(Archive) Advertising District / PT2

• Liampie%s's Photo
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2j28dqa.jpg

This is all you will get for a while.

edit: Heavily under construction

edit2: Saw artist online today and that was the final push I needed to get this nostalgic thing going. I see he's online again. This is for you, baby.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    sweet.
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    That blue is way too dark. Nice placement of that loop.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    if you keep showing me this picture i will stop thinking its special....

FK
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Too much rock for my liking. I also think you can do much better with the architecture, even on the PT2 bench.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    that progressed quickly. I agree with Louis about the PT2 bench possibilities though.
    Aside of that I like the feel of it.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Pretty cool. Interested to see what it becomes
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Reminds me of that unfinished PT2 entry by WME. That's a really good thing.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Too much rock for my liking. I also think you can do much better with the architecture, even on the PT2 bench.

Rock will be less when foliage has been added. :) I don't know what you mean regarding the architecture. When I look at the PT2 parks they're technically not more advanced than this screen, except for maybe DisneyAir... If I wanted to build accurate and perfected theming I wouldn't use the PT2 bench. I'm trying to go back in time and you know that, so I don't know what you mean.

Reminds me of that unfinished PT2 entry by WME. That's a really good thing.

Thanks, but I don't know the park you refer to... I believe it isn't in the database either. Do you have the file? :)
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    hopefully you'll take my advice about that path and shit
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I don't have the park file any more... I wonder if anyone else saw the park? Had this awesome Chinese area, all yellows and greens with a yellow B&M, a really earthy entrance area, very natural, and the start of an Arabian area that looked pretty awesome..
  • posix%s's Photo
    WME ran through my mind too when I saw this. It's the combo of rocks, strong track colour and "vertical chaos" landscaping.

Liam, the amount of his unfinished projects was perverse. There'd potentially be loads to choose from if you can reach him.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    I think I still have that unfinished WME park somewhere. Probably the most inspiring RCT thing i've ever seen.
    EDIT: uploaded to the database.

And to comment on your screen, Liam: I like it. However it is a bit too unfinished to really say something about it. Kind of reminds me of my own stuff.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

hopefully you'll take my advice about that path and shit

That path and shit is much better now. You'll like it.

Liam, the amount of his unfinished projects was perverse. There'd potentially be loads to choose from if you can reach him.

Well that's a project for another time. Gotta sort the current releases and then the parkmaker pages first. :lol:

EDIT: uploaded to the database.

Nice, thanks!

I think I still have that unfinished WME park somewhere. Probably the most inspiring RCT thing i've ever seen.

Turtle was right, it's awesome. I wouldn't call it the most inspiring RCT thing ever or even close to that, but I can see how it influenced you. I never linked you and WME but now it's obvious to me.

----------

I'm making a lot of progress on this. This is the most fun I've had in RCT2 in a while. It took me a bit of practice, but I got the 2005 look down now I think. You'll see in coming updates. I plan to show only large and finished screens from now so I can't tell when the next update will be, but I ensure you that you will see more of this.

Any name suggestions? As of now this is called Blue Crescent Resort but that's obviously a stupid random name I scraped together in literally seconds. Blue because it's blue, crescent because I like that word and resort because it sounds 2005. I just want a silly but awesome sounding name like Islands of Enchantment, Ports of Magia, Bays of Tropica, Raindrop Riviera, Ports of Discovery, Giari Palms Theme Park or Tropico Horizons/Cove/whatever.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    alright liam good man, getting that shit done

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading