General Chat / What Do you Drive?

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I'm pretty sure there is already a thread on this but the last post was 8 years ago, so I made a new one.

Simple Question? What do you drive? What do you like and dislike about? Got a name? Made any memories with it? Give us a pic.
    Currently I drive a 07' Ford Explorer Sport Trac, known as Chuck. Great vehicle if you need a reliable daily commuter, its my first car and it ain't bad. Good at everything, great at nothing. But, as I'm a bit of a car nerd I don't like it much any more. V6, 2x4, it just isn't interesting. And getting 16mpg hurts.
    Posted Image

Im probably stuck with it for a while more, but I've been collecting pennies and hope to get a VW Golf GTI MK6...\
    Posted Image
    What do ya'll think? Anyone here drive a GTI?
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    03 Mazda 6.

Posted Image
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    We've got a topic like this that is more recent than 8 years but hey ho cba to try and find it so this one can stay :p

I drive a 2006 Peugeout 107 called Percy (excuse the bad quality image)

Posted Image

He's a good little car but i've been wanting a new car for a while. Waiting for my first pay check, in 3 years time, so I can get myself a Lotus Elise or Mazda MX5
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    ^Amazing photo skills whoever took that Lewis :p

I prefer the Lotus Elise better, even though your dreaming :p

Austin if your saving up, you might be saving a while for the Golf GTI. There a real good car though.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Those photo skills would be yours as i'm pictured walking away from the camera :p

And i'll remember that dreaming comment when you want a lift in my Lotus ;)
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    2007 Accord:]

Posted Image

I used to have a Civic, but my dad sold it so he could buy a truck and gave me his Accord. I mean, I can't complain too much because its already paid off, but my Civic was the luxury model with built in everything:/

Regardless, I'm a Honda driver for life.
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    i drive my bike :)
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    well I had a

Posted Image

(obvs not my image)

now I'm stuck with a

Posted Image

#brokecollegekidswag

I miss my honda :(
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Suzuki XL-7

Something like this:

Posted Image
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I don't have a car, but living in a big city has its perks. Go public transportation!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I don't get how you americans can afford such big cars (insurance).
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Bike and public transport. Much cheaper, healthier and more fun!
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    ^What he said. Bike and my feet.
    For long distance travel I use either car pools or the train.

"MFG"
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    bus/bike/walk
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I switch between my and my grandpa's bike whenever mine is broken.

Sometimes I let my parents bring, but that isn't driving for me.
    And I take the buss occassionally
  • Comet%s's Photo
    Austin I have a two door '07 GTI that I sort of inherited, it's really fun to drive and the gas mileage is great but it's been a maintenance nightmare

Posted Image

It's most likely my fault since I often try to pack too many people into it, and those people are usually drunk. But just in the past couple of months the automatic windows have stopped working on one side due to water damage, the mechanicm to move the front seat up and allow people in the back has broke, and the door on the passenger seat has become unaligned and is a bitch to close now. I don't know about the newer models but the front doors for the two door models are huge and can get fucked up pretty easily. Overall I would definitely say go for the four door model if you end up getting a Golf or GTI
  • Comet%s's Photo

I don't get how you americans can afford such big cars (insurance).

As far as I know, small sports cars are more expensive to insure than SUV's like Top Gun posted
    Really the only thing more expensive about big cars is the amount you'll spend on gas, they aren't too much more expensive to purchase
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Really the only thing more expensive about big cars is the amount you'll spend on gas, they aren't too much more expensive to purchase

Big car or not, gas is NOT expensive in the US.
  • gir%s's Photo
    A red 2007 Mazda 3. Good gas mileage, fun to drive, and it looks good.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Yeah. Take US gas prizes times 3 or 4 and you have the current gas prizes in Europe.
    It's crazy how the Americans are dependent on their cars. Do the cities even function without them? lol

"MFG"

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading