Ask the Experts / Reversed Trains?

• 10ryansmith%s's Photo
    Looking to see of this is possible but can I do a reverse incline launch with the train backwards? Like if I did a boomarang but had the train go forwards out of the station, go up the chained incline, release, then go reverse through layout then stall and go forward... I hope I'm making some sense... If not no biggie. Just wondering.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I was able to do something like that with merging, using only one track piece and a little zero clearance but the end result was that the train was carried up the hill to a merge track, went up to a point and stopped (using a little hill) and then go backwards onto a different track. All you need to do is merge a piece of the main coaster's track onto the secondary track (which should be built in the same direction as the original) and do the reverse at the other end. Problem is you need to build another reversing station at the end of the ride, but it's a useful hack.

As for the reverse-inclined launch part, I would recommend trying the Launched Lift Hill track on the twister coaster. Those are bi-directional, so if you launch a train up them, it will come back down at a reasonable pace (provided that they are sufficiently spaced apart, I would say place them with at least one regular up section in between Don't know if that's what you're looking for, but hopefully it helps.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading