(Archive) Advertising District / Avonturenpark De Dwezelaar

• Ruben%s's Photo
    This is a park I started at RCT-Guide, years ago, but never finished because of some setbacks. I started working on it again, and I suppose this topic is mostly meant to help me get to a point where it's release-worthy. Some new work I've recently added to the pre-existing park:

[attachment=7996:Screennr1.PNG]
    Some buildings at the entrance square of the park

[attachment=7997:Screennr2.PNG]
    Two new buildings I'm rather fond of

[attachment=7998:Screennr3.PNG]
    Some landscaping I did, this used to be my strongest point, so I had to try it out. Not too bad for now I guess.

Next time I'll post some screens of older parts of the park, hope you'll like it. :)
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Nice and cute. Change the blue flowers in the third screen, they are too bright and clashes with the dark tones in the screen.
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    I really like the gate part of the first screen...although I think that if you used some diagonal path in that area you'd get a much better flow going.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    I like the blue. It's quite unconventional but looks very fresh and cool.
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    The landscaping is just perfect for this park. These screens ooze atmosphere and if you till the whole park to this level it's most definitely release-worthy.
  • posix%s's Photo

I really like the gate part of the first screen...although I think that if you used some diagonal path in that area you'd get a much better flow going.

Fascinates me how people perceive this so differently. I would have said it looks much more organic and "true-to-the-game" without added customisation like diagonal paths. I say the more customisation, the more "made" and artificial things look.

The screens are nice. Rides and nature is a bit boring though. I like ideas.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Best thing in the screens: the orange tiles in the roof, second screen. Fucking genius.

Worst thing in the screens: bare paths. You don't have to flood them with pointless details like barrels or games for the sake of, but just add some 'little things' here and there or at least add some variation to the way the paths look. Textures, colours, bench configuration and that kind of things.

Bench configuration. Am I going too far? :lol:
    edit: No I'm not. But it sounds silly. :p
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Wait, am I back in 2007 again?

Your style hasn't changed a thing Ruben!
    I like the style, however I have seen this style a lot already and I would like to see some variations to it. Maybe some subtile details, some subtile colors etc, while stil maintaining the current look and feel. Just a RCT Guide style 1.1
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments!

@ Avanine/Wicksteed: I really like the blue, think it makes the area a lot more interesting.

@ Kong/Posix: Whether diagonal paths would make the park better or worse is not really a question, since I can't use them anyway. The bench is rather old, rather noobish, and there are no diagonal paths in it.

@Cena: Fair comment, fear this park is too far along the way to drastically change that though. But I'll definitely take it into account for future projects.

Down to business, some old work. Some of it shown before on NE, and some of it never shown before.

[attachment=8006:Screennr4.PNG]
    The park entrance, rather simple but I feel like it fits the park's atmosphere.

[attachment=8007:Screennr5.PNG]
    A darkride, (very) loosely inspired by the style of ''Droomvlucht'' in de Efteling.

[attachment=8008:Screennr6.PNG]
    Since life can never be all play and no work, there have to be backstage areas as well. This is one of them, with some parking facilities, office & storage space.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    This park looks really good. Fairly simple, but very nice
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I seem to remember that the entrance used to look different. If so, I tink I liked the version better, but this is nice as well. Second and third screen look great too, maybe some more flowers?
  • K0NG%s's Photo

@ Kong/Posix: Whether diagonal paths would make the park better or worse is not really a question, since I can't use them anyway. The bench is rather old, rather noobish, and there are no diagonal paths in it.

This is why God created ParkDat.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

This is why God created ParkDat.

I háte hacking. I can use zero clearances, I'm struggling with getting (parts of) rides invisible, and I still haven't been able to succesfully make the ride entrances invisible (Which I'll have to learn to finish this park... working on it)

So... ParkDat + Me = not so much...
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    ParkDat has nothing to do with "hacking". It's a tool that allows you to easily add/remove/replace objects in your park without going back into the scenario editor.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Parkdat is the best tool for RCT2, and incredibly easy to use.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Hmmn,... worth considering. However, it might just be best to finish this project and start with a fresh one within a couple of months. I've been messing around with this park for over 4 years now, so I should get it done and over with at some point... finally release something and all.

Having that said, some more screens. Mostly to give an impression of the park's main atmosphere:

[attachment=8096:Screennr9.PNG]
    Meant to resemble an oldschool ride like many European parks had (sadly no longer have...), being a water organ with fountain show

[attachment=8097:Screennr8.PNG]
    Just some atmosphere, wondered whether the use of different path textures was too much or not?

[attachment=8098:Screennr7.PNG]
    Not very special, accept for óne thing. I finally figured out how the remove-entrance-hack works! This might speed up progress in this park tremendously, since it was one of the biggest obstacles I still had to face.
  • proest%s's Photo
    De Dwezelaar, feels like a time machine, still a very strong park tough.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    I really like it how old RCT-Guide players see this as some sort of trip down memory lane. Mission accomplished even before release I guess.

Now, I had a question concerning some hacking I need to get done for a water coaster, and maybe you guys can help me with it:
    -Can you get one ride to have multiple different chain hill speeds (So say, use one as a chain hill and the next one as a launch)? How?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    No, it's not possible unfortunately.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Haha, I can remember this. Good to see it back, like I made a jump back in time. Please just finish this one.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading