Theme Park Discussion / 2013 done & planned

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    I'm going to school in New York, so I'm going to hit up Coney Island/Luna Park at least once, try to get down to Six Flags Great Adventure once, and when I go home for summer, I'll hit up SilverWood at least once. I have yet to ride the Deja Vu that they've had for like 4 years now, and they are building the world's largest Giant Frisbee which will be open when the season starts.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    I'd really like to get to Cedar Point this year, but that probably won't happen. Places I definitely need to get to at some point would be Hersheypark (haven't been there since Skyrush was added) Knoebels, and Kings Dominion, since there are rumors that Anaconda might be coming close to the end of its service life, and I really like Anaconda.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    Being a Florida resident really helps when it comes to annual passes. Me and my band got Busch Gardens passes last year for $9 a month with no down payment. This year we're planning on doing BG and Sea World with the monthly payments.

I've got two jobs though, so thats where the money comes from:]
  • FredD%s's Photo

FredD has like $1000 worth of admission tickets listed as well as travel and overnight accommodations. I couldn't afford that even with a decent job.

Season passes helps limiting the total price. The Six Flags season pass was really cheap, only $ 65. Cedar Fair wasn't that cheap, $ 164, but we can use it for 3 other parks besides Cedar Point. If I count together all the other admission prices with those season passes, It'll cost me $ 485, which is in current exchange rate € 361,85. And this is a rough estimate, because the organisators of the trip will try to get the cheapest price possible. Many parks offer group rates, or offer discounts when you buy online. So I'll think it will even be less than what I have calculated.

In total, this trip will cost me almost € 3000, without the food and souvenirs included. It's much, yeah, but I expected that when I've registered for this trip and if you have to do such a trip alone, it'll cost even more. It's a trip to the other side of the world, so I'm not afraid of paying much, I think it's worth it. And I have a job, which makes around € 1200 a month. And I live with my dad, so I don't have many costs at home, I can save much of my salary.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo

BTW, Justin, when do you plan to come visit the Point? Meet up? :)/>

If I come it would be in the summer. I have to see how I am doing financially by then, but I would like to come ride that sexy Wingrider.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    Yeah, I just looked up the Six Flags rates. I might have to get on that, its a really good deal!
  • Maverix%s's Photo

If I come it would be in the summer. I have to see how I am doing financially by then, but I would like to come ride that sexy Wingrider.

Well I'm home from May until Mid August, just let me know if/ when you decide to drop by.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    For sure.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Done: None, I live in Michigan. Parks within day-trip/weekend range open in late April at the earliest.

Planned:

Six Flags Over Texas: Sunday March 3rd (hopefully)
    King's Island: April 27th and/or May 3rd
    Cedar Point: May 11th-16th (probably at least a full day and a couple evenings).

Following that it depends on where I end up living. I'll have a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass, so hopefully I'll be able to take advantage of that. Some of my friends live down in Virginia, so maybe I'll finally make it down to BGW and grab a few more laps on I-305 while I'm in the area... Another friend is moving to the bay area (Cali) but I doubt I'll be able to make it out there this year... I've been wanting to do a Waldameer/Conneaut Lake/Kennywood trip for a couple summers now but it's a rather expensive proposition compared to abusing my season pass... :-/

Ride6
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Planned: Tusenfryd. Don't know when. Anything else is nice but nothing I plan months ahead.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Hitting Cedar Point in May, and might get a season pass and go regularly during the summer.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Hitting Cedar Point in May, and might get a season pass and go regularly during the summer.

If you do we should meet up sometime. If we get on well it'll give us another park buddy, which makes season-pass abuse possible. Going to the park alone is rarely much fun (unless the crowds are super light).

Ride6
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Plnning on going to Galveston for Iron Shark and SFFT for Iron rattler!

And ofcourse lots of SFOT visits.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Plnning on going to Galveston for Iron Shark and SFFT for Iron rattler!

And ofcourse lots of SFOT visits.

God damnit why does my phone double post everytime.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    Damn, i'm so jealous.

I wish i could visit so many parks, or even a park.
    Not going to happen this year, my financial situation won't allow it i'm afraid.

But the ones that can, enjoy it. :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo

If we get on well it'll give us another park buddy, which makes season-pass abuse possible.

Just make sure you don't get along TOO much, my RCT park buddy turned into my housemate :p
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Damn, i'm so jealous.

I wish i could visit so many parks, or even a park.
    Not going to happen this year, my financial situation won't allow it i'm afraid.

But the ones that can, enjoy it. :)/>

Be glad it's just your financial situation. Money comes later and there's a lot of important stuff money can't buy xD

Ah well, I don't know if I'm getting out of the country this year to make our annual theme park visit (generally alternating between Disney Paris and Europa Park. Gonna depend on how well my sister recovers and how well my father's third surgery goes. What I do know is that the next time I pack a big bag and go to them I want to have some fun for a change. Ah well I hope that we can make the trip just to celebrate the end of this frikkin' nightmare. Doesn't help that I currently have a 30+6 credit study period either which kinda means that in the first period I have a 7.5 day workload. Dunno how that's gonna end either, but I definitely know I want to get out this summer.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo

If you do we should meet up sometime. If we get on well it'll give us another park buddy, which makes season-pass abuse possible. Going to the park alone is rarely much fun (unless the crowds are super light).

Ride6

Sounds fun. Like I said, it's up in the air if I will of not right now. I'll definitely update this situation though!
  • Maverix%s's Photo

Ride6

Sounds fun. Like I said, it's up in the air if I will of not right now. I'll definitely update this situation though!

I'll throw my name into the 'park buddy' hat for Cedar Point in May.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    14/01: Disneyland Paris
    15/01: Disneyland Paris
    24/02: Plopsa indoor Hasselt

Next: Efteling 09/03

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading