News / Roomies' Christmas Giveaway 2011

• Airtime%s's Photo
    Running windows 7?
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo

did you make a new save every time?

I don't think so, no.

Running windows 7?

Yeah.

If the deadline is extended to the end of the month, I might be able to re-create it. I do have a screen of a part of the coaster, though. Posted Image
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Damn, that's looking pretty cool actually. Send it to me, maybe I can fix it.
  • Levis%s's Photo

Bad news (for me anyway). I had planned on sending in my work but my game froze immediatley after I saved my game. Now, whenever I try to open the save, RCT2 freezes and after a few moments so does my laptop. I have no idea what caused this. It was my best work to date, and if anyone has any possible way of helping me, please PM me. But I highly doubt there is any way of retrieving the file :(

I think your savegame is fucked up and not saved completly. but I could check on wensday.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, I talked to Liampie and he concluded that the problem was the guest count. At the moment it says there are 0 guests in the counter, even though there are actually 5 guests in the park.

And if you could have a look on Wednesday, I would be very grateful.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I think the freezing is caused by one of the guests leaving the park, then the game freezes because the amount of guests is -1. I think.

The savegame itself looks fine to me, I opened it and re-saving it properly didn't change anything. There are no errors in parkdat.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Use the function from 8Cars, that deletes all the guests from a save file. That way you might be able to fix it.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ^ Make sure to reset guest numbers right afterward.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    The big problem i'm having is that I simply cannot do anything. Once RCT2 freezes, so does my computer and I have to close the program with Task Manager. Even when I try using the 8cars function, that stops responding too. If somebody could please help me remove the guests, that would be great, thankyou!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I didn't manage to delete all the guests either.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    Hey Roomie, I turned mine in the day after Christmas (I forgot about it!). I sent it as a PM and at that email adress...
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Can we still submit something/how flexible is the deadline? I really want to submit SOMETHING but I've been more busy than expected...
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Good news, Having Fun fixed the problem, but did encounter another small problem. The game feezes when I go near my custom-made Christmas Tree. But I should be able to re-create the layout and other supporting rides in time (so long as the deadline is still the 1st).
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Is the deadline still open?
  • posix%s's Photo
    I have the feeling Roomie's somewhere at the other side of the globe and unexpectedly has no internet.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I have the same feeling....although I don't think his lack of internet was unexpected.

To be honest i wont be home till the 1st so i will probably have to extend it anyway

Edit: lol...as I see Roomie reading this topic as I post.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    yup as I said I'm not back till the 1st. can view this on my phone and make posts but not much I can do from a mobile :p .
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Right I'm back :)
    Although handily I'm locked out of my house.

I'm having an issue downloading one of the entries so I judging will start soon.
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo

I'm having an issue downloading one of the entries

Let me guess, mine.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    if you need any help with the judging I guess you know where to find me :p.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading