General Chat / Read This Article.

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    tl;dr: We're fucked.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I haven't read all, but i know where this is going.
    What can i say?

Money is more important then our own earth, sad huh.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Humans are indeed parasites
  • Ling%s's Photo
    So... space program? Go live on Mars?
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - Evolution.
    Obviously, the human race is not as highly evolved as it claims to be. Or it would be capable of not fucking everything up.
    And nature doesn't really care. It'll get warmer, so what? Nature always wins against a misguided animal species.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    I guess as usual, it comes down to whether you only care about your own welfare and survival, or the greater good of humanity as a whole. Surely, the top 5-10% will have the resources to survive whatever catastrophic climate changes befall us, whether that's sheltered and self-sustaining bases or colonies on other planets. Personally though...I hope that 90% of the population DOESN'T die from various terrible causes.

Also, there's the concept of "climate engineering" which has been thrown around and experimented with in some places. Basically, that we can shoot certain substances into the sky to reflect some of the light entering the earth's atmosphere, as well as artificially creating precipitation. Obviously, this should not replace limiting emissions and would eventually bring its own set of problems, but perhaps can temporarily render us less hopeless than we appear right now.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Maybe they are going to. But not only the 90%. The 90% will have the other 10% killed in no time once they really truly understand what's going on in the world.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading