Theme Park Discussion / Insane Coaster Wars

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Travel Channel just began a new coaster program last weekend. Although it is typical of coaster shows of the past by targeting the general public, it is still a fun little show.

Title: Insane Coaster Wars
    Channel: Travel Channel
    Day: Sundays
    Time: 9 PM ET
  • XCars%s's Photo
    I've been watching this with my dad, and with sfgam being our home park he recognized Aftershock @ Silverwood as DejaVu as it once was, and was very angry when it won because he never got to ride it and it was always broken down.

I always enjoy watching roller coaster shows, and I find it a tad funny and annoying how dumbed down they are for the GP.
    I miss my Deja Vu too. It is seriously one of the most intense coasters I have ever ridden. I would grey out almost everytime on it. Take advantage of that coaster @ SFNE you east coasters.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    This show is absolutely hilarious, but most of the time makes me angry. Just the thought of letting the GP vote on a coaster based on how cool it looks, not based on whether people actually like it or not.

I rode Deja Vu at SFMM and (although I have nothing against your tastes) I hated it. It was too painful, and I immediately regretted riding. And I have absolutely no idea how it can beat out Alpie, one of the best inverts of all time (A B&M, compared to a Vekoma), which also apparently has "four vertical loops". Lol.

It also beat Montu. AND a flyer. Why??? I still laugh at Robb Alvey reading off an obviously non-enthusiast-written script. It's like one of those really bad 80s movies that you still have to watch to see what happens, even though you will hate the ending.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

This show is absolutely hilarious, but most of the time makes me angry. Just the thought of letting the GP vote on a coaster based on how cool it looks not based on whether people actually like it or not.

I rode Deja Vu at SFMM and (although I have nothing against your tastes) I hated it. It was too painful, and I immediately regretted riding. And I have absolutely no idea how it can beat out Alpie, one of the best inverts of all time (A B&M, compared to a Vekoma), which also apparently has "four vertical loops". Lol.

It also beat Montu. AND a flyer. Why??? I still laugh at Robb Alvey reading off an obviously non-enthusiast-written script. It's like one of those really bad 80s movies that you still have to watch to see what happens, even though you will hate the ending.

Yeah, I was pissed how that beat out Alpengeist
  • Steve%s's Photo

I miss my Deja Vu too. It is seriously one of the most intense coasters I have ever ridden. I would grey out almost everytime on it. Take advantage of that coaster @ SFNE you east coasters.

It looks terrifying and therefor one reason I am dreading going back to Six Flags New England, as I will succumb to the peer pressure of my friends, most likely.

I saw the show and was pumped about it at the time (probably because I drunk when it came on). It was the G-Force Giants episode, and I was under the impression that each show was based on facts that influenced the voting. For example, the ride with the most g-force won the category, not just based on what people like more. I guess I could be wrong, since the other categories seem based around opinion. Although the Speed Demon one could result in the fastest coaster winning, which it should...

Either way, a solid show I thought. It might be stupidly written but thats where the entertainment lies.
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    I don't get why the Gio hyper twins aren't included in G-Force Giants. Same goes for any Schwarzkopf looper and the Batmans.
    Or I305...
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    I'm just glad Afterburn finally got some TV recognition. That roller coaster is amazing.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    I think they should do a series on inverts, floorless, wooden (already done) etc.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Shame us Brits only get the incredibly stupid 'Scream If You Know The Answer' :(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading