(Archive) Advertising District / Thornborough Park

• thorn76%s's Photo
    Hi everyone,

I have decided to post a few screens of a park I have been working on for maybe 8 months off and on. I plan to go ahead and finish it, although I am unhappy with older parts of the park. I have went back and since discovering this NE a couple weeks ago, and used some of my new found knowledge.. But in all honesty I just want to get this one done and start fresh with all the new inspiration.

Looking forward to receiving your criticisms, opinions, guidance, and such in my hopeful journey to being a better park-maker!

Some of the screenshots contain unfinished areas.. ie. Behind Reptilian.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys for any feedback!
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    It's very traditional, but I like it very much! =)
  • thorn76%s's Photo
    Thank you BC! I really enjoy the look of the more "amusement parkish" parks.. More so than the theme parks. I am soon going to tackle a heavily themed one though O.o
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Cool! =)
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    The screens make me feel like you have fun building this!
  • thorn76%s's Photo

Cool! =)

Honestly... Probably my all time favorite game! I just discovered it in maybe 2009. Played Ultima Online mostly for years and years. I spend way too much time on this game now... Ask my gf..haha
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

Honestly... Probably my all time favorite game! I just discovered it in maybe 2009. Played Ultima Online mostly for years and years. I spend way too much time on this game now... Ask my gf..haha

First I discover RCT3, but I don't liked to much and than I discover RCT2, and I'm loving play rct2! Before I went NE,
    I just did the parks for fun, now I do the parks for fun, but with more tecnic, but not to much because I'm learning the game! =D
  • thorn76%s's Photo
    I have never played RCT 3.. Just really doesn't appeal to me.

Im with you on playing for fun mostly.. I am at that point where I want to step it up a notch, or several and progress. Which is what brought me here. :)
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    Well, 130 years, 8 months. I have to say this is a good park. :nod:
  • thorn76%s's Photo

Well, 130 years, 8 months. I have to say this is a good park. :nod:

Yea, I definitely tackled way to big of a map.. Has taken awhile. I have learned so much since finding NE a couple weeks back, So there has been a lot of experimentation in the park.. a pretty noticeable difference in the newer areas of the park.. I just need to start on a way smaller park and put the gained knowledge to use.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    I definitely see some potential here.
    But...that second screen is utter chaos. The colors and themes seem mashed together in some indistinguishable lump. Try to make your themes more clear-cut, without so much contrast between each building.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    These screen look dated but your work shows real promise with more refinement
  • mardy%s's Photo
    man i love this.
    it just looks so fun, it make me wanna visit this park.
  • thorn76%s's Photo
    Hey everyone... I really appreciate the feedback! I had to take a few weeks break, but I am going to take
    the great advice and refine that area that looks so chaotic with all the colors. I will post a few screens soon.
    Hope everyone has had a great weekend and again thanks for the feedback!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading