Fiesta! / Ramiesta

• RamSam12%s's Photo
    In all honesty, I'm not sure how much longer Elitch's is going to continue. It's not really living up to the high expectations and realistic accuracy I want in this. I played around with several ideas to take the park in a new direction rather than a full recreation. We'll see where it goes. Most of this is older work since I've been working on several other projects lately not far enough along to show yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

When the old Elitch Gardens closed in 1994, the initial plan was to relocate Mr. Twister to the new park. Structural problems were found with the ride, which made it too costly to rebuild in the new location, so the park hired John Pierce to design a remake for the new park called Twister II. The new ride ended up milder compared to the out of control original; contradictory to it's advertisement "built wilder the second time around." However, it is still the most popular coaster in the park. The ride used the original Mr. Twister trains until a derailment destroyed the red train and led to them being replaced by a set of new PTC trains in 2003. The ride was repainted for the 2010 season.

Posted Image
    There are exactly 100 steps to the top of Sidewinder station side.

Posted Image
    After the accident on Liseberg's Rainbow in 2008, all others around the world were shut down pending investigation. When the modifications necessary to fix the safety defect were determined to be too expensive, the park decided to remove the ride instead. It now sits in the boneyard along the access road - never to operate again.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    beautiful support work on that first screen
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    i love your arrow shuttle-loop!
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    ^ I'm going to have to echo that. It's one ride that you really never see done and I've always wanted to ride one... Really impressed by this park and I hope you can finish it up soon!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I love that last screen. Absolutely fantastic.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    The third and forth screen are real good! In the first and second the white wooden structure overpowers the screens for me. Nice station.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    not a fan of the drop before the lift but everything else looks solid
    -JDP
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Looking awesome ! :D
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Please don't give up on this. Its brilliant
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    This fiesta certainly happened soon after the last. Another 2 or 3 months would have been perfect.

Posted Image
    Last year I posted a screen of Half Pipe in Elitch's thread. I went back and re-made the station to be more technically accurate. However, I stayed with the two supports for the roof instead of 3 to keep the scale correct while maintaining symmetry.

Posted Image
    Another look at the Arrow suspended from Horsetooth I posted in the dump a while ago.

Posted Image
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    that half pipe looks fantastic!
  • xJur%s's Photo
    That halfpipe is dope!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I love it. I see you less and less as a 'Cedarpoint6 copycat always one step behind'. (not accusing you of plagiarism, just heavy inspiration. Sounds dumb but I'm serious :) ) Looks like you're doing your own thing now!

Maybe add a logo to the shop's front?
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Love that last screen.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    And you were saying your archy was basic...
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    this burrito is delish
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I think the colours in the half-pipe screen are too messy, but everything else looks great.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    OMG this is brilliant.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading