Theme Park Discussion / DisneyPandora

• robbie92%s's Photo
    ANNOUNCEMENT: http://disneyparks.d...o-disney-parks/

Looks like Animal Kingdom is gonna get a heavily-themed Avatar area. While this certainly seems like a move to compete with WWoHP over at IoA, this area should fit in as a good replacement to the Beastly Kingdom concept, including an environmentalist aspect and all. If only there wasn't a movie tie-in...
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    this sounds like it could be a great venture, Can't wait! :D
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    Still would have preferred a Beastly kingdom myself. I understand the popularity of the movie, but I don't like how these great concept parks have to be forced to have some sort of Disney franchise, or outsourced franchises within them.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Personally, I think the Avatar area will be...interesting...

But not necessarily in a good way; it depends how well they can pull it off.

Here's hoping they made a good decision with Avatar, and don't overdo it on the theming or make it all childish; the movie doesn't really have any children-oriented qualities...at all. Violence, war, (very) sexual themes, yep, just about the opposite of that. :p

Even though I understand it's Disney, and that's what they do best.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    This is perfect for Disney considering there's supposed to be at least two new avatar movies coming out in years that would most likely bookend the opening year of this land
    This will bring huge crowds to the resort, and will most likely also be huge in merchandise sales

It's a great move for the resort and I'm sure it will end up being very impressive. I just hope they can come up with a better name than they did for Carsland
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    sheesh, Disney could have at least tried to come up with something better than "Carsland". :p
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Well, looks like I'm never going to Animal Kingdom again! One of the worst decisions in Disney Resort history.
  • F0ndue%s's Photo

Here's hoping they made a good decision with Avatar, and don't overdo it on the theming or make it all childish; the movie doesn't really have any children-oriented qualities...at all. Violence, war, (very) sexual themes, yep, just about the opposite of that. :p

Even though I understand it's Disney, and that's what they do best.

Make a certain age required to enter.Problem solved.
    /serious

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading