General Chat / MLB 2013 Season

• Wanted%s's Photo
    Anyone else excited for this season!? I'm so pumped to see how this season plays out. Will the Astros be the worst team of all time? Will Mike Trout continue his reign of terror? Only time will tell!

My predictions:
    AL West - Angels
    AL Central - Tigers
    AL East - Blue Jays
    AL Wildcards - Indians & Devil Rays

NL West - Giants
    NL Central - Reds
    NL East - Nationals
    NL Wildcards - Dodgers & Brewers

World Series - Angels over Nationals 4-3

AL MVP - Mike Trout
    NL MVP - Joey Votto

AL HR Champ - Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, & Miguel Cabrera all hit 47 HRs
    NL HR Champ - Matt Kemp 39 HRs

AL CY Young - Justin Verlander
    NL CY Young - Clayton Kershaw

Also I'd love to participate in a fantasy baseball season with you guys if we can get 8+ people.

How about that opening game, Astros winning 8-2 vs the Rangers.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    RANGERS SUCK
  • MorganFan%s's Photo

RANGERS SUCK

FUCK YOU

I may live in Aspen now but I hold fast to my boys.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I meant to put Indians not Rangers btw :p
    I hate all Texas teams :)
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    Now I don't typically post anything around here that often, but I gotta give my 2 cents about this upcoming season. I'm a (Devil) Rays fan as well as a Tigers fan, and I ahve to say that this season will be very interesting. My predictions:

AL EAST - Tampa Bay Rays
    AL CENTRAL - Detroit Tigers
    AL WEST - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
    AL WILDCARDS - Toronto Blue Jays, Oakland Athletics

NL EAST - Washington Nationals
    NL CENTRAL - Cincinnati Reds
    NL WEST - Los Angeles Dodgers
    NL WILDCARDS - San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals

WORLD SERIES - Tigers over Nationals, 4-2

AL MVP- Evan Longoria (Completely biased, I don't care)
    AL CY YOUNG- Felix Hernandez
    NL MVP- Joey Votto (If he can stay healthy)
    NL CY YOUNG- Matt Cain

I'm really looking forward to this season. The AL East just seems so intriguing. Every single team has the ability to win the division, but pitching wins games. The Rays have pitching. Well, that's all I got.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    My cousin's beard will keep the Sox on top this year.

http://blogs.thescor...ller-is-a-hero/
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Really pumped for this season! It's gonna be the best!
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    No Yankees anywhere? I understand we're old, injured, and in a really competitive league, but it's still a solid team that may do well after June (not good enough to win a 28th World Series though).

predictions:
    AL West - Angels
    AL Central - Tigers
    AL East - Blue Jays
    AL Wildcards - Rays & Yankees

NL West - Giants
    NL Central - Reds
    NL East - Nationals
    NL Wildcards - Dodgers & Diamondbacks

World Series - Angels over Diamonbacks 4-1

AL MVP - Robinson Cano
    NL MVP - Ryan Braun
    AL CY Young - Justin Verlander
    NL CY Young - Clayton Kershaw

But yeah, this will be an awesome season.
  • Twiggy%s's Photo

No Yankees anywhere? I understand we're old, injured, and in a really competitive league, but it's still a solid team that may do well after June (not good enough to win a 28th World Series though).

I personally don't believe that the Yankees will be able to perform well because of the amount of injuries that they have (and most likely will have) sustained throughout the season. A-Rod can't perform up to expectations. The whole starting lineup lacks any youth or vigor. I understand that with these disadvantages they'll still most likely find some way to push out 80+ wins, but, imo, their playoff chances are bleak. A wildcard is possible for them, and it would be interesting to see how they would in the postseason. Hope I sound like prick, but that's just what happens when you're a Rays, and at every single home game there are more Yankees fans than Rays fans. Hopefully that'll turn around in years to come. Best of luck to them in this season.
  • Wanted%s's Photo

No Yankees anywhere?

Nah, the time of the Red Sox & Yankees has come to an end. That epic rivalry is slowly being passed to the Dodgers v Giants. And I'm right in the middle of it all, mothafuckas!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Oh crap, this is Baseball. I figured it out!
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    The Dodgers and Giants always have had a great rivalry, but I do agree that that is the best rivalry in MLB. Believe me, I know the Yanks won't do too well this year. But come June, when Granderson, Tex, and Jeter are all back plus the additions this year of Youkilis and Gardner (the latter not being injured for the whole season) and the existing presence of Cano, CC, and Ichiro, they'll be a good team. Whether they can make up the ground they'll lose in these first months is a good question.
  • Twiggy%s's Photo
    How about that! Near perfect for Yu Darvish on second game of the season for the Rangers. What a performance by him. Despite me highly despising the Rangers, I was REALLY rooting for him. At least he was a good sport about it, I can't even begin to imagine that amount of disappointment. Congrats to him on a beautifully pitched game at least. A one-hitter is still excellent. Wow! :mantis:
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    He's on my fantasy team :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • Twiggy%s's Photo

He's on my fantasy team :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

All I gotta say is that you're one lucky son of a gun. But I've got Madison Bumgarner and Jeff Samardzija racking up the points for me. :bandit:
  • Wanted%s's Photo

All I gotta say is that you're one lucky son of a gun. But I've got Madison Bumgarner and Jeff Samardzija racking up the points for me. :bandit:/>

Have Bumgarner as well :)
  • Twiggy%s's Photo

Have Bumgarner as well :)/>

How many did Yu put up in your league? In my league he put up 44.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    All I have is Kershaw, Weaver, Dickey, Scherzer, CC...
  • csw%s's Photo
    Hopefully Rangers can get it done, 3rd time's the charm in the World Series eh? Especially since Yu Darvish is going to win Cy Young.
  • Wanted%s's Photo

All I have is Kershaw, Weaver, Dickey, Scherzer, CC...

How could you possibly have Kershaw, Weaver, and CC on one fantasy team?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading