(Archive) Advertising District / Attractiepark "De Ganzenburg

• Super G%s's Photo
    Oh shit, missed an update here. Then you get two for the price for one i guess...

1994|FIRE!

Welcome back at a new travel into history with De Ganzenburg. 1994 was the worst year in the history of the park. A couple of drunk kids thought it was funny to make a fire with a bottle of gas. Result: a giant blowtorch. Both the newbuild Manege and the freshly painted "Draai" were destroyed. Luckily, we could prevent that the petting zoo with all the animals could set fire. Only avantage: we get a nice compensation.

Here is a photo of the situation:

Posted Image

The accident has made us think. What did we exactly want. Stay small, but easy to manage. Or grow bigger and grow into a funpark? The campsite and the restaurant are doing really well, we saved a lot of money. It was possible. After a lot of conversations between me, my wife and my brother in law (he owns a funpark in the north of France) we made the decision: in 1996 we open Attractiepark "De Ganzenburg". The three of us went to the bank and after a couple of appointments the bank lent us one million gulden. Together we have 1.5 million gulden for the new park.

I see you next year, in 1995 in wich we will see the biggest addition till now...

M. Arkant.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    With updates this small, you might consider doing three years each update. Unless you pick up the pace in the next few years.
  • Super G%s's Photo
    1995 | A funpark to be.

This is one of my personal favourites in the history of "De Ganzenburg". We are becomming a funpark! For the 1.5 million gulden we had we bought a teacupride, a swinger, an enterprise and... a wooden rollercoaster! The coaster is build by "Philadelphia Toboggan Company". We had to negotiate a lot about the price, but eventualy we agreed both with a price of 1 million gulden. Offcourse I have shot some photo's off the buildingproces:

Posted Image
    The parkinglot is already finished, we just need to finish the fence around it. Also on this picture is the new entry, together with the ticketboots.

Posted Image
    The teacups, build by Mack Rides together with the new campsite entry. On the background you can see the old stables, now used as the parks office.

Posted Image
    The other three attractions. The swinger is from the italian builder Zamperla and the Enterprise is from the Dutch comany Monial Rides. The coaster's station isn't finished as you can see, but it will be next year when the park opens.

I hope you still like the story, sorry for the bad English and tips are welcome!.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Congratulations on becoming a 'funpark'.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    ^Couldn't have said it better myself. Right now, it's very bland, but can't wait for some new rides and foliage.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading