General Chat / Html5 chat.

• JoeZia%s's Photo
    Hey I thought to make a separate topic regarding html5 in general and not just focussing on my builder project.
    Check out this game, it runs very fast, it's just like flash in feel but it is pure html and JavaScript:

http://www.yoyogames.com/gravemaker

What the hell is HTML5, and why should I care? -- say goodbye to buying apps for your iPod or phone for now on! Simple, just wait until html5 is a standard for gaming. Html5 is the newest vision of the web's most widely supported format! (other than php, but that's a whole other story) say goodbye to annoying and stupid flash game and free app ads! Another awsome thing, with a little manifest file usage people can make their games and sites offline without the need of any Internet connection.

There is a downside to this however and there is no sound support on iDevices, and there probably won't ever be.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Can't you just post on a tech site please? Why do you want us to care so much?
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    This kinda effects not just geeks but practically everyone that has an up to date mobile phone or device. That's kinda everyone. Why would I be singling out this site? I share stuff like this everywhere on the internet and a lot of people find it useful.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'm quite surprised that you care so much, posix. Just let the kid have his fun, we all post our news in the Basic Chat forum.

As a fellow app maker-wannabe, I'm a bit intrigued. I'll be looking into this.
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    Nin: if you want to make native apps that can sell using manifest files will give you no choice but to have your app free. Try phoneGap, phoneApp, nimble kit, titanium studio, etc if you want to convert a html5 creation to a sellable app. Or, if html Doesnt suit your needs I recomend waiting for game maker: studio comes out. Just keep in mind that apps must be sold thru apple, which cost money as well as these programs mentioned. You'll also need a Mac.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading