(Archive) Advertising District / Spessart Park

• Jonny93%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Hey guys. I want to present here my newest project. After finishing the Kim Jong-Il's Present to his People Park, i thought about what kind of park i want to build now. First i thought about a movie park, but there were to much of them in the last time so decided to something different. I want to build a traditional german park, called "Spessart Park". You may ask whats the "Spessart". Its a low mountain range in the northwest of Bavaria, in the near i live.

I just buildt some stuff in the entrance area. Its themed like a franconian village with a lot of framework buildings. Here is a very first picture:
    Posted Image
    I hope you like it! Comments are welcome!

Greets Jonny93
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Awesome.
  • RWE%s's Photo

Awesome.

Nothing more to say.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Its off to a great start. Very easy on the eyes. Keep up the good work

James
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Very nice screen. I can really feel the atmosphere it gives off and I look forward to how this progresses :)
  • Version1%s's Photo
    The start looks great, and I expect a lot of the project (thinking that you are building the park).

I had the "idea" of a organic grown german park too and will try to build it in NCSO, so it will be interesting to see how you will deploy the idea into RCT2.

I have one question though: Do you plan on building a small traditional park with one or two small coasters, a medium sized park like Tripsdrill or an even bigger park (like nearly as big as Phantasialand)?
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    This is brilliant
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    I hope you really do take layouts much more serious for this park and flow even more so since that was the thing that kept frankische back for me.

while the skill shows from the screen, it feels like I've seen it before from you
    it hasn't got that wow factor, it's nice but it ends there, it needs something more extravagant and popping to it to make it a great screen...
  • RMM%s's Photo
    a breath of fresh air within the realistic style. and good use of colors.

keep us updated.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    While similar to your last project this still shows promise. I am curious to see how this progresses.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    i echo BG's comment about layouts. the screen is very nice but i feel like ive seen it before. i will of course keep a look out for more screens. :mantis:
  • J K%s's Photo
    I think it looks really nice. There's an ugly roof combination to the very left of the screen and the two angles look weird from the very steep to the low next to a normal angle (green building). Other than that I like what I'm seeing. If it didn't have the German flag I wouldn't think it was Bavarian however. It needs some more things to symbolise the theme your going for.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    Awesome work Jonny. I'd actually really like to help you with your park so if you ever need support/help with layouts or maybe even layouting areas I'd be down for helping. You're one of the most talented members of the site in my opinion and I love your style. The screen is perfect too and I do think that it resembles Bavaria. Bavaria isn't all timber framed houses like many people would think so this works very well!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Wonderful. Great advertising and great screen.

My only concern is to keep the colour contrasts under control. It's very colourful already, somewhat like Casimir's work. I'd also say you need to delineate the theme a bit clearer. Your skill level is already high enough so a simple way to improve this would be to just make it less complex and add a few more elements of repition in your stylisations (= same designs of buildings and paths used identically more often). Right now everything is a bit too "individual" for me.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Posix, I agree.

I hope this park will be something along the lines of Wunderland Erlach... NE needs more small realistic parks.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    I'm really loving that park entrance! keep it up.
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Thanks guys for this huge amount of replies!
    @Version1: I should be more something like the Heide Park before the Merlin/Tussauds-Era. But Tripsdrill is also a huge inspiration. The bench is actually 150*150 big.
    @BelgianGuy: I don't want to make the same mistakes like in my last park. I definetely want to create some better layouts than in the "Fränkisches Abenteuerland".
    @Pacificoaster: Yes its a bit similar to the medival area in my last park but i think i can refine my work a bit to make it more unique.
    @JK: The step in the roof is there because there is a window in the roof level which you cant see because its outside of the screen. Why do you think it doesn't look like bavarian or franconian?
    @Fisch: Your help is always welcome. And i know that bavarian isn't all timber frame but here in franconia are a lot of cities with tons of timber frame building in their city cores.
    @Posix: Thanks for this helpful answer, i think i know what you mean and i will try to improve the screen on that way.
    @Liam: I know your Wunderland Erlach very well and its a lovely park but i want to build a bigger park. Btw nice flag!

Greets Jonny93
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    I love those typical kinda regional German theme parks. Looking forward to seeing more of this. :)
  • Fisch%s's Photo

@Fisch: Your help is always welcome. And i know that bavarian isn't all timber frame but here in franconia are a lot of cities with tons of timber frame building in their city cores.

I was just saying that in response to one of the earlier posters that suggested to either stick to this kind of houses or timber framed houses but I think if you do both like you probably were planning to, it resembles Bavaria the best way. You're on the right path in my opinion. ;)
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    @Ruben: I love them too.
    @Fisch: I see, thanks for your opinion.
    Here is a new picture of the park:
    Posted Image
    I was inspired by Tripsdrill. I hope you like the screen.

Greets Jonny93

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading