(Archive) Advertising District / Avonturenpark Montferland

• Seb%s's Photo
    I'll admit that this particular screen I posted doesn't look very 'themepark' at first sight. But if the concept behind my thoughts would be my weakness I wouldn't come up with buildings like this. Maybe it's my fault that I post unfinished screens sometime but I like to know what I can improve and make things better. The problem with a darkride in RCT2 is, it's a darkride. It's hard to show what's happening inside because you only see the outer facade. I'm planning to build a terrace on the grass field in the middle and add a snackcorner on the right side in the building. Maybe that will spruce some things up.
    In the end this park will have 7! coasters, this will defeniatly become a themepark.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Absolutely loose the park focus, it's obviously not what drives you.

Really awesome architecture and atmosphere btw!
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    I just don't think that little green area looks right, it might be the terrain blending that makes it look off.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Shapes are good, and there's definitely some great atmosphere in it, but there are two things that bring it down for me:

-The red path. The colors are ugly and the perspective is off. It never worked, and it never will.
    -The textures. You tried to get some diversity in it by using some bricks and some plaster bits, but it's very unrefined. Maybe use smaller brick objects to break the 1/4th vibe, and use even more types of texture in the tiles to create smoother changes in the texture, making it look more natural.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    Is this still going?
  • Seb%s's Photo

Is this still going?

Yes it is, I'm just not eager to show stuff because the park is a big unfinished mess at this moment. Here's a screen to show it's still alive:

Big Buddha River
    Posted Image
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Reminds me of the rapids we made in Lijiang.
    Best rapids station I've ever seen. So good that I didn't even realize it was unfinished at first. 2013 is going to be a big year for NE I think.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Really cool. This is one of my most anticipated projects.
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Good work on the station. I am really excited on this park.
  • Seb%s's Photo
    Progress update:

Another part of the Brothers Grimm village
    Posted Image
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I love the windmill and the well. Looks nice!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    You need to add another story to the windmill. Windmills in urban settings tend to be higher than usual. If they're not high enough they can't catch enough wind.

The architecture in this screen is not as good as in the previous screen, it's a little disjointed and messy. Especially the colours, they're all over the place. Overall still good though. Just not great, which you are capable of.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    The windmill at that height also looks like it is blocking the door.
    It's nice, but it also seems like a step down from the previous screens. The architecture does seem messy as Liam pointed out and I don't like the purple eaves on the white and brown building. Still, this is very impressive for your first park on NE and I can't wait to see more.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    I actually like the messy architecture. I agree about the windmill though.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I think you need to get rid of the entrance huts here since atm they're an eyesore, for the rest I agree the windmill needs to be higher
  • Seb%s's Photo
    The castle of the prince is the start of his queeste to find his beloved one (Rapunzel's station)

Posted Image

The error at the bottom left almost destroyed the entire ride but adding track with zero clearance fixed the problem.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Very cool. This is one of my favourite parks in the ad so I'm glad you're building again. Although I don't understand some of your texture choices (suddenly Spanish arches), I do like the little details like the torches and the flags.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Cuuuttteeee <3

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading