(Archive) Advertising District / K0NG's Halloween Haunt

• K0NG%s's Photo

This thing started as something to merely accompany "Raging Bull" in the NEDC. I got a little bit carried away with it and people seemed to like it. So, I gave it it's own map and decided to make it the focus of a mini project. As I was building on it today, I thought "why not make this a real kick-ass ride" and redid the layout (again).

Posted Image

The layout now not only works perfectly with the architecture...it has ratings that rival just about any full-sized coaster out there.
    So, I'm gonna just bust ass on this and have it ready for a Halloween release. Anyone that feels the need to toss out their "you'll never finish this at all...let alone in 6 days" crap...don't bother. I don't give a fuck what you think Posted Image

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Can't wait dude! Looks great.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    6 days? matt stone and trey parker beg to differ.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    It just feels like each screenshot you show of this has gone backwards from the last! I can't wait to see it done but hope that we're not going to get a blank canvas of land in a couple of days time :p
  • posix%s's Photo
    Sometimes I think you want to piss people off by screwing your work over and over, putting yourself at earlier and earlier stages, just to parade all the talent and ability you have in ever more uncomplete screens that scream "look at me, I'll never be finished".

I'm so tired of reading all your announcements. I want to see results.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Why post that screen? You've given away the entire layout. There will be no surprise on release. Surely you could have made that decision in private and unveiled this on Halloween, would have been far more controversial?
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Yeah, I don't get why he posted that in the Dump Place, then makes a topic for it. Entirely pointless... and not really anything special.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    I think he will finish this if for no other reason than to prove people wrong. Cant wait to see it.
  • wildroller%s's Photo
    So much negativity from such a simple screen. From what was done for the NEDC and with the new layout, I can't wait to see this project start coming together.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Layout looks pretty weak.Why did you build it so high and then have to end the ride with a 50ft drop into a 10ft brake run.Another lift hill after every drop?.Let me guess,the theming will either be ott grey castle or wild west again
  • Cena%s's Photo
    I will comment on it when it's in the NE Database. For now, goodluck K0NG.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Yeah.

Ya know what? All I was trying to do was give everyone a little Halloween 'treat'. No competitive submission or anything...nothing in for me other than to just give a little something for people to enjoy on one of my favorite "holidays". But, then I see the typical negative bullshit that accompanies pretty much every topic or post that I make...and I just lose all motivation.

I'll go work on Raging Bull.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading