(Archive) Advertising District / Idora Park

• olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Idora Park 1899 - 1984 This is a recreation of a park from my hometown of Youngstown Ohio.It was known as Youngstowns million dollar playground it was built at the end of a trolly line in 1899. I had the fun of working there as a ride operator of The Wildcat rollercoaster In 1977 and 1978. Also I need to say that amradiostars built the original map structures and major rides all other parts are my work. I hope you enjoy the screens.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR1.JPG
    • Attached Image: SCR2.JPG
    • Attached Image: SCR3.JPG
    • Attached Image: SCR4.JPG
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    I'm not a major fan of your style, yet at the same time it looks like alot of fun. There is consistently too much path. I could complain about lack of details and blocky archy, but for some reason it doesn't bother me here.

FK
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Way too much path, and the custom rides seem a bit iffy; however, it looks like a lot of fun. Buildings are a bit blocky, but it seems like you're experimenting with different forms and whatnot, which is a great start. Keep at it, man.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    I see what you guys mean about the paths but the park really was covered in that much asphalt. The structures do look blocky but that is the way they looked. When ever the park changed something they just used what they had new paint and new trim work that was about it.There budget was very small that's why they didn't change rides very much.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Here are some overhead screenshots of the park. I have removed as much path as I can any more and the park wouldn't look right.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: SCR1.JPG
    • Attached Image: SCR2.JPG
    • Attached Image: SCR3.JPG
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Was the Wildcat really yellow at one time? Anyway, looking pretty good. I'm definitely liking the look of the little town you have going outside of the park.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    I think it looks decent. Certainly too much pathing.

I see what you guys mean about the paths but the park really was covered in that much asphalt. The structures do look blocky but that is the way they looked. When ever the park changed something they just used what they had new paint and new trim work that was about it.There budget was very small that's why they didn't change rides very much.

First, you have skill. But you have to decide where you will be applying that skill. Are you going to make a realistic park exactly as it appears (or appeared) in real life? Or are you going to make something from your imagination that would look better in RCT? If the former, then we cannot help you much, I'm afraid.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo

Was the Wildcat really yellow at one time? Anyway, looking pretty good. I'm definitely liking the look of the little town you have going outside of the park.

Yes it really was yellow maybe not quite as bright but you work with what you have I quess. LOL
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo

I think it looks decent. Certainly too much pathing.

First, you have skill. But you have to decide where you will be applying that skill. Are you going to make a realistic park exactly as it appears (or appeared) in real life? Or are you going to make something from your imagination that would look better in RCT? If the former, then we cannot help you much, I'm afraid.

Its just a recreation the map scale is not good but since I did not build the layout. I just took what was there and tried to make it more real When the map was created I don't think Amradiostars knew about the custom rides and scerery that he could have used.
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    Would some one who has only RCT 2 be willing to try opening a park I want to submit. So I can check that there are no WW TT stuff still in there As I have only triple thrill pack. PM me thanks.
  • Corey%s's Photo
    As someone who currently lives in Youngstown, Ohio, and has done extensive studies into this once great park, this is a half-decent tribute. I like the midway, aside from that though...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading