General Chat / What Are You Listening To Right Now

• mantis%s's Photo
    Slow Country
    Gorillaz
    Gorillaz
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Fooz, you could have saved time and wrote "Led Zeppelin / Stairway to Heaven" or something...I think we all know the song.

The Music - Take the Long Road and Walk It
  • Foozycoaster%s's Photo
    You better know the song. And it took me 1 second cause I was lookin at the lyrics.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Death Comes Ripping- The Msifits

Raven-SDI
    §
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm singing at the top of my voice.

The Bartender and the Thief
    Stereophonics
    Performance and Cocktails
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Linkin Park -- Faint

Amazing song, I might add.

Even though liking the extreme music that I do, I like hearing that song because it reminds me of the summer. I was wondering, on the album are the tracks generally heavier or more mellower then that?

The real question is...would it kill them to make more songs like that? Shit, maybe then they wouldn't suck.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    5/4 Five Four
    Gorillaz
    Gorillaz

Best song on the album.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Ann Don't Cry by Pavement.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    The Rafters
    Moby
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Best song on the album.

"Rock the House" rapes it, dude.

Now I'm listening to Bill O'Reilly...his right-wing extremism is so pathetic, it makes me feel good about myself. (No-Spin Zone - that is brilliant)
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Lost Without You - Jayn Hanna
    Sasha & Digweed
    Northern Exposure: Expeditions (1998)
  • JFK%s's Photo

I'm pretty sure that WinAmp a. doesn't rape them all, actually its a system hog, and isn't nearly as functional or complete as RealOne or even the latest Windows Media Player, and b. it can play both .rmj and .wma files.

Yeah, anyways... I made a little rip of two songs (both quite short) in .rmj 64kbps and .mp3 192kbps, just to prove my point to all of you mindless turds.

But I haven't uploaded it yet, so, um, uh, I'll do that now...

Isn't fun to go completely off-topic and start up a nice little arguement? I think so, especially when .mp3 is being protected. After all, it is one of the worste (if not the worste) audio file-type out there.

A)You're right, Winamp is a fucking slow-ass system hog. The best MP3 player everer was the old Windows Media Player (the really basic one) - except it didn't support playlists which made it useless to me. Winamp2 wasn't that bad, however. Real Jukebox is a big pile of shit. But this Real One player.. I shall download it.
    B) What did you use to encode the .mp3? Personally, I use LAME - it's real neato (because DOS prompts make me feel big and clever). I'm just developing a completely irrational suspicion of whatever you used to encode the files...
    C)Upload them now, Gardner. NOW.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Prenology- The Roots
  • ThunderCat%s's Photo
    Cher - Dov'e L'amore

Go Cher! w00t!
  • cg?%s's Photo

A)You're right, Winamp is a fucking slow-ass system hog. The best MP3 player everer was the old Windows Media Player (the really basic one) - except it didn't support playlists which made it useless to me. Winamp2 wasn't that bad, however. Real Jukebox is a big pile of shit. But this Real One player.. I shall download it.
    B) What did you use to encode the .mp3? Personally, I use LAME - it's real neato (because DOS prompts make me feel big and clever). I'm just developing a completely irrational suspicion of whatever you used to encode the files...
    C)Upload them now, Gardner. NOW.

A. I know I'm right, at least about Winamp being a system hog. And yes, you should download Real One Player.

B. The .mp3 was just ripped from my CD using Real One Player, and I don't know what kind of encoding it uses.

C. I did upload them, and even posted a link... I see it, do you? Hmm... maybe not. It's located at: http://www.angelfire...rdner/Proof.zip

They aren't nessecarily the best songs to show off MP3s suckiness when compared to Real Audio, however they are short, and as such, small.

Which is good, because I don't have much file space (and it makes it a shorter download for you).

Oh, and I'm listening to Blazing Arrow by Blackalicious (the song, not CD).
  • Vert%s's Photo
    Stranger in My House-Tamia
    Officially Missing You-Tamia
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Rock You
    The Roots
    Phrenology (2002)
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Mars Attacks - The Misfits
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I prefer 5/4, QOTSA. Rock the House is cool too, and Double Bass.

Anyway.

Once Around The Block
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Hour of Bewilderbeast
  • Blind Guardian%s's Photo
    Blind Guardian - Nightfall [live]

From the brandnew live-double CD. Buy it. :t2:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading