Theme Park Discussion / Theme Park Concept Art

• Austin55%s's Photo
    I love concept are. In most cases, it's more interesting than real life to me. I wanted to post some stuff and maybe other people can contribute and share stuff from there local parks or whatever.

Here's some unbuilt Disney stuff
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Love the Disney concept art. I have a book at home that talks about a lot of the different "E ticket" mountains that were built by Disney over the years. Some of the best, from what I remember, is the Thunder Mesa concept art (idea that served as precursor to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad) Although it was never built, the concept looks beautiful, and had a sort of a log flume intertwined with a mine ride weaving in and out of a mountain. Although we got Splash Mountain in its place, it would have been cool to have a log flume that interacts with what became BTMR.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I've just now been trying to find some of the concept art that they released before they built schlitterbahn in kansas city. unfortunately it seems like it's been pulled off their website, so I shot their media guy an email to see if he still had them. anyway, I managed to find three of them in other places. these concepts are not even remotely similar to anything which was actually built at schlitterbahn kc, which is a boring concrete wasteland :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading