(Archive) Advertising District / ][dvertising District

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Juuust a little too much hacking in my opinion (the trees for sure), but otherwise it's very nice. The colors in the second screen work very well together, but not so much in the first screen.

If there were other ways to get trees overhanging the path and in the color I'm looking for I would consider them, but I'm pretty happy with how close the custom palms come to what I pictured.

it looks like the second screen has kinda been split or is it? i honestly cant tell

Nope, just a coincidence of land edges lining up.

I don't like the first screen, ][-chaos again. Second screen is surprisingly clean and therefore easily my favourite screen in this thread so far. Love the path awning and the use of pizza stalls is great. The building on the far left could use some work though, jungle fence overload. Lastly, the billboard is awesome.

Keep it up!

I'd like to apologize for inadvertently stealing your EE entrance monorail thing almost verbatim :|
  • tyandor%s's Photo

it looks like the second screen has kinda been split or is it? i honestly cant tell

So I wasn't the only one that noticed that xD
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I was about to post that same thing haha. I think it adds another element of uniqueness to the area. Love both, especially the custom trees and vibrancy of everything.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Double post, sorry.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Good stuff.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Sexy
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Well in that case, great screens!
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    It's funny, the things people are complaining about are probably some of my favorite things about this. I love those hacked trees, and actually like the first screen better than the second.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I think the first suffers a bit because it's an [unnecessary] overload of colors, yet that's what makes the second work so well. The second screen has a great mix of colors and textures, while the first seems forced.

While I love the idea of the monorail/bridge, why are you adding colors where there's no need. Why is the track gray and yellow? Why does the bridge have yellow columns but green arches?
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    I think these screens are awesome. I love the vibrant colours that really make the screens pop. The architecture like usual is great and I don't think it's messy or cluttered. It's perfect. It makes me really excited for LL and I'm starting to see new angles of ways to build in LL that I feel I haven't explored and makes me want to play again. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the bright yellow monorail in the background of the first screen because I don't like using trackitecture near an actual attraction that uses the same track type/style because they can easily blend together and trackitecture can easily be mistaken for an attraction. I'd love to see some of the coaster layouts so that we can see the park is going to deliver. I'm excited for this right now.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Love both these screens. The custom trees in the second screen are some of the best i've ever seen. So clean. And the pizza rooves work so so well.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    im actually really loving where you're going with that, its not over-the-top on colors and textures and it really feels like 'asia' to me immediately, very much reminding me of red river delta/ adventureland sort of atmosphere. great work!
  • posix%s's Photo
    I think the billboard is the most fantastic thing in those screens. Great job. pierrot-like clean.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I didn't even catch the billboard, brilliant!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    another map update:

Posted Image

Obviously most progress is on Map 1.
    I thought you guys might enjoy seeing the progress creep outwards across the park.

Edit: Today I've added a new coaster to the lineup.

The area at the top-center of Map 1 had played host to a custom Mack Bobsled from 1989 until 2000, when it was closed for maintenance. The bobsled remained closed until it was torn down in 2002 to make way for a compact new twist on a coaster innovation first seen 4 years before.

(I had originally built a bobsled , realized bobsleds are terrible in RCT, gave up, and tried multiple different options - dark ride, nature trail, boat rental- before settling on what's there as of today.)
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Is this some kind of multiplayer RCT? It looks like there are 20 people building all over the park simultaneously! It's really good to see such a large LL park progress so fast.

edit: The bobsled actually looks interesting.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Well I'm building on it..... dunno about the other 18,
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    because RMM is bored...
    I figured why not overload you with info on my project!

Estrella - There were other coasters before it, but this patchy white PTC woodie has been serving visitors since 1974 and is the oldest original coaster on the property. The park's emblematic curled awnings appear over the queue as it climbs above the boardwalk midway.

Posted Image

Hopefully this doesn't give away too much, but...

Jaguar - Gentlemen, this is how you build a set piece. :bandit:/>/>/>/>

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grand Boulevard (blue)
    Mayan Ruins (olive)
    Rancho Hernando (magenta)
    Vermillion Boardwalk (teal)
    ????? (yellow)
    Barrio Hueso + Guava Factory(green)
    Ciudad Colonial (orange)
    ????? (purple)

"Gateway Station" monorail hub and main parking (pink)

my 19 partners and I have been hard at work.

6 of 6 coasters now in place on Map 1, codename CPLD.
    6 of ?? coasters now in place on Map 2, codename SVKY.
    2 of ?? coasters now in place on Map 3, codename HNSN.
    1 of ?? coasters now in place on Map 4, codename DZBY.

Posted Image

However, my progress is (as usual) evenly spread over the whole map, so finding nice chunks for screens is difficult. I'm also trying to avoid screens taken from the best angles, so that there will still be plenty to see in-game. It may seem counter-intuitive, but so far these screens have also been two things that are relatively rare nowadays: big and almost entirely finished. The boxes marked 1 and 2 on the .gif above show the rough areas covered by screens 1 and 2; if I keep showing screens this size there won't be too much left to discover.

I've settled, I think, on The Vermillion Resort for the project title. The backstory has been something I've played with a bit. For now, let's just say that Map 1, is the first part of the property to have been developed; formerly an orchard and horse ranch, then an entertainment boardwalk, it spread gradually outward over the years and has a haphazard layout as a result. Map 2 was planned from the ground up, with a well-developed circular path flow.

The owner of the Vermillion properties is the original ranch owner; the man so fabulously wealthy he has his own private island - Hernando.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    I like this a lot. Really looking forward to it. I like the queue and the colors and the custom trees and station and the awning. I think that covers it. Awning, covers it, teehee.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    edit- moved second screen to earlier post to avoid confusion.

Thanks for the support, manual!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading