Ask the Experts / Raise/Lower rides not working.

• imawesome1124%s's Photo
    I'm trying to make an Arrow mine train coaster for my park. I'm going for the old school look with the steel track and wood supports (Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Gemini @ Cedar Point, Excalibur @ Valleyfair, etc.). To do this I need to lower the 6-seater mine train track onto a regular mine train track, but it's not working. Here's what I have:
    Attached File  SCR11.jpg (290.05KB)
    downloads: 53
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    If you're using Windows 7 the 8cars raise/lower function doesn't work and causes the trainer to stop responding. The best way to do what you want would be to use Map Object manipulation to lower or raise the wooden mine track underneath it by 1 clearance.
    Could I do it the other way around and use MOM to lower the steel mine train track onto the wooden track?
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    You'd have to lower the wooden track -1 first, otherwise it won't work properly. Otherwise, just build the wooden track backwards through it with zero clearance.
    I'll probably just try the latter. I need to get better with creative problem solving, not just with the game but IRL also.

Edit: It didn't work. When I tried to build the wooden track underneath the steel track the supports didn't appear. So I tried building it in the reverse order and it made the wooden track disappear completely.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Why not just to a track merge? Build the station for the hyper and right away merge it onto the mine ride and build your layout than merg it back at the end?

-Josh
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    Are you just adding the mine train track for effect? Because Corkscrewy makes a good point...
    I'm trying to build it so the steel track sits on top of the wooden track so it looks like steel track with wood supports.
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    ah I see....
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Use MOM to lower the wooden track 1 clearance lower than the steel track.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Why not just to a track merge? Build the station for the hyper and right away merge it onto the mine ride and build your layout than merg it back at the end?

-Josh

Jesus, that's ridiculous. For the same effect you could simply change the train type, which could be done in seconds really. Got nothing to do with merging; basic hacking knowledge man.

I think imawesome1124 (great nickname) wants the look of vekoma/arrow track with wooden planks in the track; done by combining both track types. I'd make the coaster out of vekoma/arrow track, and build the mine train coaster through the actual coaster backwards with zero clearance.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Which is something I lack. Also I wasn't entirely sure what he was going for. And everytime I just change the train type it breaks down quite often and its just something I've never messed with that much.

-Josh

Jesus, that's ridiculous. For the same effect you could simply change the train type, which could be done in seconds really. Got nothing to do with merging; basic hacking knowledge man.

I think imawesome1124 (great nickname) wants the look of vekoma/arrow track with wooden planks in the track; done by combining both track types. I'd make the coaster out of vekoma/arrow track, and build the mine train coaster through the actual coaster backwards with zero clearance.

That's what I tried, but for some reason the supports for the wooden mine train track were invisible, and I was building backwards. I talked to Coupon on chat on TPR and he told me that shouldn't happen, so I don't know what's causing it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading