(Archive) Advertising District / Thrill Village

• BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Hy there! I have a new project with franciscowdwpatrao, that is my school friend!
    The park name is Thrill Village and here are some starting pictures that we wanna show you!

>this is the park entrance, BTW, how do you say in spanish and french "welcome"? We need it to the sign before the entrance!
    Attached Image: SCR1.PNG
    >the other side of the entrance building...
    Attached Image: SCR2.PNG
    >the first coaster that we build, called Jazz
    Attached Image: SCR4.PNG
    >the wooden coaster entrance, btw called Cyclone
    Attached Image: SCR3.PNG
    >working on the scenery...
    Attached Image: SCR6.PNG
    >the last part of the layout
    Attached Image: SCR5.PNG

Hope that you like the start... :D
  • MikaRCT2%s's Photo
    Nice :nod:
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

Nice :nod:

Thank you! :)
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    It's all still very blocky, flashy, single line paths etc. Wooden coaster lay-out looks a bit wide/messy. Try to put some more time in it and be a bit more critical about what you build. (Unless you just build for pure fun, without intention to get ''better'' than please do go on and enjoy. :) )

However... that element in the second to last screen. (with the tree in the middle) I like it, a lot actually. Don't believe I've ever seen it before.
  • MikaRCT2%s's Photo
    Spanish: Bienvenido
    French: Bienvenue
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

It's all still very blocky, flashy, single line paths etc. Wooden coaster lay-out looks a bit wide/messy. Try to put some more time in it and be a bit more critical about what you build. (Unless you just build for pure fun, without intention to get ''better'' than please do go on and enjoy. :) )

However... that element in the second to last screen. (with the tree in the middle) I like it, a lot actually. Don't believe I've ever seen it before.

Thank you! I think that Cyclone with landscaping will not make the coaster wide/messy, but if that doesn't result, we will make another layout! About the paths, we are working on that to, but now we are just working on the layouts and the scenery of the coasters and supports, etc...
    Thank you! :)
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Could use a few more types of shrub pretty much everywhere, but the coasters look good.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

Could use a few more types of shrub pretty much everywhere, but the coasters look good.

Working on that! :)
  • ivo%s's Photo
    Nice element as ruben said. And is that an upside down tree?
  • musicman%s's Photo
    The pre lift on the hypercoaster is rather awkward.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

Nice element as ruben said. And is that an upside down tree?

No, is a dead tree :)
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Ok, some people heard about my coaster design Kamikaze but the layout wasn't so good and I have to do it again, and that coaster will be for this park! Kamikaze#2:

Attached Image: SCR7.PNG
    >this coaster it's really huge and I like the layout;

Attached Image: SCR1.PNG
    >this part was inspired by the real coaster in life, btw Shambhala;

Attached Image: SCR4.PNG
    >another part of the coaster;

Do you like the layout? It's fine? :D
    .:BC:.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I'm liking the helix in the last screen. The rest not so much, it's way too long and repetitive!
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Wow... that's rather long indeed.

The MCBR is totally useless over there, its at 4/5th of the course, and is only followed by 2 bunny hops. The predrop also looks rather unnatural to me.

Maybe lose the predrop, and move the element you show in the last screen to the place where you now have a low turn on the far right of the map, then directly have the bunny hops (so not a MCBR) in the same direction (towards station) as they are now, to make it run towards the station smoothly by using óne turn.

Get it? Don't know how to make it sound any clearer I fear. :(
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo

I'm liking the helix in the last screen. The rest not so much, it's way too long and repetitive!

So, if I start like Shambhala and remove one cobra roll (I think that it's called by that) and do the rest like the same?
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Shambala doesn't have any inversions, I think what he means is instead of having the turn upto the MCBR just have a long curve onto bunny hops.
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    That ''turn upto the MCBR'' is the one thing Liampie specifically said he liked. And I agree, once again a véry cool, creative element. What he means is that the loads of bunny hops are useless and repetitive. ;)
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Let me see if I understood...
    I move that element in the turn and delete the bunny hops? or the huge ones?
    Attached Image: SCR7x.PNG

if it's not what is in this image, please do the same with what you are trying to say.
    I'm not understanding because I don't know some words and the google traducer it's not good :p
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Well that took a while... I actually meant it like this:

However, I also thought of another (imo much better) idea that would take out quite a lot of those nasty bunny hops. If you lose óne of the first two big ones, óne of the 2nd two big ones and thén directly after the second cool helix-element (the one you've shown in the last screen of your original post) place two small ones and you'll be at the station. Result:
    4 bunny hops (decent amount) and 2 cool elements, and I think one hell of a ride. Like this:

(So after the lift only use the parts in black circles, and end with two small hops on the red line. Course goes like: Lift, first drop, big bunny hop, cool element nr.1 (the remake part) then big bunny hop again, cool element nr.2 (the one liam liked) then 2 small bunny hops and back at station.)

Once again, the elements you use are pretty cool, but those bunny hops are just tóó much. These are just two of many possible solutions to decrease the amount of ''boring'' and repetitive parts in this coaster.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    Thank you sooooooo much for the help!
    And sorry for all this problem!
    Thank you again! :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading