Theme Park Discussion / B&M's Backwards

• Chrixz%s's Photo
    Personally I don't really like this, because when I'm riding a coaster I like to look at the surroundings and the layout. Also for example take Swarm @Thorpe I think the first drop might be thrilling because you know your going upside down in to the first drop, otherwise I think it will ruin the first drop experience. Maybe if they take half the train backwards and the other half forwards would be better, because not everybody likes going backwards. Nonetheless I credit B&M for doing something new.
  • SixFlagsTexas1994%s's Photo
    Good thing it's not happening down here at SFOT. I really love the batman clones and they're successful, but this is going to suck and the staff tested the SFStL batman claiming that it might have been too intense. Like all have said these compact B&M inverts are intense enough forward.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Maybe if they take half the train backwards and the other half forwards would be better, because not everybody likes going backwards.

That is what they are doing on all 3 coasters. Only a few rows on each train are going backwards. On Swarm is it the back two rows. I believe it is the back two or three on the others.
  • Chrixz%s's Photo
    Ok I see if it's only 2 or 3 rows I actually think it might work, especially for those who are actually looking for more of a thrill backwards is a great sollution as long as they still have the opertunity to ride forwards too. Now we actually have the best of both worlds.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    These crazy coaster manufacturers keep coming up with new ways to make RCT more complicated. Pretty soon I'm going to have to shoestring everything forever.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    Im not really surprised or impressed,but its a cheap way to add a gimmick to a boring ride I guess.Other companies did this many years ago.

Posted Image

I tend to find that the thrill of a ride is based on the anticipation of a element.That big scary drop isnt so bad when you cant see it, see; que line interaction. Low visibility tends to just throw you around and then its over (dark rides,backwards,middle seat & middle car on a 4 wide train). You feel the forces but you might as well be blind
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    I don't like this trend.
    It means I either watch other peoples faces while riding or the backrow facing forwards is gone.
    Two things I don't really want on a rollercoaster IMO.

"MFG"
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Yeh but what they did to Tic Tac Tornado is just retarded.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    It seems pretty cool, but on a wingrider it misses effect. You won't have the near-misses then... I'll be doing Swarm and Batman in SFGA this year, I'm pretty curious. I did the Batman in Madrid, and it's pretty intense. How would that be backwards?!
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    I would think the keyholes would be more surprising since you can't see when they're coming and can't prepare for them (unless your obsessed like we are and know where they're located during the ride).

These coaster trains are going to look crazy. lol
  • RRP%s's Photo

Yeh but what they did to Tic Tac Tornado is just retarded.

It came built like that 20+ years ago

I would think the keyholes would be more surprising since you can't see when they're coming and can't prepare for them (unless your obsessed like we are and know where they're located during the ride).

These coaster trains are going to look crazy. lol

How i see it is you get a lot of thrill from suspense and anticipation.Just like how its more intense to do a bungee jump face first than it is to jump backwards.Weve all ridden dark rides where you cant anticipate and brace yourself so get thrown around the car.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I think this is a fine idea for the just the back row on the tamer/"flowier" B&Ms. The view would be killer... like another front row but with forces and no ability to see what's coming. I. WANT. Any and all other reversed rows are "meh". If they're keeping the last car facing forward for the "face off" then color me angry.

I'd love to ride the back row of X-Flight or Great Bear in reverse. I think it would genuinely make them better rides. I would probably love Diamondback or Raging Bull in reverse (back row, facing backwards) as well, but I'm doubtful that either of those would come to fruition. I think it's great that after PTC shut this stuff down on their wooden coasters (Racer, Rebel Yell, and American Eagle all had a "forward" side and a "backward" side for a while) that some companies are willing to try it. And B&M is kinda the prime candidate since they have a lot of rides that are pretty mild and this could spice it up.

I just think Batman: The Ride is a very poor choice. The only things they could've chosen that would be worse would be a stand-up... That'd be just awful...

Ride6
  • RRP%s's Photo
    I agree with that.Very back row on a hyper would give a great view
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Have to wonder though, would there be some potential comfort problems if they were to reverse the back row of a B&M hypercoaster. The seats are really comfortable, but will it be that way with all of one's force on that little clamshell of a lapbar? That's the only thing I can think of that would prevent the bigger B&M's making this transition initially, otherwise I think it would be a great experience
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It came built like that 20+ years ago

I know, that doesn't make it any less retarded though.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading