General Chat / Life

• Ozone%s's Photo
    Hey everyone!
    Something about this place keeps me coming back every once in awhile. I take a stroll down memory lane I suppose. I remember when I joined this site and was an annoying little middle schooler but eventually started using RCT as an art form and had a blast getting feedback with people all over the world. This is a great mixture of art and the love of theme parks - a great combination.

I posted in May of last year that I live in Joplin MO and our house was hit by a massive tornado while we were in it. I also came back this February to let you all know that we got to move back in after gutting the house and putting it all back together while we lived with my in-laws. It's so awesome to no longer live with my in-laws (even though they are great and everything). My wife and I have been married 4 years now and we're excited to have a baby on the way! I'm a little nervous and I'm sure I'll learn a lot about being a dad. We're not going to find out the gender - any advice or ideas for names would be appreciated, it's harder than I thought to pick a name that someone will have for their whole life.

My life has been amazing and I attribute that to a God in heaven who actually knows me. I made a lot of dumb decisions; I got involved in a lot of drugs and alcohol out of highschool and kind of hit rock bottom and had to make some decision about life. I chose to look for answers for myself and had to really look at where my decisions were taking me, so if anyone here is at a point in their lives like that I would strongly recommend really ask yourself where your decisions have taken you to and where you want to be. The paths you chose to walk on each day lead places.

Anyway, I would like to hear about your lives and how people are doing that have been around a long time. Glad this place is still around and I still love theme parks and like seeing people be creative with these games.

- Joe
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    As I said in the Raven topic, we've missed having you around!

Great news about the baby, I'll suggest Louis for a boy and Meryl for a girl :p

Do you ever find time to pick the game up once in a while?
  • gir%s's Photo
    Glad to hear that you're doing so well Ozone! :) I'm starting to feel old, as I know someone who is expecting a baby in February. As long as you don't name your child La-a (pronounced Luh dash uh), I think you'll be fine.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Always good to see you around from time to time buddy!
    Congratulations on everything, it truly is great to hear that you're doing well with life, wife, and baby:]
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    you're one of my favorite parkmakers, and you're probably the most consistently pleasant and intelligent member of the community. great to hear you're doing well
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    I didn't have RCT installed on my newest laptop, but I just installed LL because you asked, Louis. I doubt I find the time to create another full park, it's kind of intimidating opening up RCT and remembering how easy it used to be!

I wasn't fishing for compliments, but thanks Dr_Dude.

When the baby get's here I'll post a picture. They aren't very cute at first, though, it will probably take a year.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I thought I replied in here, but apparently I didn't. It's always good to hear from you, and congratulations on the baby! I'm probably biased but for if it's a boy, I always thought Liam was a cool and fun sounding name. Consider it. :)

As for our common hobby, I understand that you won't do another full park. If you have some ideas for areas or whatever, and you don't think you can finish it on your own, I've got a map for you though. Contact me if you feel like it, sometime, any time.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Baby names are tough, all depends on where you want them to go with their lives. Personally, I want traditional English names, and am heavily influenced by nature, so am leaning towards Heather, Hazel, Rose, things like that. I also like the idea of naming kids after relatives; my family being quite close knit helps this I think. Or even just named after influential people in your life. Would be cool to meet the person you are named after later in life.

I should add for people that don't know, I have a very unusual name (Jem), and hated it for much of my childhood. Having to explain your name to everyone you meet gets tiring. But now i'm 25, I love it. It makes you stand out in people's minds, and differentiates you from the crowd. I would consider naming my children some stranger names.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading