Fiesta! / Been Lying Around for Ages

• Chocotopian%s's Photo
    As the title says, this is an old park, probably from several years ago now. Like many of my parks, it got about half-way completed and then abandoned. However, for some reason I felt the need to finish it, almost in a "get it off my chest" sort of way. I believe it to be a bit sub-par in comparison to some of my more recent stuff, but it's something I've been working on again during breaks from the Cartoon Network park and I felt like sharing it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Looks great man! Two things I would suggest are changing some of the colors in the first 2 screens, all the brown takes some of the appeal away imo.
    And also in the third screen there are 2 buildings I see where the roof textures don't match. I would use the same type you have on the bottom on the top as well.
    Well done tho :mantis:
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    very classic, atmospherical style. i really like it!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    First screens are very nice. Very classy.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Looks like your best work yet. You're even more talanted than I thought after seeing Legacy Creek!
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    The first two screen are really brown, but I do like them though.
    The 3rd screen needs some more variation in bush types and I think the pier is too plain.
    The last screen is awesome.

Great work, keep it up.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    So immersive! I'm impressed :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Good work man, you do some nice things with some pretty basic objects and colors, yet also ways have a nice atmosphere to it. I think if you add some realistic detail and peeps your parkmaking would really take that next step.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Smells of RoB. Good job.
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. This got a lot more interest than I was expecting. To explain the park a bit, it’s called Ports of Quaderia (I have a nasty habit of making up names that I think are original but are actually pretty close to existing park names). It’s made up of four islands which are, frankly, too close together to require ports or to have vastly different themes. Nevertheless, I wanted to create four drastically different themes, and making islands was the simplest (and laziest) way to do so. It’s fairly small given that a lot of the map is water separating the islands.

The four “Ports” are:

Ocotillo Bay: Not really sure what the style is. Maybe slightly Moroccan... anyway, it’s supposed to resemble a small town plaza area in a somewhat hot climate, with the red ocotillo flowers proving the splashes of colour. Imo, it’s the best area of the four, or at least the most immersive. I was quite happy with how it turned out.

Abanon Quay: Something I’ve put in numerous parks that the computer has lost before submission, this is a jungle-based operations centre. The pic pretty much sums up the area.

Clockwork Docks (not pictured): The most experimental area, at least in terms of how it will be received on this site. Flashy colours and crates everywhere. The idea is that this island is whimsically clockwork and childishly gaudy.

Port Harbelle: Rather cramped and annoyingly unpleasant for me to look at, but I don’t know why. Themed around a busy town’s harbour, with lots of import/export going on.

@ JJayMForce: Sorry the brown isn’t too your liking. I agree that it is rather dominating, but it was in attempt to create a subdued mood and I’m probably going to stick with it. As for the differences in roofs, it’s a pretty old bench and I didn’t have matching roofs of those two sizes in it (I’ve not had any experience with parkdat either to know how to change it). Thanks very much for your comments though :)

@ prodigy, Louis! & Airtime: Thanks guys!

@ Liampie: Thank you very much. And I had to laugh – you always seem to bring up Legacy Creek in your comments... not that I mind of course ;)

@ Luigi: Yep, I agree with your points on the 3rd screen. The pier is definitely too bare and I think some different bush types would liven up the coastline bit. Thanks a lot.

@ Kumba: Thanks Kumba. If I’m being honest here, I’m surprised you like my work. Yours is always fantastically creative, eventful and abstract – rather a contrast to mine, and I’m surprised this style is to your taste. On the other hand, I do like the stuff you do, so...

About the peeps, I had them wandering around earlier and it added quite well to the areas. What exactly did you mean by realistic details though? Transfer tracks, backlots and stuff?

@ posix: At first I didn’t know how to take this comment. I thought you were saying it stinks, so I’m glad you added the “good job” bit. Thanks :) What park is RoB though (or is it a park builder)?

Once again, thanks for the comments. The park should be completed soon.
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Similar to the one I posted in the Dump, here's another small shot. Haven't really done much with RCT this year :(

Posted Image
  • rct2isboss%s's Photo
    what happened to that cartoon network park?
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Still going. I’ve been having some problems with cohesion, and styles are clashing. Hopefully though, once that’s sorted and I get to actually creating some rides, I’ll get back into the swing of it with a bit more inspiration.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Nice little house there.
    Can't comment much though. Remove that fence and try to make the house serve a purpose. From a realistic point of view, it's too detailed in the back.

"MFG"
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Thanks 5dave. The house itself isn't meant to serve a purpose in terms of a theme park building, as this park was more of a concept creation (as would be evident if I ever got round to finishing this...) Likewise, the detailing round the back was necessary, as it would be seen as much as the front side. But thank you for your pointers nonetheless.

With regards to this Fiesta, I'd build this hotel a few days ago. I'm not too keen on the roof though.

Posted Image
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Flat roof would suit better.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    What happened to the park in the first post? Like those screens were incredible.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

What happened to the park in the first post? Like those screens were incredible.

Released and rejected by the panel.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^NO WAY
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Haha! Yeah, fell short of bronze by a few pointies. But it was a very fair score and I'm happy with the way it was received anyway.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading