(Archive) Advertising District / Riverbend Park

• AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Well, now that my computer is fixed, I can resume work on my ongoing project, Riverbend park. It is my largest and most ambitious project to date: creating a full-sized Custom Scenery park, complete with attached water park. It would have been done by now, but that is an unfortunate story.

The park had been complete up to 3/4 of its full size. It was big, it was beautiful, it was my best work ever. Then, an untimely saving corruption reminded me why its a good idea to save projects in two different places. The park was completely lost with the exception of the custom scenario I created for it, which was composed of the CSO list (which I ended up changing anyway) and about four buildings. So, going from memory and what I had left, I began rebuilding the park to the original specifications, with some improvements where warranted.

The following screenshots are of some of the more "finished" rides, but none are totally complete. The first two are close to the originals in the first park, the third is somewhat different.

Screen 1: ThunderClap, a CCI creation that anchors the Western themed area of the park. The building on the right is the Ghosts of the Courthouse haunted mansion ride.
    Posted Image

Screen 2: Thunder Splash, an Arrow Splash Boats ride. The ride was recently modified and improved by Intamin, who added an "airtime hop" hidden in the new water effect house between the big drop and the splashdown.
    Posted Image

Screen 3: Burnout, a custom Arrow looping coaster. The ride was specifically designed to fit into the small space between an existing midway and other attractions, including the park's railway. The central train station is visible behind Burnout, and is one of the park's landmarks.
    Posted Image

I hope to have more screenshots available soon. Criticism is welcome.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Yeah... not much in these pictures that would say if it is good or not.

Make your next park better and more finished, and save it to dropbox.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Some other screenshots:

Screen 4: Main Entrance and Carousel Building, which was just about all that was left from the original project, because it was built into the scenario
    Entrance

Screen 5: Train Station and Main Midway; here you can see the main Train Station. The Kiddie Kingdom kids area, the Sun Dial Ferris Wheel, and the Antique Cars are in front of the station. The Burnout coaster, teacups ride, games buildings, restrooms, and Story Time Theatre are visible behind.
    Midways, Train Station
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    The colors are making my eyes bleed in some places. Tone it down around the carousel and the building to the top left. Also, the carousel building looks horrible architecturally to me.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    How does this look for the entrance? I switched the colors a bit, hope it's a little better. New entrance

Also a picture of the arena I'm working on for the park, which will be occupied by a western/rodeo type show
    Western Arena
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    Yes that's better. I'm still not liking the carousel building architecturally, but hey, its your park.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    why not put them directly on this page?
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I'm not that good with the internet-type stuff. If you can tell me how to do that though, that would be great. Also, thanks for the input Mr. Coaster.

Next project for the park will be updating the rest of the colors, and a large indoor coaster inside a themed castle.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    To put pictures directly on the page, copy the direct link box(just click it, it should say 'copied'), and paste it in the little picture link box, next to the regular link icon on the reply editor. Just click that, paste the link, and hit post.

As for coloring, try not using two super aggressive or strong colors per building. Try one strong or bright color, and back it up with a pastel, gray, black, brown, tan, something along those lines. Hope this helps!
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    Just copy the [IMG] code box and past it here.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Well, this park has been dormant for a while, just started college so I didn't have a lot of spare time, but now with very little homework at the moment I might as well show some of the progress on this park.
    Some of the following were from Fiesta, I'm just putting them in here where they belong.
    Posted Image
    Phantom's Flight, a B&M Invert
    Posted Image
    King of the Jungle, a B&M Floorless
    Posted Image
    Jungle Splash, an Arrow Log Flume
    Posted Image
    Secrets of the Castle, a dueling indoor coaster with spiral lifts
    Posted Image
    Trident, the park's S&S tower ride, and the entrance to Turbo
    Posted Image
    Shot of one of the midways, including the top of King of the Jungle, the Whip, and a few flat rides
    Posted Image
    Turbo, the signature B&M Hypercoaster that dominates the park
    Comments welcome
    Thank you
    A.K.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Side note: some of the foliage had to be removed for glitching, if you look at screens 2 & 3 you can tell
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    I like the invert until after the zero g. A little random and rickety passed it.

Would like to see the whole layout of the Floorless, looks promising.

The sign for Twabo (well what Turbo looks like) I don't like it on the queue line. Maybe put it on the catwalk so it's higher, more noticeable, will not glitch and actually say 'Turbo'.

Just from looking at the Hyper, the turn with the rocks, and the last hill before those helix's look like it would hurt going at that speed.

Your supports are alright, but it looks like some supports are just acting like fillers and are randomly placed and don't forget about adding footers on some supports.

Like the others have said, work on your colours, they're an eyesore.

Nice job so far.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    So I've been working on this park in my spare time, updating a few things and creating some new additions
    Posted Image
    The entrance area has been completely demolished, and the red brick building is the first in the new entrance complex.
    This building houses restrooms and first aid, a gift shop will eventually be added to the blank area

Posted Image
    The beginnings of a waterpark. The wavepool and the first slides are visible in this picture. The elevator is for an underwater tunnel connecting the main park to this new area. The tunnel has a glass roof, but is 30 ft under the river, hence the need for an elevator (I plan on building an enclosure around the elevator and restrooms/changing rooms in the circular area in the path

Comments Welcome, Thank You!

AK
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Been re-vamping some of the older parts of the park. Latest area to get this treatment is the frontier-area
    Posted Image
    The old Splash-Boats ride, which thrilled riders for over 30 years, recently demolished to make way for a newer attraction
    Posted Image
    What the same area looks like now. Mt. Flood, a new Intamin Water Coaster built inside a massive mountain, steps in as the replacement. The ride features a vertical lift and three plunges, the tallest of which is 80 ft into the large pool below.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    You're work makes me think of a young zburns or something.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Gotta admit. I really like that mountain..
  • Ling%s's Photo
    The mountain in the last screen is pretty cool. You look like you need to restore clearances in a couple screens. Most of the buildings are way under-detailed, and the supports don't totally line up (particularly on that B&M sit-down). I think it would help the look a lot to zero clearances and get underbrush beneath the trees, and hiding the entrance/exit huts would be another big improvement. The trees in the background of the two most recent screens are way too brightly colored.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Some of the best designs I have ever seen.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Thanks for the feedback. The mountain was fun to build, although the lag is now much more apparent in the game. I've been having a lot of zero-clearance issues with the game, although the positive result of this is that those really bright trees will probably be gone soon. Unfortunately, a lot of the foliage from the previous screens had to be redone because of the glitching. I'll end up redoing it completely when I'm done detailing the buildings using zero-clearance. Hope to finish this sometime this summer or early fall.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading