News / Troy's Sunken Retreat

• iris%s's Photo
    Posted Image

As one half of my debut park, Troy's Ancient Resort, this group effort was really popular, and came out so much better then I even expected. Thanks once again to the NEgt for the great graphics (most notably x-sector, Corkscrewed, and Glitchwolf this time 'round).

And major thanks to the following who took part in the park:
    -(myself)
    -Harakiri
    -vTd
    -RRP
    -Natelox
    -xsector
    -Fatha' Grinch
    -NeViS
    -Evil WME
    -PyroPenguin
  • Brent%s's Photo
    It says that the file wasn't uploaded when I tried to download it.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    It's already been released. It's part of TROY, in the spotlight section. This is kinda like Hidden Realm. It was already released, but a page hasnt been made till now.
  • iris%s's Photo
    I fixed the download (I think).
    Everyone seems confused by the re-release of Troy's Sunken Retreat.
    It's just another group park, just like Hidden Realm and IAAPA Convention were re-posted.
    Don't worry though, an unreleased Collabo is coming, so you can get ready for that.
    So...how bout some comments for TSR? Lotsa people put a lot of work into the park and into the page itself..so comments would be nice.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    I think it was a beautiful park, mainly the atmosphere because it was so nice. Sunken Everest and Island In the sun were my favourite parts of the park. The custom ships and boats were probably the best I have ever seen, and the detail with the shark and the harpoon is very good. A great job to RRP on the nice custom top spin, some good hacking there.
    Is was a great park, and the park it was released with was nice to. I always loved that crab.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Great to see this up.

I been looking at the park alot lately (since I did some of the logos :)) and I'm loving it more and more.

Harakiri's Area I love its so fun. Nevis and RRP's areas are outstanding the crab , the boat and the sharkare awesome. The hotels area amazing Diamond Head hotel being my fav the Shadow Paradise. The park is great and has so many cool ideas going on in it and they all blend really well.

Well done everyone that was involved in doin the page and getting it up. :)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    This park is indeed one of the single best maps out there, and that's for both normal AND resort maps. So much quality work - instantly recognisable from each contributor (shut up iris - just cos i got confused....;) ) and I think that all of it showcases some of the best work from those people.

My favourite hotel will always be the Carribean Palace, and I think that Blackbeard is simply awe-inspiring. Damn that crab....

Oh, and Go WME for one the less recognised areas in the park! Still excellent, and the vertical loop actually looks GOOD for once.

Well done everyone involved, and great writing there from Iris.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Wow didn't expect to see this added to the group parks but I'm glad it is. It was a brilliant park and deserves some extra recognition. The park map was excellent as well but this resort map would overshadow anything with a lot of great parkmakers turning in some of their best work. RRP's whole section is phenomenal with that liquid coaster and lazy river ride and crab sculpture. Harakiri's Octaslide was a great idea and perfect for the entrance area. Element is a pretty simple affair but very well done with a lovely blue station building and those rocky crags on the edge of the map. NeVis of course steals the show as always with his boat, shark, and waterfall. WME's wooden coaster was very well done and the loop hack works well. Pyro's river ride is wonderfully themed from beginning to end. I love those underwater tunnels. The haunted hotel was definately my favorite but I've never been that into hotels in parks anyway. Overall the creativity and theming of this park make it the best NE collabo I've seen so far, though Chateau Lake and Master's Isle come very close.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    What I would like to know is why you never told us that this was a collabo! (Or did you......)

Its funny how I didnt notice...... all of those different styles.......

This park is indeed one of the single best maps out there

Yes, ditto there. Troy (both the resort map AND park map) is easily amoung the greatest parks ever made. If it was on the list, it would undoubtedly be right up there with DDI and TH. And that truly is an amazing thing to come out of MY mouth, considering how much I hate the unrealistic style Troy has. The themeing, uniquness, and pure quality easily make up for that.

Now, Troy (the PARK map) wasnt a collabo......... was it? I know there were many guest coasters, but the park itself was constructed strictly by Iris, correct?

Although, I wouldnt be surprised if I was wrong on that as well. Maybe I oughta go look at the park map again and look for contrasting styles.......... ;)
  • iris%s's Photo
    Park map was done by myself, don't worry lol.
    I just added Sunken Retreat as sort of a "bonus" to my park.
    I'm the boss, I can do that :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading