Fiesta! / PT2

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Attached File  pt2.jpg (601.6KB)
    downloads: 275
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    OLD SCHOOL

Interested to hear more for sure...
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    This is far better than your previous screens. Hopefully you'll finish it.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    yummy
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Magical.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Usually im not as big a fan of old styled nostolgic stuff...but i love this. It looks so PT2 fun and wonderful!

LONG LIVE HK!

FK
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    the one thing I don't like about old school is that its definition of a theme is often just 'choose a color and a particular type of detailing'. In this case that would be blue with brown rooves and wooden trims. Why not define a particular theme? Am I looking at Hawaiian or polynesian? greek? spanish?

disregarding that though, the screen is really great. very classy. I just want to know what it is meant to be.
  • Chocotopian%s's Photo
    I like the way the buildings and path lean over the edge of the cliff. At the moment, I'm not sure if the blue is too contrasting for me. It's obviously a refreshing bit of colour to accompany the browns, but I'm wondering if it would fit in slightly better if it were a little more covered (with wooden crossbeams etc.)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    This is really inspiring. I want to build like this.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Its got a theme, tropical-type jungle-type theme with blue walls and brown roofs. This brings me back Liam, it looks great.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Sorta reminds me of Artist with a little Liampie-tang to it, if ya know what I mean?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    More people should use that trick with the waterfall again. It looks really cool.

Great screen, Liam, as always!
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Beautiful. Far better than the other PT2 screen you showed a while back. I love the building at the top of screen.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Thanks guys!

the one thing I don't like about old school is that its definition of a theme is often just 'choose a color and a particular type of detailing'. In this case that would be blue with brown rooves and wooden trims. Why not define a particular theme? Am I looking at Hawaiian or polynesian? greek? spanish?

Not denying that there's no theme. :p I just want to build something pretty here.

Sorta reminds me of Artist with a little Liampie-tang to it, if ya know what I mean?

That's what I'm going for. I've been wanting to imitate artist since I first saw Islands of Enchantments many years ago. This is the first time it's actually not turning out shit, I think. :)
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

disregarding that though, the screen is really great. very classy. I just want to know what it is meant to be.

That's actually what I love about old school parks. Why does there need to be a theme? That feels so limiting. Building fantasy parks shouldn't be limited to coherent themes and architectures... why constraint creativity? It doesn't have to be based on real-life architecture and ideas, which is why I find fantasy parks so much more entertaining and interesting: it has the potential to be based completely off the imagination and the creativity of the builder.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    Liam, though I haven't commented on it yet, I think this project is fantastic.

It appeals to my personal familiarity with RCT, as I started looking at NE in 05 just after Bijou, and after Isole I joined. That era of parkmaking just strikes such a chord with my aesthetic taste, and you're nailing it here.

The atmosphere is magically immersive. All of the objects are intended to fill the aesthetic, there's nothing there just for the "sake of realism". That's the magic of this era, the magic that inspired me to join this site.

PT2 FTW.

Liam FTW.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading