Theme Park Discussion / Disney Castmembers

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Hey guys! Are there any other Disney Castmembers here? If so, where do you work and what do you do?:]

Also, if you work in any other parks or theme park companies/resorts/etc, feel free to talk about it!
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Where do you work? I used to be a Ride Operations Supervisor at Six Flags Great Adventure. Good times!
  • JJ%s's Photo
    My cousin is an events manager at disney O.o
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    My sister works at Disney World!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    My In-law-cousin (I guess that's what it's called) his uncle is Bobbe Jaan of Bobbejaanland.

Edit:
    or grand-uncle I don't know exactly.
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    My older brother works at ''De Efteling''
    Awesome guys!
    I work at Disney's Vero Beach Resort as a recreation castmember. I am a lifeguard, as well as the guy who runs around and does fun activities and games with kids and guests.
    It depends on which shift I get though. I could either be on AM activites, where I typically play games like archery/soccer/kickball and do arts and crafts with kids. Or PM activities, which is basically the same thing, but which also includes doing 'Campfire', where all resort guests are invited to a singalong campfire where we are the songleaders, and everyone gets smores.
    Or I could be on the 'Ebb & Flo' shift, where I man our pool rental shack, renting out board games, pool toys, bikes, and mini golf.

The other day, I was on AM activities, and had to lead a Pirate themed pool party with Goofy and Donald beside me. Extremely nerve racking, as I am still new at this haha. But thats what its all about. Guests are looking to us to provide the 'Disney' experience, and we do our absolute best to deliver.
    Its so awesome to be in this great of a work environment and feel like you are truly part of a team who cares about you and wants to help you succeed.

Oh, and the castmember benefits are AWESOME;]
  • nin%s's Photo
    I just signed on to be a ride operator at Six Flags over Georgia!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I hear working at Disney World sucks.

http://youtu.be/f_WaxuN4o78
  • Liampie%s's Photo

My In-law-cousin (I guess that's what it's called) his uncle is Bobbe Jaan of Bobbejaanland.

Edit:
    or grand-uncle I don't know exactly.

Bobbejaan Schoepen? That's not really something to be proud of. :p
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I miss working at Disneyland... most fun I've ever had. Yeah they pay wasn't great, but I never dreaded going to work. I'd love to go back someday (after I retire, preferably, lol). My wife worked at WDW in shops for awhile and was also "friends" with Yellow Rabbit, Smee, and like five others I can't really remember right now.
  • Dark_Horse%s's Photo
    I was a Children's Activity Host mainly at Disney's All Star Resorts, but also got deployed to DAK Lodge, Coronado Springs, and Saratoga Springs. I did pretty much what In:Cities PM shift is. Hang out by the pool all day, play games, listen to somewhat normal music, watch movies, do campfires, and wear a bathing suit. Not a bad job, but pay was terrible.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

I think him, yeah the guy who lives/lived in the park.

why not ? :o
  • FredD%s's Photo

Why shouldn't he be proud? Bobbejaan Schoepen was not only Bobbejaanland's big boss but also a great beloved Belgian singer/entertainer. And Bobbejaanland under the vision of the Schoepens was good. It went wrong with the park after they sold it to Parque Reunidos...

I'm a ride operator at Plopsaland De Panne, a theme park which focuses mainly on children. Worked there as a student for 3 years and since december I'm a permanent employee. The paycheck is on the low side, but it's just a fantastic job! I love it :)
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Wow that job sounds pretty sick. So you pretty much never know what you'll be doing exactly each day, sounds fun. I worked at Carowinds in 2010. It was alright, except that I worked Vortex and Scrambler. Stand-Ups are such a pain to load and people complain/nag you to DEATH. Scrambler was boring until I started interacting with the riders.
    Hosted my first campfire today without a trainer. They let me incorporate guitar along with the songs, so it made it really unique as opposed to the other castmembers who haven't had a guitar at the campfire in years. Apparently they used to have a guy do it, but ever since he left a few years ago, they've discontinued it's use.
    So now i'm thrust into the role of Disney's Vero Beach Resort's unofficial guitarist haha.
    I'm scheduled for campfire shift for the next several weeks because a manager happened to sneakily watch our fire tonight and thought it was fantastic.

I'm excited:]
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Sounds fantastic :)
  • Adix%s's Photo

I hear working at Disney World sucks.

http://youtu.be/f_WaxuN4o78

I hear you're wrong. ;)

I just moved to the Disney Reservation Center right after Thanksgiving... good times were had by all.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Well, shit. It's Adix.
  • Steve%s's Photo

I hear you're wrong. ;)

I just moved to the Disney Reservation Center right after Thanksgiving... good times were had by all.

...holy shit.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading