Custom Scenery Exchange / Render8 Custom Scenery Thread

• Stoksy%s's Photo

^I think the glowing lamps are a really cool concept. I'm tempted to say that the current problem with them is that it looks 'too' fake at the moment. But I'm not really sure how to better show that they're glowing; there's just something about them that's really cool, issue is that given RCT is constantly daytime there's limited functionality...

I think that the smaller diamond looks great! Would it be possible to account for people making the ride base invisible; as in raising the actually ride slightly so that if the default base is lowered (say 1 unit) then the entire ride would still be visible? Not sure if it's possible, or that question made any sense, but it'd be really great if you could accommodate people making the base invisible by lowering the ride (RCT2 default base) 1 unit.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Great job so far on this custom ride render8!

I know from experience how tedious it is to create a custom ride (and I didn't even animate, I just copied over the pics from rct1/rct2 :p )

What ride did you use as a base tho? (you probably have mentioned it already, but I'm too lazy to search :p )

Anyway, I love the version with the diamond much better and seems the size is right now.

Hope this isn't the last custom ride we see from you!

• render8%s's Photo

^ Hey Six Frags, thanks so much for the feedback and glad you guys think they diamond sits better now. The ride I used as the base was just the twister rides. I originally tried to base it on the enterprise ride so I could build this on a 4x4 footprint instead of 3x3, but it proved to be a bit too challenging for me. Rest assured though, I really do plan on doing more custom rides, but I'm just more waiting for the right idea to come to me first before I just randomly start making more.

^^ I think you kind of confused me a bit Stoksy, but I'm assuming what you meant by making the base invisible is making it so you can lower the brown default base out of sight but still keeping the platform visible? I hope I understood you right lol.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

stoksy, I know what you mean. ;) A version could be made that shifts the entire ride up 8 pixels, and I think it could help with that problem. I think it'd be an easy change to make too. 

• render8%s's Photo

I got it now. I'll see what I can possibly do for next time. I just actually got the ride rebuilt before I read this, so I didn't get a chance to try that idea out. But I just wanted to let anyone know that I uploaded the fixed diamond version to the first post and a screenshot to show it finished and peeped.

Attached File  ingame001.gif (34.89KB)
    downloads: 23

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading