Ask the Experts / RideMaker guys

• K0NG%s's Photo
    Since I've never delved into ride making before and I need a simple ride "made" (basically a 'boat hire' ride like rowing boats that runs on a track instead...so, it's more of a conversion of an existing ride with no new imagery needed) ASAP, I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone wants to help an old dog that's having a hard time learning a new trick. I've studied AE's ride making tut but, it doesn't really cover putting an existing set of bitmaps ("trains") onto a different type of track...so, I'm all confused now. If I had more time to figure this out, I'd be ok, but I'm kind of on a tight schedule with this so anyone that can and wants to help out...send me a PM and I'll be eternally grateful. Well, I'm old so 'eternally' might be a matter of weeks or even days as the memory starts to go. Ok, so you'll at least get a special thanks in the "Read-Me"

Thanks in advance.

*Simple if you're already familiar with ride making.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    One bump because I could really use some assistance here. Even though I've almost got it down now. I just don't have a lot of time to figure everything out.

55 reads an zero replies. One of you HAS to know something that'll help.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Can't you merge rowing boats on another track?
    Or just change the train type (which will cause the ride to break down constantly if you dont use the reliable-patch).
  • Cena%s's Photo
    You need to manually copy all the bitmap files over, then find the missing ones ( since tracked rides have more images) and replace the missing ones with other images, that means you cant build all elements from the new ride with the boats on. After you have done the bitmap adjusting thing you need to go to the pos.txt where all the positions of the ride are stored and you need to adjust those too. Then you can save it with its final name and parkdat it into your savegame and use it.

Conclusion: its very difficult to make a new ride.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading