star park or something. it was themed to ships and stuff and had a titanic with the iceberg and everything. It was a really cool park.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    i love mala... why? Cuz unlike the rest of you, i understand him on that same psychotic level, me and him can make people go cross-eyed with explanations :p

and yeah... landscaping, coasters, "worlds"... and an obbsession with mars makes him great ;)
  • Andrew%s's Photo
    Overrated

Atlantis: Lost Empire: I think it sucked frankly

FDS: Boooooooooooooooooooring

CDS: Don't EVEN get me started

Cedar Creek: I don't get it what's so great?

Shiloh Town: Same

Underrated
    Moonlight Magic: It's absolute perfection, no flaws, anywhere, its perfectly within my "golden mean" nothing to excess, everything necessary to make it everything I love about RCT, it should be number one on the list no doubt.

Lake Aspen: Elrocko's greatest work, one of the best traditional realistic parks I've ever seen
  • mantis%s's Photo

Most underrated park ever is that old spotlight from danimation. I think it was called white star park or something. it was themed to ships and stuff and had a titanic with the iceberg and everything. It was a really cool park.

White Star Amusements - Zoinks

It was one of my 'ten should bes' for the list a while back. And it's on my Cartography challenge thing at my site (currently down). You could say i'm a fan.
  • Alec%s's Photo

Orange Valley--(Ty)--Was 'great' in it's time, but its really fucking annoying when Ty has to complain every time that this park isn't on someone's top ten list. This park ain't that great man, sorry.

Agreed. If u were 'alive' back in the Danimation days ud see how great OV truely is and also how great Malas work was and still is. U couldnt be half as good as Malaif u tried no offense I don't think anyone could. I'm not saying he's the best but he is indeed the best themer like in Cyndonia...thats fucking amazing do U realize how much time was put into that. The Unknown was based off that sort of but my style was very different from Mala's but yeah The Unknown was started right after I looked at Cyndonia then I finshed it for the challenge here but all I had was a few rocks but who cares its ure opionion Im not bashing u...well maybee I am but yeah. Later...
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    There is no use comparing parks from different "eras".
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

Orange Valley--(Ty)--Was 'great' in it's time, but its really fucking annoying when Ty has to complain every time that this park isn't on someone's top ten list. This park ain't that great man, sorry.

I honestly like this park more now than I did when it was first released. Not only was it one of the best parks of it's time, but it was ahead of it's time as well. I appreciate innovation more now than I did in the past and this park was incredibly innovative in it's ride selection, theming, and architecture style. A lot of the theming ideas in this park have filtered through in to the NE style. And Ty's shameless self-promotion used to annoy me too until I realized that it's just his M.O. Now it's just kinda charming. That's just Ty being Ty.

I also wanted to add as long as I'm replying in this topic that Disney's Mid-America deserves another look by everyone. It has so many great details that it takes time for it all to sink in. Hopefully when Aero releases Wormwood he'll get some more attention because he's been overlooked far too often around here.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading