(Archive) Advertising District / NCSO park - csw - in progress

• csw%s's Photo
    I am doing a fairly small NCSO park, here is a view of one of the coasters:

Posted Image

The park is far from finished, and once I do some more work I'll post more screens! Any suggestions?
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    I think you should drop the red rock landscape, fill it with grass. Also i think the hole in the path for the coaster tunnel is too big. But really nice screen, has a charm to it
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    I freaking love this. It's like a blast from the past with the charm of RoB and the like.
    I disagree with Matt, all this screen needs is bigger planters; just add some flowers/grass/foliage around those trees. Plus, you seem to know what you're doing.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    I disagree about the red rock, I really like it. And it seems like an awkward angle, but that lift hill/catwalk looks like it could be really cool. I'm intrigued.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Old school landscaping! Love it! Don't change the textures to be more realistic, what you have makes it more original.
  • gir%s's Photo
    The jagged rocks are no good (shapes, not texture), but dude, the composition is lovely. Really excited to see what you can do with this!
  • posix%s's Photo
    Looks good, yet perhaps a bit unorganised and loose? A clearer vision reflected by more determined design would be beneficial I think.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    There is just something about it... Can't really pinpoint it but yeah, Good work.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    i reckon its the random foliage that pulls the landscaping down. its scattered around randomly on random ground textures- rock,sand,martian, whatever, they all have trees on them. have some sort of contrast between bare and lush spaces maybe
  • csw%s's Photo
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, it really helps!

@Cocoa - I tried to keep certain shrubs to certain textures, such as cattails on brown dirt and the smallest bush on green. I really tried to make it more clumped and not as random, and to keep most plants off of the grey rock. So I did attempt to make it more 'diverse', I guess. Thank you for commenting on the foliage, though ;)/>/>

Here are a few shots of a small marketplace near the same coaster:
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Watch your foliage in the bottom of that last screen: very repetitive.
  • csw%s's Photo
    ^yeah, that was one of the first things I did and I've now realized that I want something else there. I was in love with those bushes when I began, but I've now realized that a wide variety of bushes and foliage works best. But I'd like to keep a primarily 'Western' theme/feel to the whole thing.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    ^^ Maybe different types of grass?

Looks nice btw. :)
  • csw%s's Photo
    Section next to the corkscrew coaster with a 'run-down castle' theme.

Posted Image

The park is nearing completion, I spent about 6 hours yesterday working on it and got a lot done :p/>/> (It's a pretty small plot of land, too. Start small)
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Very cool. Love what you did with the bridge over the roller coaster. I'm not really into the rollercoaster's colours though, especially the one on the right.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I don't really get the 'run-down' part, but it looks nice other wise.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    that go-kart+castle is so epic.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I love this. I suggest giving the surrounding buildings a clearer theme too. And some higher trees might add atmosphere as well.

Keep up the good work!
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I've always felt the big rides should stand out with brighter colors. Too much brown or grey will mute things a little too much.
  • csw%s's Photo
    @Maverix - It doesn't have to be run-down if you don't see it, I particularly meant the shrubs/bushes in the courtyard.

@Liam - I'm thinking of re-doing the middle building, but I like the other two. They are meant to be shops that the amusement park company built next to the old castle that the company tried to make "castle-ey" but didn't do that well.

@Maverick - The trains on the hyper on the right are brighter, but I guess you're right. Maybe a blue or purple, haven't used blue too much.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading