Theme Park Discussion / Moreys Piers Project

• rct2fan24%s's Photo
    I've been going to Moreys Piers for about 13 years now and ive always wanted to recreate it in RCT2, if anyone wants to help or just do it on their own they can because i really want to see this on RCT2.
    http://www.moreyspiers.com/
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I'll get right on that, sir.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    I can try and set you up a map layout from google earth. The scale would be in relation to the coasters. From there you would probably have to build on it yourself, as I have never been there...

Im not sure how accurate you want it, but tell me if you want me to do this.. I am building a Hershey park recreation and already had to do this, so shouldn't be a problem.
  • Casimir%s's Photo

I'll get right on that, sir.

Could you also fetch me a beer while you're at it? =D

Ontopic:
    Good luck with that project! Looks like a fun place.
  • rct2fan24%s's Photo
    That would be great because ive tried to do it but it didnt turn out to be accurate at all, and to answer your question i would like it to be as accurate as it can be as far as ride location and design goes, i dont mind if the park size is bigger or smaller and the two water parks that are attached to the boardwalk are optional. Ill try to find the updated map because they added like 4-6 new rides.
  • rct2fan24%s's Photo
    http://www.moreyspiers.com/plan/maps/
    Heres the updated map for 2012
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    See, you have to understand something about NE:
    This isn't the kind of website where you can just ask someone (particularly non-user specific, public requests like these, which I see all the time in the CS Exchange) to do something for you, and expect them to do it. We aren't your personal park-making slaves.
    DIY, is what I'm trying to say. And if you can't do it now, you just need practice.
  • rct2fan24%s's Photo
    well i joined like two years ago but i didnt start using this site until about 2-3 weeks ago so i dont know what people do here and i am willing to work on the park with who ever wants to try to build this park
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I'd be interested in helping. I went to Morey's Piers a few years ago, and have somewhat of an idea of the layout. This could potentially be a fun project to work on, if I have time.
  • rct2fan24%s's Photo

I can try and set you up a map layout from google earth. The scale would be in relation to the coasters. From there you would probably have to build on it yourself, as I have never been there...

Im not sure how accurate you want it, but tell me if you want me to do this.. I am building a Hershey park recreation and already had to do this, so shouldn't be a problem.

you cant tell from the map link posted but along the boardwalk, there is a tram car/tram in the middle of the boardwalk that is the same length as the board walk itself.
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    Ah, I knew I'd forgotten something: Welcome to New Element!
    I suppose I could have phrased my above post better-I wasn't ruling out collabos.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo

you cant tell from the map link posted but along the boardwalk, there is a tram car/tram in the middle of the boardwalk that is the same length as the board walk itself.

Gotcha, that should be a neat feature in the park.

I looked at the size of that park and its like 4000 feet long from Surfside Pier to Adventure Pier, which is HUGE. So we will have to 'shrink' the space in between the boardwalks a bit. There is more space between Surfside Pier and Mariner's Landing than Adventure Pier and Mariners landing, so we will keep that in proportion. If we shrink it down enough to fit on a 256x256 map we could do that, or we could make the piers much closer, which I like, because the boardwalks are the most important, and we don't need ALL that sand. We definitely have to sacrifice absolute accuracy here, but we have no choice.

Just tell me how close you want em, and when I have it all plotted out I will just cut the space in between.

From my initial measurements, it looks like the two biggest piers will be 22, and 23 squares of land in width in game.
    The length of those two looks to be around 70 squares long on average.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I can work on recreations of the rides when you're ready. Great Nor'Easter should be a fun challenge with the waterslides interleaved between the tracks.
  • rct2fan24%s's Photo
    I say we make the piers closer together because the only thing that goes on in real life regarding the sand is fireworks, lacross tournaments, and concerts and we dont need to put that in the park.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I say you exchange messenger usernames and continue the planning outside of the "Basic Chat" ;)
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Its a very simple park to design, Ive been going there for over 18 years. The hard part is going to be able to make the Nor Easter on a boardwalk, with the log flume going through it.
  • rct2fan24%s's Photo

Its a very simple park to design, Ive been going there for over 18 years. The hard part is going to be able to make the Nor Easter on a boardwalk, with the log flume going through it.

Since youve been going there longer than me you probably know the design a lot better than me so if you want to help us out with the project your more than welcome to because we could use some help with the 3rd pier, (Surfside) and with the shops along the boardwalk.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Once I get my laptop up with rct, Id be happy to help with the layouts.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading