Fiesta! / The Wizard of Oztralia

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    I don't have a whole lot to show... I haven't been doing much rct lately :(

anyway, to begin:
    Posted Image
    this is a sort of fantasy new orleans/venician canals experiment. I've tried to do new orleans architecture a million times and I can never get it right. There is some amazing quality to the french quarter that I just struggle to capture.

Posted Image
    this is part of the nepal area at disneyearth (which I haven't worked on in months). frankly, I don't think there is a spot of this park that I haven't shown off in screens :p

Posted Image
    finally, screw whatever rules kumba placed on his contest (and I can't be bothered reading). here is a screen from my 7x7 park which is pretty much like a luna park/coney island but elevated on a tower. it needs a lot more work but this is the ground level entry and the beginning of the platform/park/whatever. it goes pretty vertical.

so yeah, thats it. I tried to find some LL that I hadn't shown off yet, but I don't think there is any.

happy fiesting!
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    wow, that's some quality rct
    Love the first screen
    #archyflow
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    #Postflow

BTW Cocoa, love love lover your work, you are the kind of color.
    In #1-Love the archy, dislike the roadlines. Don't fit IMO.
    #2 is fantastic. What I wanted Qomolangma to be.
    #3 looks cray.

Overall you are one of my favorite builders currently, can't wait to see whats next!
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Wow man, it's like a big, burly man named atmosphere just repeatedly slapped me half an inch of my life. However, i do agree about the roadlines being messy detailing.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I Love the first screen cocoa, the second however feels too umm 'straight?' idk it just all seems to jut out the same, where as in before you have different shapes and angles so that it gives more variety. The third, there is just too much there for my eyes to concentrate on.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I disagree. Second screen is almost flawless.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    COCOA HAVE MY BABIES!!

That first screen is oozing of beautiful atmosphere! A would say your details are a bit sloppy here and there, but everything is just SOO gloriously atmospheric! NOW BUILD SOME COASTERS!!

FK
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Those curved road lines in screen #1 bug the hell out of me.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    I love the road lines. What bothers me is that you don't have the quarter tile diagonal flat roof piece to fill it in properly.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^I have the triangular piece but it glitches with the road lines :/
    I really liked the way it curved but it does make a lot of problems with the detailing.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Well I say keep it as is then.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    so good man soooo soooo good.
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    Regardless of fitting in properly/glitching, I really like the thinness of those white balcony sections. They give it a frailty that defines it as being an addition to the building which is much bulkier. Liking the 2nd screen too, particularly the bridge and its decorations. The third screen, as has been mentioned, is a bit too busy for me – but I guess there’s no choice with the micros sometimes :)
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    simply amazing cocoa, especially that red french building in the first screen is <3 <3 <3
  • tyandor%s's Photo

this is a sort of fantasy new orleans/venician canals experiment. I've tried to do new orleans architecture a million times and I can never get it right. There is some amazing quality to the french quarter that I just struggle to capture.

Don't loose yourself doing so. This screen shows that you can find great stuff even if you were trying to create something else. What you made here works. Then just embrace it and let it guide you.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    I really hoped you were building oz.

Doesn't matter though, any work by you is incredible!
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Your use of colors is exceptional, especially the second screen is just perfect.
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    This is amazing stuff. Love it.
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    The New Orleans architecture is perfect. I think you've really hit it there. Great colours.

The other two screens are really nice as well and have some good architecture in them.
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Great archy

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading