Theme Park Discussion / Goodbye Ron Toomer!

• Bolliger & Mabillard%s's Photo
    Well, if you haven't heard.
    http://www.ultimater...cgi?read=218217
    Please post your final thoughts about Mr. Toomer down here.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    v
  • JDP%s's Photo
    the mans an icon and a legend. really cant get any better then that, hope he rests in peace
    -JDP
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    ...What. :eek:

...... :'(
    To one of the most innovative coaster pioneers of the past decade.
    Your coasters were memorable,
    your designs some of the most unique.
    Rest In Peace. :'(
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    As evident by my avatar, this guy has always been a personal inspiration to me. Watching "America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills in 3D," played a big part in getting me hooked on coasters when I was little, and I always saw Ron Toomer as the man behind all these awesome scream machines I could "ride" on tv. Overall, Ron Toomer and Arrow Dynamics served as a major catalyst for exponential growth and expansion within the industry, and there is no doubt that without him, we wouldn't have half the rides we have today.

On a side note, I once read that Ron Toomer never actually rode the coasters he designed due to a motion sickness problem. To me, that speaks volumes about his character. He did this because it brought joy to people. Life well lived.
  • Flap%s's Photo
    Creator of the Layout of the Python in the Efteling Died...
    :'(
  • gir%s's Photo
    Arrow coasters just never go out of style. Thanks Ron and RIP. :(
  • Top Gun%s's Photo

As evident by my avatar, this guy has always been a personal inspiration to me. Watching "America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills in 3D," played a big part in getting me hooked on coasters when I was little, and I always saw Ron Toomer as the man behind all these awesome scream machines I could "ride" on tv. Overall, Ron Toomer and Arrow Dynamics served as a major catalyst for exponential growth and expansion within the industry, and there is no doubt that without him, we wouldn't have half the rides we have today.

On a side note, I once read that Ron Toomer never actually rode the coasters he designed due to a motion sickness problem. To me, that speaks volumes about his character. He did this because it brought joy to people. Life well lived.

Wow dude me too! I used to beg my mom to let me watch that video. I can quote it almost word for word.
    I have that video too.
    :( Designer of Python, Corkscrew, Gemini, Magnum, and all of my Arrow favorites, goodbye to you!
    We wish you had a good life.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    good night sweet prince.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    oh darn. RIP Ron Toomer.

BTW, he actually had motion sickness and never rode any of his coasters.
    Thank you Captain Obvious.
    Nah, JK. :p
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    I first heard this the other day when I was working on an Arrow suspended coaster in RCT2, minimized the game to check something on another site, and saw the news there. His work with Arrow is the most notable, but think about all the other rides today from other manufacturers which have evolved from Mr. Toomer's work, as Burns said. Suspended coasters laying the foundations for inverts being a notable one; but Knott's Corkscrew seems really the most influential, since it was the first modern coaster with inversions. Who knows where we would be today in terms of coaster progress without that?

I've learned to appreciate Arrow coasters more as their lifespan becomes more apparent with recent removals. This summer, I was fortunate enough to experience his work on an entirely new level, as an operator and trainer on the Sidewinder at Elitch Gardens.

Ron, you will be missed by many, and thank you for all your work.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Very sad. He definitely revolutionized roller coasters as we know them. I wish I could give every coaster designer a pat on the back, because I don't know what other passion I would be following if it wasn't roller coasters.

Though with a last name like that acting as an omen, I'm surprised he didn't die sooner.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo

As evident by my avatar, this guy has always been a personal inspiration to me. Watching "America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills in 3D," played a big part in getting me hooked on coasters when I was little, and I always saw Ron Toomer as the man behind all these awesome scream machines I could "ride" on tv. Overall, Ron Toomer and Arrow Dynamics served as a major catalyst for exponential growth and expansion within the industry, and there is no doubt that without him, we wouldn't have half the rides we have today. On a side note, I once read that Ron Toomer never actually rode the coasters he designed due to a motion sickness problem. To me, that speaks volumes about his character. He did this because it brought joy to people. Life well lived.

Wow dude me too! I used to beg my mom to let me watch that video. I can quote it almost word for word.

Ironically, me three! Rest in peace Mr. Toomer. You will always be an inspiration to me.
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo
    That's sad to hear. He truely was a pioneer for all kinds of Amusement Rides. If it were not for him who knows where the coaster industry would be now. It's just too bad that they really could not evolve with the new generation of coasters. RIP
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Ok, just to slap everyone in the face with reality here....dead dude ain't reading your posts.

If you want to remember him for all his great work, that's fine. Talk all you want about what he's done for the world of roller coasters.
    But, shit like "RIP in peace Mr. Toomer. You will always be an inspiration to me"..."Ron, you will be missed by many, and thank you for all your work" and all that, posted here....

I have a strong feeling that he won't be checking our forums any time soon.

BTW...lol at "RIP in peace".
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I have a strong feeling that dead people don't ever read their tombstones either.
    Or anything.
    :|
  • Nitrous Oxide%s's Photo

Ok, just to slap everyone in the face with reality here....dead dude ain't reading your posts.

If you want to remember him for all his great work, that's fine. Talk all you want about what he's done for the world of roller coasters.
    But, shit like "RIP in peace Mr. Toomer. You will always be an inspiration to me"..."Ron, you will be missed by many, and thank you for all your work" and all that, posted here....

I have a strong feeling that he won't be checking our forums any time soon.

BTW...lol at "RIP in peace".

YOU MEAN NO INTERNET IN HEAVEN!?!?! God can resurrect himself and do all these amazing things, but he cannot provide us with Internet for our stay. Hell! Even Holiday Inn gives me free internet when I stay over. I guess when I die just send me to Holiday Inn, preferably next to Cedar Point. Or I guess I could be sent to Hell, since obviously there is Internet in Hell, can't argue with that with all the garbage and horrible stuff posted online. ;)
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I'm sure Mr. Toomer can hear us praying for him. RIP.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading