(Archive) Advertising District / New to RCT - New to the Board

• MarcNY%s's Photo
    Hey everyone,

I just thought Id introduce myself as I am a new member to the nedesigns club :nod:/>

I just got Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 about a week ago from a friend (he got me the Triple Thrill Pack for a tenner). Its pretty ace so far and a lot more fun than RCT 3 even at its best. Right away I found these Add-On packs for additional scenery online and was blown away by the sheer volume of stuff people added to the base game. Pretty amazing I have to say.

I just thought Id drop some screens of my early designs (remember, only been playing a good week and before that I only had RCT 3 and RCT 1 back in like '99) Id appreciate any feedback you got.

Attached Image: NSK1.jpg

Attached Image: NSK2.jpg

Attached Image: NSK3.jpg

I got pretty interested in hacking already and Im sure gonna try a few things out in the future. Got inspired by all the stuff I see on here. Some people are pure genius at this game! WOW!

Got a few newbie questions tho for the pros:

When you build a park, how do you do it? Do you use the custom scenario maker? If so, how do you determine what objects you will be using on the long run? When I build a park in the scenario maker I always notice that I forgot to add a certain wall or roof or whatever to the scenery list. Is there a way around that? Is there a hack so I can change the inventory after I started to build?

What map size do you usually work with? I started with 250x250 and pretty fast ran out of things to build. I know Im new but it still seems like such a huge ammount of land.

I wanna build a mine train with two lift hills, but the hills should be "one hill". Hard to explain. The two lifts should share one lift hill structure. Is that possible with 8cars? I dont wanna merge, just overlay the two lifts into one.

Thank you so much for your help and feedback!

Really appreciate it!

Marc
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    a warm welcome marc!

your screens look great already, i'm sure after a while you'll be an excellent builder!

keep up the good work!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Hello Marc from NY who is also from Germany and Ohio!

Map sizes are typically related to what and how much you want to build. Many people find it helpful to do some basic planning of how big a themed area will be, or what the path layout for a park will be.
  • MarcNY%s's Photo

Hello Marc from NY who is also from Germany and Ohio!

Map sizes are typically related to what and how much you want to build. Many people find it helpful to do some basic planning of how big a themed area will be, or what the path layout for a park will be.

Thanks for the advice! I suppose some planning wouldnt help. Cheers!

Live in Berlin, lived and studied in Ohio and worked in New York. I suppose that is kinda confusing. :eek:
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I have two German housemates, live in Ohio, and have worked in NY. You'll fit in just fine here.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    from Germany and Ohio?
    +1

Looks great! I'm wondering how much rct1 and rct3 youve played before because that entrance is so much better than what most newcomers would make. Great composition and I really like those two clocktowers.

Those are some short ass mine trains though. :D Why so short?

I never build with a map size above 140² and even than I've never finished a park. :D So I'd suggest not using a map that's too big.
    For the object selection you'll find various benches around the site that have all the best objects selected for you and you can just pick up from there.
    The mine train lift hill would probably have to be merged but if I was you I'd just do it like in the Six Flags Belgium RCT2 Scenario. Looks cool that way as well.

Have fun around the site!
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I find the best place to start is heading to the ask the experts topic in this forum. And make sure you check out the topic titled "Arjans Parkdat Tutorial" that should tell u how to replace objects in a park you've already started!

-Josh

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading