(Archive) Advertising District / JDP's Busch Gardens

• JDP%s's Photo
    hey guys this is my park i was gonna build for the FFA match up but i bit off more then i can chew (let alone the fact it was summer). the park is only 100x100 and yes it's NCSO. It started out as a 60x60 design and it felt way too small to win the competition (looking back, should left it the way it was) and now im left with a BG park i started and damn sure am gonna finish. Elms Everest is on hold because i might as well try and win a gold first before shooting for a spotlight.

heres the run down. the park is going to feature 6 differently themed areas all (but one) revolved around years 1900-1950.

Roaring Twenties Attractions:
    3D Cinema
    Observation Tower
    Train Station

Area 51:
    B&M Dive Machine
    Intamin Freefall
    Motion Simulator

The Everglades:
    Zamperla Disko Coaster
    Intamin Mega Splash
    Train Station
    GCI Woodie

Sesame Street's Adventure:
    Zierer Force-190
    Ferris Wheel
    Carousel

Air Force Base:
    Enterprise
    B&M Hyper
    Train Station

The Mines:
    Twist
    Falcon's Treehouse Darkride
    Log Flume

This park isnt meant to be filled with hacks but it will be original. the park is around 40% now and the only area done is the roaring twenties. all the rides are placed so its just a matter of foliage and shops... on to the screens.

here is my fiesta screen. this is the main entrance area that is themed to the roaring twenties. when i got back from las vegas i had huge motivation for this area and im very pleased with the turn out.
    Posted Image

this is the main entrance. when visiting BGW i took in the long walk from the ticket booths to the main entrance, so rather then including all the outside park buildings i only made the parks main entrance (roaring twenties area).
    Posted Image

heres the diver in area 51. it took me forever to decide on a color scheme but i like this one. oh and barrels in NCSO parks as supports are obsolete
    Posted Image

another shot of Extraterrestrial as it swings by the midway
    Posted Image

thats all for now, hope yall enjoy
    -JDP
  • Flap%s's Photo
    I mis a Busch Gardens style in it...
  • posix%s's Photo
    I think it's absolutely fantastic and I cannot applaud the NCSO endeavour enough. Really convincing combinations and arrangements of everything. I get a strong "park flow" from the screens. Looking forward to seeing this submitted.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Area 51...Everglades...waaaiitt just a dang minute...I sense Kumba theme inspiration here! :p
    Those were both areas in Bayfront Parc!

You are a god of NCSO. I praise thee, good sir! :nod:
    Though I don't get the Busch either? :???:
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    Looks amazing man, why the no custom scenary?
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^eh, i click with it more. ill go back to a cs parks eventually but right now im digging ncso.

as for the BG vibe, its not supposed to exist. im basically revolving around their rides and sponsors while using my ncso style of building (hence why the topic title is JDP's Busch Gardens).

thanks for all the positive comments guys, and posix i hope to finish it sooner then later.

oh, and rctmasta i dont even remember bayfront park (no offense kumba). im sure the two will look nothing alike though

-JDP
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Just a clarification, I didn't mean visually, I just meant that it had the same theme ideas in it, Area 51 and the Everglades.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I don't see how those couldn't be considered Busch themes?

Regardless, I'm totally excited for this. Glad to see you gave that nice "fuck you" to all of the custom support lovers out there. I'll probably give a more in depth look later, short of time here. If there was any chace that I still held the NCSO crown, well, that's gone. For now.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    aren't those supports custom ?

it's looking rather good, for ncso.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Looks great. The birch tree hack in the last screen works very well. I only dislike all the trees in Area 51. Doesn't fit the theme.
  • tdub96%s's Photo
    I really love this, another example of your great talent and why youre one of my favorite builders of all time. Each screen is just awesome, easily some of the best NCS Ive seen.

Lovin the use of the wagon wheel for turnstiles too, awesome idea.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    there are definitely some amazing ncso screens, so detailed and pretty. only problem is that is isn't really "busch gardens" style. maybe drop that name and you would be fine.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo

aren't those supports custom ?

it's looking rather good, for ncso.

Nope, those are the standard slanted pole/supports that come with the game.
  • gir%s's Photo
    That park entrance is just awesome...I love the use of the apartment buildings. :)
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I love the look of the diver, and I really love the turnstiles in the entrance, but I'm just not a fan of all this trackitecture.
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    I love it all, except for the weird support in the third screen.
    The entrance is just sick.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I really don't like the queue for the dive machine
    Other than that this looks good
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Fuck me, best NCSO ever.
  • Dotrobot%s's Photo
    I don't really love this type of NCSO, too messy and chaotic for my likings

But I do love that theater though, it's the most cleanly executed thing out of these whole screens.
  • magmoormaster%s's Photo
    I disagree with that, I think it's very clean, and somehow still has a lot of detail. Love it!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading