Invitational / NE Invitational Update #1

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    March 23rd, Arlington, Virginia
    Today, Russian billionaire R. Ckovksy announced his plans to open a new theme park in Arlington, Virginia. Although not much information was revealed, this newspaper was able to unveil that the park was going to have 6 themed areas, including Athena and Venice.

Coaster Enthusiast reported B&M track heading towards the site. Mr. Ckovsky did not deny the rumors, but didn't confirm them either. There are also reports of a Premier Liquid Coaster.

The name of the park has not been released either. Currently, Mr. Ckovsky speaks of it as project Six-Eight.

I am keeping the story line secret until released so don’t expect any helpful details!

* The 6 major areas have been outlined and themes designated (and no, I not telling which ones I
    selected).
    * 8 Downloaded custom scenery files have been selected (more may come).
    * I am creating custom scenery for the park (you won’t find these anywhere else).
    * The entrance and surrounding area is looking good but is no where near complete.
    * 3 coasters have been designed to specifically fit with terrain and themed scenery.
    * Additional coasters/rides have yet to be designed.
    * Lots of work left to do but the ideas are coming quickly!

Much more work to do. Busy...Busy...Busy.

Well well well, I gotta tell you what I’m doing with this park.......... I started in RCT1, coz I haven’t gotten the grip on rct2 just yet, and with expansions rct2 is bound to change anyways. I’ve started the "dragon medieval graveyard". I still have to add a bit of graveyard, but the dragon and medieval are already there! I'll probably show a screen of it next time if that’s allowed. If not ill probably be planting one in my sig or something ;-) ... though that’d ruin the already ruined anonymous factor =P .. Back to the park. I’ve planned it out to the last detail as usual. Erm.. Yeah I got an unfinished woodie which I like in another corner! Then I’ve roughly made my areas with red Martian land. Interesting, eh? So yeah. Total freestyle all the way. On a side note, the only real reason you’re not scared, is either a) I haven’t shown you a screen or B) I’m fucking anonymous. Anyways, my park rules!

Today ******** Have released some information about a new park that is being constructed in this great world of ours. The name and the location of the park have not been released so coaster fans are on the lookout to see if there is construction going on in their hometown.
    The Information that has been released is:
    Construction has been progressing on the park a steady speed. The Entrance plaza is half way through construction and has a lovely welcoming theme. So far it features an outdoor restaurant and so very nice souvenir shops so you can take back gifts for all the family.
    At the back of the park Construction has began on the first themed area, which has been said it is a dark themed area. There is one coaster in this area that will really excite the thrill seekers. No information has been said about this coaster so fans are hunting down this park fast. Theming has been going great in this area and gives off a great atmosphere.

A unique experience that brings together all your favorite parks into a collaborative whole, the latest park to come from creative dunce, [anonymous], is a one-off amalgamation of everything that is good in the theme park world.

Construction is complete on the Entrance, and the first area will be started very shortly. In direct competition with one of the other entries, this park promises to be better on all counts!

So officially building but that’s all I wanna say.

Okay, this is my verbal update. I started.

We at Universal are pleased to announce a new themed area for Universal's Ports of Call. This new section will take theme parks (RCT theming) to an entire new level, and using a never before sought after idea. The new theming section will feature an arsenal of extreme sports themed rides, including one new prototype (Sort of). New installations of a "Skate Coaster" seen in MXR have also been rumored. Projecct SPEED is still on deck to be built, but the location of the ride will remain unnanounced. Anyway, here we go...

Whoovile
    Enter the whimsical world of Doctor Suess in this new age themed area. Not that this area is in no way a copy of IOA's Suess Landing. This area is themed to the immensely popular "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" storyline. Enter Whoovile, with the giant Christmas tree in the center of the town. Once you are in this fantasy land, you won't be able to leave! There is one twist, two twist, three twists, four twists to this new area. The "Whoovilians" seem to like Xtreme sports, so guess what? Yup, an arsenal of Xtreme sports rides will be added to this incredible area. Look for announcements soon.

One other Announcement regards a new "Futuristic Roller Coaster Ride" of some sort I mentioned in the pervious update. Well here is the official announcement.

Magik Carpet Rides
    This is the most technologically advanced thrill machine on the planet. Yet another one-of-a-kind and first-of-its-kind ride, this will take rollercoasters into the future. Sit down on the carpets, and blast of in complete floatation in this magneticly powered thrill ride. Coaster Cars (Carpets) literally FLY over the landscape, with no coaster track whatsoever. Perform amazing manuevers, including a zero-g roll over a pathway, soaring over parts of the lake, and flying in complete tandem all over the place. This ride features two inversions, and has a top speed of 55 mph. Are you ready to experience the first TRUE flying roller coaster on the planet? Coming to Universal's Ports of Call in 2003.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    how many people signed up for this thing and all we have now is about 8 people taking part.

you boring lot.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    whoop-ti-doo
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Well, it makes for closer competition!

Go everyone! I hope some really good parks come out of this.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Hmmm...make it 9
    Because "someone" sent me this to send to Cork, but I didnt get around to it. My bad.

Here, update::

Construction crews began work on a new themepark two weeks ago on a peninsula in the south of France. When asked why his design firm had chosen to build a themepark in France the CEO stated "Well firstly it just sounds cool to say we're building in the south of France. But more seriously, the European market is less saturated than the American market and the climate and geography suited our purposes. Spain dominates the themepark market with Universal's Port Aventura, Warner Bros. Movie World, and the new Walt Disney Escape under construction and we felt we could offer guests a unique experience not offered by these corporate parks." After much earth moving the basic geography for the map is set. Six themed areas are arranged around a large man-made mountain range which occupies the center of the map. Construction crews are focusing in the Northeastern corner of the map right now in a rocky area along the coast. The concept art for this section all bears the title 'Greek Coastline' but this may just be a working title. Access to information about the park is extremely limited but concept art for three of the six areas was on display in the corporate offices with the other three sections still under intensive planning. One of these themed sections appears to be mostly water with a collection of islands spread throughout so it will be interesting to see how that developes. No coaster track has arrived yet but each of the themed sections is large enough to hold a major attraction of some kind. All of the conceptual art is labled 'Millennium Fair' which is presumably the name of the park though no oficial title has been given yet. The park designers are wary about giving away any secrets to rival firms but I was able to obtain this statement from the CEO:

"We're confident that our park will be a major draw when we open the gates in July. The conceptual plans rival any of the world's top theme parks and we've come up with some new takes on traditional themes. 'Think Different' is our philosophy and the ideas we have so far definately live up to that mindset. Themepark fans everywhere have something big to look forward to."

He didn't really say anything too informative but he's obviously enthusiastic about this park and hopefully that enthusiasm will carry through to the design and construction. More information will be revealed as it is made available, that's all for now.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Haha.. "someone" right. :p

Anyway, Europe actually has a bunch of really really nice parks. Robb Alvey's European Coaster Tour 2002 told me so.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I didn't know we were supposed to write something cool like that, but I suppose I'm too lazy anyway. I also started the "Dragon Midevil Graveyard." and have planned out the rest.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading