(Archive) Advertising District / Seneca Beach

• Cocoa%s's Photo

*rolls eyes*

we just wanted to help you become one of us.

one of us.

one of us.
  • Ruben%s's Photo

we just wanted to help you become one of us.

one of us.

one of us.

Gooble, Gobble, Gooble, Gobble.

No but in all seriousness, we are not here to be mean to you. The fact people that have been playing this game for years and are quite reputable at NE comment on your work already shows that.

People comment because they care, and in fact want to help. Sometimes it sounds harsh, but let's just call that tough love. If you'd only take the time to listen I promise you you'd see your work get better and better within a matter of weeks, and as soon as that'd happen you'll start enjoying working with comments, as well as see that you get more compliments.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    You can either take the constructive criticism given here and try your best to improve, or you can go to a site where no one's work is criticized and continue to wallow in mediocrity. Your choice.
  • TheDarkMaxim%s's Photo
    I can take criticism 100%. What makes me torn is thati don't ever see my parks being liked here. I've downloaded and played almost 100 parks from here. Every single park with a rating of at least 40 seems just too fake. They're all super planned out, overly detailed (beyond what Disney even does), or has some insane amount of hacking. I don't want to do any of those, it's unrealistic in real life, and turns the game into just a modeling program. That's what is turning me off from NE. (I'm also a touch discouraged by in progress voting of one of my parks.)

So i think I will continue, because yes, you guys really are some of the best creators, and yes most of the stuff on tpr is a joke.

Liam, yes the color may be a little out there, ill play around and see what color scheme I like. However the constant recurring architectural elements comment is was really set me off, the only time I've really ever seen that, is in parks with dedicated themed areas (I.e. bgw). maybe some minute elements with carry thought.

Lastly I'd like to touch on the park composition. I'm trying to imagine this as a hybrid between a boardwalk park, and a smaller lakeside park (Darien Lake in the 80s, Lake Compounce, Lake Winnipesaukee). So things will be close and tight, it's not a big park.

Now, I just want to say please don't view me as the stubborn whinny b.tch, that's not what I mean to do, I'm sorry if that's the way I'm coming across, I just care about the game and my vision.
  • trav%s's Photo

I can take criticism 100%. What makes me torn is thati don't ever see my parks being liked here. I've downloaded and played almost 100 parks from here. Every single park with a rating of at least 40 seems just too fake. They're all super planned out, overly detailed (beyond what Disney even does), or has some insane amount of hacking. I don't want to do any of those, it's unrealistic in real life, and turns the game into just a modeling program. That's what is turning me off from NE. (I'm also a touch discouraged by in progress voting of one of my parks.)

Sorry, but are you really saying you've created a more realistic park than parks such as SFC or SFSF or even Watkin Woods?

I think you just need to find the parks that suit your style, we have a lot of realistic parks around, some of them are the some of the best parks ever created.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    ^ I think he just wants to play the game and enjoy it, not for it's artistic qualities or super realism and detail, but just playing around in a less pretentious way, for the pure enjoyment of building without having to create something extremely worth while.
    And I honestly see his point, sometimes it seems as if just playing the game is not allowed anymore.

When you conform to all the NE principles of quality you won't enjoy building more than you used to. The value of doing so lies in the appreciation of the community, and the feeling that you are creating something worthwhile that will be remembered, or will contribute to the quality of future RCT projects.

I advise you to listen to the comments you get, seriously consider their advise, but in the end choose what you would enjoy the most, or what you feel is best. Ask yourself what your goals are; Are you playing the game just as a time-consuming hobby, or do you want to CREATE something, and is it the result and it's quality that matters?
  • TheDarkMaxim%s's Photo
    ^You phrased what i meant perfectly. I do want to make something that really looks great, and realistic to some extent. (I'm not going to go craxy like SFC or SFSF) I want to enjoy the game and create something.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    You think hacking is to make creations LESS realistic? You can't seriously think RCT is really able to realistically depict real-life details on its own (or rather, by playing it the way it was "meant to be played").
  • TheDarkMaxim%s's Photo
    No i dont think hacking makes it less realistic...it makes it CRAZY realistic. Hacking bothers me because it makes the game unplayable. I love what people have done with it...but i look at it, then close the park and never reopen it, because hacks just turn the park into a model.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    as opposed to what?
  • TheDarkMaxim%s's Photo
    ....a game? I like having fun with it.
  • trav%s's Photo
    How do hacks do that? Again, parks such as SFSF work perfectly with the original game plan in mind. You can let that park run and peeps will function as they're meant to. It's still a heavily hacked park. I really don't get what you're talking about, you're basically saying you want to sacrifice aesthetics in order to play the game, which in that case why are you showing what you build at all? People who only want to play the game as it was originally intended shouldn't feel the need to show their work as they're playing simply to entertain themselves rather than as a creative outlet.

Do you really think we'd all be here if we didn't have fun doing what we did? Seriously, it's not as if we get paid for this, and anyone who isn't having fun will leave at some point.
  • TheDarkMaxim%s's Photo
    I enjoy playing a park by removing rides, adding new ones, changing things up....hacks cause errors galore. My goal, find balance between the two.

Im torn...this site is about making a great looking park, and its then set in stone. Call me wierd but thats not my style...so people are b*tching at me to not quit, and then people are b*tching at me that i have no point here. I don't know what to do....
  • trav%s's Photo
    So what you want is a timeline park. People do them all the time and release them year by year, or maybe just release the final product. Hell, one of the best ones is still the most recent topic in the Place To Release Finished Parks forum.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Hey DarkMaxim, do what you want, don't worry so much about it.
    I personally don't hack rides either ,because i just don't care that much about it yet.
    But i did get compliments also as well as critics. It's not only about hacking here, it's more about the quality of your work and the thoughts behind everything you present.
    The community here takes this game VERY serious. It's up to you if you want to take it so serious as well. In the end ,i can only say: Play the game the way you like it, find a balance between progress and fun.
  • TheDarkMaxim%s's Photo
    Read these two topics in their entirety, and you'll see what i like doing with my parks. Notice how i finish the park, but then continue to alter and continously change them.

http://coaster-net.c...gs-denver-rct2/
    http://coaster-net.c...age__hl__biggin
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    So you want to be continuously building on one park? I think this is just a case of you not being clear enough as to what your goal in making a park was.

Parks like SFSF are released so that other people may enjoy them as well. No one is stopping you from playing around with it once it is released so go ahead. This now makes sense why you don't like hacking as it is hard to remove rides.

If you want to think about it this way, here at NE most people make what you call a model so that other people can enjoy their work like art. You wouldn't want to go back and keep changing the Mona Lisa would you?
  • trav%s's Photo

Read these two topics in their entirety, and you'll see what i like doing with my parks. Notice how i finish the park, but then continue to alter and continously change them.

http://www.nedesigns...r/198/sfgadv02/

Still built in the NE style, but even uses practically NCSO and hacks and everything.
  • TheDarkMaxim%s's Photo
    True...though my intentions with this park was to make it a finished piece, and not a timeline park.

Ok...can we end the little bickering, im backing down, you guys win this. I'm going to push forward, make this my best park, even if it is just a mini park.

(Oh p.s. it seems like there is a hug shortage of WW/TT voters, maybe down the road when im trusted more, i'd love to help out there.)
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    hey dude personally I think that some of your work is really good and getting there but changes can be made. If you just keep on progressing then things will look up.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading