General Chat / New moderators

• JoeZia%s's Photo
    This is the only forum I have ever become a member to in which almost absolutely everyone expresses their own immaturity through favoritism at its highest standards.

Just so you all know there are plenty of members who would have been here if it wasn't for the hard headed, bad boy attitude that the almost every current member has. One time after leaving this forum, I got a warn status increase for my behavior on a different forum, which I know I deserved. Know why? I had a NE bad boy attitude on a forum where being that flavor of troll juat simply wasn't allowed. I browse this forum logged out intentionally just to see if anything has changed since I left, and nothing has changed.

What do I mean by a bad boy attitude? Do I need to spell it out or something? Just look at this website. The majority of members have a obsene sence of humor, which is only allowed on NE to the extent it is afaik.

People here act like they are wild animals fighting over a dead carcus, tearing each other to shreds. This is what happens when you show wayy too much favoritism, that it just turns into pure immaturity.

Lets say there is new member, the most classic thing to do on the playground is pick on the new kid or that guy everyone finds annoying.

When I was a new member here, I was flooded with insults, and the what I realky don't get is how did K0NG compare me with Wolfman before he even actually started reading my posts. MA called me an idiot numerous times, litlle did he know I was only 14 roughly when he decided to be a bad boy. How would he know that I had a beliw average IQ is beyond me. Afterall at that time I was in middle school. Now I'm going to college, and now that I am 18, not that anyone here cares, I finally developed in my brain something very important, and that is maturity.

New Element is a joke of a website, I'm rather suprised it even made a facebook page. The culture here is rather niche, it is the minority of the internet. there should be some more moderators to take control of redundant arguments, anal name calling, bad boys who don't ever care when a member apologises (Link being the most recent victim).

Please Lord God Almighty tell me why on earth would you let such a group of people even be born? You kids play nice, cuz daddy (posix, geewhz, etc) is never doing his job as a parent of this forum.

I'm really wasting my time, because as I know from my experiances, that everyone here will simply not even think to take my positive critisism. Like the hypocrites you all are.

I can easily predict that you guys will say you don't care about what I have to say. What hypocrites.

You insult each other, and most of the time it is a lot of members ganging up on one or very few members, and it almost always starts because of someone not taking positive critisisms and critiques.

I know I will be banned for this, but that just proves all the more why this website need to change, and grow an ounce of maturity, and to cease all it's hypocracy...

And hey! I don't need bold font or all caps because I'm normal, unlike the majority of this forum, I can make my point clearly without overused emphasis of any kind.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    We are the "elite", you know?
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Good luck in college bud.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Don't be jealous that I've become respected here and you haven't. Besides, we both know you're a mentally unstable religious zealot
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Elitism itself is a bad thing cas, just so to say
    being humble and genuine is far better, look at guys like robbie who probably eat every player for breakfast in terms of skill and productivity, yet I have never seen him be an asshole because he simply can... I think we need to remain extremely critical, that's what NE is for, we are anal when it comes to the game, but there are 2ways of saying that and I do think joe here has a point that we mostly take the negative way of putting things, being nice more often can get us further in the long run and just being ignorant and saying "hey we're the elite, it's justified then" is exactly what he's talking about and you just basically proven his point by being a dick about it and thinking that superior skill justifies to be an A-hole. to me it isn't I might be an above average player or mediocre at best, I always try to keep it constructive in my posts and if I can't say it in a nice manner I try to refrain from saying anything at all really.

Walto: again you prove his point and it's actually sad to see one of the most stupid (at the time he was active, no offense Joezia) posters being right about you guys and you guys being even stupid by not seeing what he means. Who's the dumb guy here, he or the guys that again want to feed the fire and just pile on because they can without retributions or consequences...
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    I find this ridiculous, even from a real life perspective. If you don't like a web site, just leave it and don't come back complaining to them about it. That's just immature. And I can expect the comments "Oh your a new member," I'm a person. Just like every other member of this site. And if you know how, you can appreciate the culture around here, I know I have. And really, you make swears against us by god? That makes you absolutely no better than you claim us. So I'll say it again, if you dont like it here, just leave. And, guess what? I don't need obscene language or caps either.
  • Wanted%s's Photo

When I was a new member here, I was flooded with insults

See, I think this is where you went wrong. I think YOU THINK that you were insulted because you were a new member. This is wrong. You were/(possibly still - looking at this thread) an immature douche bag. A lot of new members on NE are very young and immature. This is an elitist forum that calls out this immaturity. You were one of the few, like Enns(years back), Dark_Horse, Jag(years back), who decided to retaliate and act like you AREN'T immature. But you were.

NE is the game
    The elitists here are the players

Don't hate the player, hate the game. The elitist forum that NE is, isn't made for everyone (specifically immature people).
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    If this site is a joke, don't come here or start a website that isn't a "joke."
  • Casimir%s's Photo

Elitism itself is a bad thing cas, just so to say
    being humble and genuine is far better, look at guys like robbie who probably eat every player for breakfast in terms of skill and productivity, yet I have never seen him be an asshole because he simply can... I think we need to remain extremely critical, that's what NE is for, we are anal when it comes to the game, but there are 2ways of saying that and I do think joe here has a point that we mostly take the negative way of putting things, being nice more often can get us further in the long run and just being ignorant and saying "hey we're the elite, it's justified then" is exactly what he's talking about and you just basically proven his point by being a dick about it and thinking that superior skill justifies to be an A-hole. to me it isn't I might be an above average player or mediocre at best, I always try to keep it constructive in my posts and if I can't say it in a nice manner I try to refrain from saying anything at all really.

Walto: again you prove his point and it's actually sad to see one of the most stupid (at the time he was active, no offense Joezia) posters being right about you guys and you guys being even stupid by not seeing what he means. Who's the dumb guy here, he or the guys that again want to feed the fire and just pile on because they can without retributions or consequences...

See, his arguments are one hundred percent accurate.
    Think about why I put "elite" in "" ;)
  • Wanted%s's Photo

....grow an ounce of maturity....

And hey! I don't need bold font or all caps because I'm normal, unlike the majority of this forum, I can make my point clearly without overused emphasis of any kind.

Wow THIS might BE THE MoSt hilarious and hypocritical thing I have ever heard
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    ^I agree to an extent but the elitist argument is stupid I think and is just as immature as someone saying this system is flawed,
    I mean people like yourself and guys like JK, rrp CP6 don't have this sometimes enfuriating tendency to be annoying or just plain rude. you guys still post with respect and some members don't do that and that bothers me sometimes...
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo

I say it completely tongue-in-cheek. Having humor in times of hardship or confrontation is how I stay sane. Step back and view my posts that way and you'll change your mind.
  • Lowenaldo%s's Photo
    When I was a new member I don't remember being insulted... maybe you did something wrong.
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    I was insulted as a new member too. I kind of partnered with JoeZia at one point. I understand I did some idiotic things - resulting in my temporary removal as part of a mass ban - and I know the Internet can be filled with mean people, but this website may have the meanest group of users I've seen. I know it is an "elite" website, but as RCT - especially in the original two games - loses fans, NE could be considered somewhat rare as a fansite for fans of the old RCT games, and by being jerks, you are driving away RCT players with few other options for a community that has a passion for the game like NE does. They might drop out of the RCT community altogether, or keep their work (potentially awesome work) to themselves. Therefore, by being jerks to new members, you could potentially endanger these games. Just my two cents on this situation.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Oh yeah - adding to my post earlier in this thread. I meant to include GigaG as well.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    If you're a new member and start trolling by starting an array of worthless topics, posting mediocre screens multiple times a day, and being sensitive when someone gives you feedback then you will be targeted because you simply put a flag over your head. To think we are sniffing out new members to have some sort of superior attitude is just bogus. These "newbies" bring it upon themselves.
  • Wanted%s's Photo

If you're a new member and start trolling by starting an array of worthless topics, posting mediocre screens multiple times a day, and being sensitive when someone gives you feedback then you will be targeted because you simply put a flag over your head. To think we are sniffing out new members to have some sort of superior attitude is just bogus. These "newbies" bring it upon themselves.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    "OK, let's disappear and not visit the site for a few months to a year, and then come back and demand a change in the moderators!"

Maybe become a productive member of the community before demanding things of it.

Oh, and the only new members that get criticized are the ones that Pacificoaster described; people like AvanineComputer, Where's_Walto, BelgianGuy, and myself weren't given much shit as newbies because we respected the general attitude of the site and were completely open to change without taking it personally. Generally, on NE, you get what you give, and if you're a good member who offers and accepts criticism without verging on annoying, you'll do fine here. NE is way nicer now than it was back in its heyday, that's for sure.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Like robb says, 4+ years ago this site was full of even more shit. There was even a place named the SHIT PILE, where members could just talk so much shit to each other. Shit, can we bring the shit pile back please?
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

"OK, let's disappear and not visit the site for a few months to a year, and then come back and demand a change in the moderators!"

Maybe become a productive member of the community before demanding things of it.

Oh, and the only new members that get criticized are the ones that Pacificoaster described; people like AvanineComputer, Where's_Walto, BelgianGuy, and myself weren't given much shit as newbies because we respected the general attitude of the site and were completely open to change without taking it personally. Generally, on NE, you get what you give, and if you're a good member who offers and accepts criticism without verging on annoying, you'll do fine here. NE is way nicer now than it was back in its heyday, that's for sure.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading