Related Games / Sky @ EarthQuest Adventures [RCT3]

• robbie92%s's Photo
    Such a great idea.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Hey guys, this is CD5 speaking to give you an update on what's happening with Sky at EarthQuest Adventures.

Next week I will post the final updates of the Sky area (and hopefully a video). The EarthQuest Adventures project will then go on an indefinite hiatus as I focus on another park project and a very exciting film project. I hope to pick up the project again and work on other areas, but for now I need a break.

Thank you all again for all the feedback on this project!

-CD5

The Sky is the Limit

After months of the work the Sky section is nearly complete. Sky will be home to an array of attractions that will surely please guests of all types.

Posted Image

AeroWing will likely be one of the most popular attractions in the entire park.

Posted Image

But we can't forget about the other attractions like Vortex and Stratosphere.

Posted Image

The Blue Line will be great for guests who want to get a round-trip tour of the entire area.

Posted Image

The Blue Line station will likely see many guests throughout a typical day.

Posted Image

Come back soon for more Sky updates!

-Greg
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    A Day in the Sky, Part I

So what will EarthQuest Adventures look like when it opens to the public? Well, thanks to technology I have been able to render the park with droves of happy guests. See below!

Posted Image

The Sky area of EarthQuest Adventures features a complete selection of attractions, ranging from "mild" to "wild" in intensity.

Posted Image

AeroWing can be seen from almost any point in the Sky area.

Posted Image

Wii Air is an attraction for the entire family...

Posted Image

...while AeroWing is more suited for the thrill-seekers.

Posted Image

Check back soon for the next installment in the "A Day in the Sky" series!

-Greg
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    It looks great and realistic!
    Can't wait to other zones of EQA!
  • trav%s's Photo
    The transitions on this coaster look smoother than that of regular Rct3. Is this using just custom trains or is the track completely custom as well?
  • Ling%s's Photo
    It's just a normal extended coaster. It also has the little station section removed, which is nice.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Do you think it's possible to make new tracks then? Ones that are smoother than the current ones in Rct3, as I think that's what's stopping it from surpassing Rct2/LL
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Seriously, I'd find my RCT3 disk and DL it if I could build that well in RCT.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    trav, I know custom tracks have been made for RCT3, but I haven't personally tried any of them out. Some of them look really great, though.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    This is some really good stuff. Keep at it please!
  • SoCalCoasters%s's Photo
    Custom Tracks are a massive pain to build due to insanely obnoxious lag and a huge pain to support due to their custom nature. It's mainly just the insane amount of lag they add to your overall game. It noticeably slows down loading times etc.

Looking great as usual. Hopefully once you get the whole park built we'll see a little more of that classic CD5 Narrative!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Searching for a Job

I have some unfortunate news to share with you all. I've been relieved of my EarthQuest designing duties for an indefinite length of time as the financing for the project is reassessed. I had a gut-feeling that this day was coming, but I didn't want to dwell on the possibility of losing my job.

Hopefully this is only temporary, and I'll be back soon to finish the large chunk of the park that has yet to be designed. But with the current state of the economy, investors are not quite willing to throw money at such an ambitious project such as EarthQuest Adventures.

I present to you my last screens of the park. Below the shots you'll find a video I whipped up!

Hopefully this isn't the last update that you'll here from me.

- Greg

Posted Image

Sky at EarthQuest Adventures will be the most future-esque area of the park.

Posted Image

The entrance to AeroWing is certainly appropriate considering the coaster's size.

Posted Image

The queue for Vortex will provide guests with great views of the ride.

Posted Image

Stratosphere will blast riders towards the sky (and back down).

Posted Image

The Blue Line will provide all guests with an easy-going tour of the area.

Posted Image

Wii:Air will likely redefine the interactive show experience.

Posted Image

(Insert Wii:Air controllers here!)

Posted Image

Eat lunch after riding Vortex.

Posted Image

Looking towards the Boeing store where guests will be able to get their airplane fix.

Enjoy Sky at EarthQuest Adventures:

Video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qMYrx_ywwig

Thank you for your support of EarthQuest Adventures!
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Has a great atmosphere. I love those footers.
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    CD5 Update

Hi guys, I wanted to return to this thread to give you all an update on what I've been doing the past few months, as well as offer some closure for this project.

I have decided to not continue EarthQuest Adventures. The format of the park (told from the park designer's POV) was difficult for me to attach emotionally. I feel like the format hindered the development of a heartfelt story. And if you know my work, you know I thrive on the story aspect of the park.

If anyone is interested in tackling another take on the EarthQuest Adventures project, by all means go for it. Unfortunately my version ends here. I thank everyone for the support of the project.

Since Then

Posted Image

Now, what have I been up to since EarthQuest Adventures updates ended? In late November, I released Greenhouse: Relinquish, the final installment in the Greenhouse trilogy. It was one of my longest RCT3 films, and it occupied just about all of my "RCT3 time." You can watch the film below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZXveu_bSsc

What's next?

I'm planning three projects for this year.

I am currently working on a short film entitled "My First Coaster." It is inspired by my childhood experience with a historic wooden roller coaster. I plan on releasing it sometime in February of this year.

Posted Image

I am also working on a storyline park project which I hope to begin soon, and a longer machinima film which I plan to release in the fall.

Happy New Year! I look forward to what's to come in 2013.

-CD5
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'm glad you ended this because, no offence, but it was shit. I never got how someone could go from creating something like that Six Flags park to creating this.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I feel like another medium would suffice more for storytelling than rct..
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I think the problem with this project was just a lack of atmosphere and vividness, mostly due to the stale nature of the architecture and the lack of foliage and color. I did see some great potential in the architecture, which in another context could have made a great project.

I'm just really excited for the "my first ride" project. The idea is great, and I think the emotional/personal aspect could make for a moving video.

Good luck on all your further RCT-stuff!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading