Ask the Experts / Where can I get RCT Modified?

• PlaneFuriku%s's Photo
    It looks like all the links to it are dead.
  • nicman%s's Photo

I am looking for it too. If anyone has it.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I can check my cold storage.

Why do you guys want it, though?
  • nicman%s's Photo

To replace openrct2 JK. I want it so I can see how it works and maybe reverse-engineer it. As well to archive it so that it never gets lost.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

Wasn't RCT Modified just a modified G1.DAT file? Or am I thinking of something else?

• nicman%s's Photo

No, it had a modified g1.dat, but it also used a new save format called sv7.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I've never used RCTModified, but as far as I can tell having read through the thread on it, it's mostly just an alternative g1.dat. It doesn't sound like the file format was changed at all - everything was done by patching the binary so any non-trivial change to the save format would be a monumental task.

It sounds to me like the .sv7 extension is only used to indicate that a file should be loaded using the alternative graphics, and file is still a valid SV6. In one comment it is said that a .sv7 will load in RCT2, and I can't see how that would work if it was in a different format.

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    Yeah a lot of rrp's parks were built in rctm but work fine in rct2. He just liked the invisible stations I think.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Here's the setup .exe - not sure if there's any additional files required.

Attached File  RCTModified-1.3-Setup.zip (55.08MB)
    downloads: 6
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It was a separate save extension so it would trigger the graphics. You could load up any sv6 in modified by changing the extension to sv7 and vice versa.

JJ and Levis would be able to give you more information on it, however they aren't around much at all.

• Levis%s's Photo

rct modified is just a other g1 file yes. There where plans for more stuff by using a seperate programming running next to it to enhance rct2. this was far in developement but never finished.
    You should be able to just rename the .sv7 file to a .sv6 file and it should work. but I do reconmend to save it at least once in rct2 before doing anything else with it because it could be we changed something in the way the game was saved (the way it was encoded I remember we made it to save the game unencoded so we could modify them easier in a testing phase but i dont remember if this went to the live version) but rct2 should be able to handle this.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading