H2H6 / H2H6 Standings (Playoff Teams Set)

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    posix, it's completely fine. As I said I was just bringing up something I had noticed casually that we might want to consider in future contests. Relative vote percentages might be a fix for later though.

trav, I was simply looking at this topic and noticed how many more votes the top two teams had, then noticed that about half of the votes they had garnered were from their R1 parks. Indeed, our team won't make it to the semi-finals even if we win R5, but that wasn't crossing my mind until I had already noticed what I stated. It was like a "huh that's strange, oh I bet that's why- oh, we're screwed." type deal. As I said I'm not worried about it, our team isn't about winning and probably doesn't deserve to go on based on our performance. Not sure how many times I'll have to say this. Not sure why I can say this ten times and still come off as a dick who's complaining.

Thank you for being reasonable CoasterForce. Your argument would certainly be valid in a different context. And I would have made the exact same assumption had I come into the picture later in the season; after all, wouldn't the point of a team be to win? Ordinarily, yeah, but the revoLLutionists formed with a slightly different idea in mind. Sorry for a wordy response, as I said I have had issues with people not getting my point haha so I wanted to be very clear.

It's a good point, JK. I'll admit I haven't voted in very many matches but I haven't always had access to RCT2. The buzz of the first round was exhilarating and I really hope it comes back for the semi-finals / finals at least.
  • trav%s's Photo

trav, I was simply looking at this topic and noticed how many more votes the top two teams had, then noticed that about half of the votes they had garnered were from their R1 parks. Indeed, our team won't make it to the semi-finals even if we win R5, but that wasn't crossing my mind until I had already noticed what I stated. It was like a "huh that's strange, oh I bet that's why- oh, we're screwed." type deal. As I said I'm not worried about it, our team isn't about winning and probably doesn't deserve to go on based on our performance. Not sure how many times I'll have to say this. Not sure why I can say this ten times and still come off as a dick who's complaining.

Oh no I wasn't saying it as if you were complaining. I was simply trying to determine if the reason you brought this up was because you were confident in your week 5 being able to beat us but still not getting through to the playoffs simply due to the lack of LL voters.
  • J K%s's Photo
    But I agree dude as I've been just as busy as anyone. I have a job 9-6 in the week so I can't build in the week, a girlfriend (we all know how much attention they need) and everything on top of that like a social life (shock horror). The point I'm making is I still make time to judge what park should win as this is what the players of this whole competition deserve. You could have voted on a match easily whilst typing most of your long replies but I can see why you have as that's a point that relates to your journey through H2h and not another team.

At a glance through this project I can see certain issues like the voting average being off as no one really votes on the LL matches. All I'm saying is if it came down to it Posix would easily find the fairest way to judge what team would go through as he's the fairest admin we've ever had on the site.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

Ok, I understand everyone talking about people on other teams should vote out of common courtesy are talking about the general trend... but being one of those people that hasn't voted in a while I just have to say that you have no understanding of the various situations. It's summer. People are outside more. I personally was working a job where there's no internet for weeks at a time. You just can't know the whole story. If that means any of my votes should be thrown out throughout the season because it's not consistent so be it.

It's not that we don't have an understanding of the 'various situations'... everyone has their own lives, which are definitely of a higher priority than this game. But if everyone who didn't vote comes up with some excuse (no internet, work, vacation, etc.), then why even bother with this contest? The entire point of this community is so that people participate.

I'm not going to speculate about the different excuses people have for not voting. But to see members posting in other threads and topics yet not voting in rounds... what do you think?
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Don't be so melodramatic. Why bother with a contest? How about because you personally get something out of it? Isn't that enough? I understand people are frustrated and want to see a good contest but I don't think anyone can even say it's been a bad contest because of lack of votes. It could easily be argued that the first round was misleading and led to unrealistic expectations.

These "excuses" that you want to put such a negative spin on are entirely valid. If you don't like that, tough.

To answer you last question, well, I don't care. They have their reasons. Maybe they don't feel like bothering to load up rct to check out our parks. It's not my place, or yours, to pass judgement on them. And let's be honest, it's not like a ton of the remaining active members aren't voting. It's more a large portion of semi active/lurkers that have dropped off of voting for whatever reason as the season progressed. In that case, these people aren't reliable anyway.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

Oh no I wasn't saying it as if you were complaining. I was simply trying to determine if the reason you brought this up was because you were confident in your week 5 being able to beat us but still not getting through to the playoffs simply due to the lack of LL voters.

Nah I noticed the bit of the discrepancy and that brought me to the realization you are describing. And who knows if we'll beat you guys with our R5 park? We could, we could not. I haven't seen your park so being that confident in a victory would be a little premature haha

Completely agree JK. posix will undoubtedly find the most fair way to handle any situation like that this time around, I'm sure. And it'll probably involve our team not making it through since we've only submitted finished parks 50% of the time haha, and if so that's fine. It'd be a shame for me to see us get ousted but we'd most likely deserve it haha
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Thank god my team is out so I don't need to worry about this shit anymore....

Don't be so melodramatic. Why bother with a contest? How about because you personally get something out of it? Isn't that enough? I understand people are frustrated and want to see a good contest but I don't think anyone can even say it's been a bad contest because of lack of votes. It could easily be argued that the first round was misleading and led to unrealistic expectations.

These "excuses" that you want to put such a negative spin on are entirely valid. If you don't like that, tough.

To answer you last question, well, I don't care. They have their reasons. Maybe they don't feel like bothering to load up rct to check out our parks. It's not my place, or yours, to pass judgement on them. And let's be honest, it's not like a ton of the remaining active members aren't voting. It's more a large portion of semi active/lurkers that have dropped off of voting for whatever reason as the season progressed. In that case, these people aren't reliable anyway.

No one is saying it has been a bad contest. We are discussing a problem that came up with the contest which is a drop in voting participation. Yes, it's a problem, and because we are involved in this contest and we care about the site, we should discuss how to fix it. I'd rather not take a flippant attitude if we can avoid it. Saying "tough" isn't going to help anyone here... I'd rather discuss and see if there's something we can do, if anything, to help voter turnout rates.

You don't care? Well others do. To clarify, I am speaking specifically about members who are on a H2H team, not those who are just spectating; these are the members who are having their work evaluated by their peers, and because they chose to participate in the contest, they should show mutual respect and evaluate their peers' work as well. If someone is on an opposing team and they don't bother to vote on a round because they "don't feel like bothering to load up rct to check out our parks", well... what are they doing in this contest? Why should we give them the benefaction of a vote and review when they don't bother to return the favor? And yes, it is my place and your's to pass judgement on them because we are the ones with stake in this contest and this site. However, I do try to distance myself from judging others because, as you said, those excuses ARE valid and we do not know who really has no internet access and who really is just a lazy asshole.

Maybe what we should be talking about is how we can increase voter turnout. At the end of it all that is what's at hand here.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    For argument's sake I went to check out how the voting was in H2H5. With the vote codes it was arguably stricter and only those who really cared actually voted. While it was a lot more consistent throughout the seadon the numbers actually match up to how this season eventually turned out to be. LL matches got 20ish votes and most rct2 matches got 40ish.

In that light I see no problem to be fixed and any condemning, however slight, of people not voting isn't necessary.

It's fine that you want others who are participating to also actively be a part of things but if that isn't the case it doesn't matter what the reason is (and that's the most important point). What's not fine is to demand anything from these people. You can either not like it and spin your wheels or just accept it as something that happens with an aging hobby site. I'm actually impressed the numbers are as similar to H2H5's as they are, therefore I accept it.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Can someone summarise for me what all these words are about? People lamenting about lack of votes?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Basically, yes.
  • Milo%s's Photo

Thank god my team is out so I don't need to worry about this shit anymore....

Play in H2H they said. It will be fun they said.

For argument's sake I went to check out how the voting was in H2H5. With the vote codes it was arguably stricter and only those who really cared actually voted. While it was a lot more consistent throughout the seadon the numbers actually match up to how this season eventually turned out to be. LL matches got 20ish votes and most rct2 matches got 40ish.

In that light I see no problem to be fixed and any condemning, however slight, of people not voting isn't necessary.

It's fine that you want others who are participating to also actively be a part of things but if that isn't the case it doesn't matter what the reason is (and that's the most important point). What's not fine is to demand anything from these people. You can either not like it and spin your wheels or just accept it as something that happens with an aging hobby site. I'm actually impressed the numbers are as similar to H2H5's as they are, therefore I accept it.

Just taking a look at the most recent voting shows that almost half of the votes were from spectators (all of whom I appreciate very much). So what's not fine about demanding things from those participating in a CONTEST? There are certain demands already with the way the contest is set up. Voting should be another.
  • Casimir%s's Photo

Play in H2H they said. It will be fun they said.

There'll be captains they said.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    It would probably also help if more parks were completely finished haha, hard to get excited enough to vote in a matchup if there's only one choice.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Because as H2H5 shows, it's common to H2H. The reason I'm participating in this conversation is because I knew where it was going. So I'll just say this now, I disagree with any tying of voting to team membership or tying voting privileges to voting consistency or the like. I think it's unrealistic and a bad idea.

Magnus won't quit... again... they said.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I'd say we're doing a lot better this year than we have previously for unfinished parks.
  • Casimir%s's Photo

Because as H2H5 shows, it's common to H2H. The reason I'm participating in this conversation is because I knew where it was going. So I'll just say this now, I disagree with any tying of voting to team membership or tying voting privileges to voting consistency or the like. I think it's unrealistic and a bad idea.

Magnus won't quit... again... they said.

Funny thing is, he didn't technically quit. Yet.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    So I was never clear on it. What was the H2H5 Flying German 'controversy' again? Did Magnus disappear mid season and come back for the semifinals or something?
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I was more referring to not needing to be involved in long bouts of trash talking. Our team now can focus on producing some kickass work for when the submissions stop pouring in. I for one now have some other players I'd love to work with, and it's only awesome to see others produce amazing work.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading