RCT Discussion / A site

• -YumZ%s's Photo
    Where's a site where you can get a whole bunch of beast tutorials for hacking coasters and what not?
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    heres the site where you can get the Beast trainer for RCT1 and the Son of the Beast trainer for RCT2

http://storm-cloud.e...rotto/beast.jsp
  • -YumZ%s's Photo
    Yes, but I'm looking for a site where they have beast trainer tutorials, other than make double wide paths and track merging (thats on beast site).
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Oh sorry. Ummmm I can't think of many sites with tutorials on. I know theres one tutorial on how to make Double loops on Iparks website but I need to find the address again and other than that I can't think of any. sorry.
  • RRP%s's Photo
    thats exactly what this section of the site is all about, tell us what u want exactly and we'll explain fully as possible or you could just AIM. Not to be cocky or anything but there is nothing i cant do with the beast whether it be custom flats,merging,working double wide paths,new elements or stuff like gravity coasters.I can do it.

Just ask.
  • -YumZ%s's Photo
    Aight, I'll ask you RRP. I would like to know how to use the hack used on the coaster Hades in the park Mythos, made by you actually.

To make the car ride or train travel on paths ( I can do it but it doesn't look like I've seen been done in parks).

I can't think up any more as of this time. But you could tell me whatever hacks you know.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo

Aight, I'll ask you RRP. I would like to know how to use the hack used on the coaster Hades in the park Mythos, made by you actually.

To make the car ride or train travel on paths ( I can do it but it doesn't  look like I've seen been done in parks).

I can't think up any more as of this time.  But you could tell me whatever hacks you know.

Ok, RRP never made a Mythos park. Sad to say, that load of crap is mine... but no Hades coaster. There was a hades coaster in Disney Dreams (again by me), which looked an awful lot like Mythos, and featured the Butterfly loop hack which I can explain if thats what you are asking for. To do that one:

1. Build a long straight stretch of track where the element will go, the front end should be continuing the layout with the end of the track where the loop will exit

2. What comes next is some guessing work, from the front build a large loop going either direction, then from the back build another large loop as close as possible and going in the same direction (I think there should be 8 squares inbetween the sloped piece leading into the loops)

3. Build two small loops comming off each of the loops

4. Now is where the beast is needed, because the track will not continue on past the small loops, zero all clearances and connect the two loops

5. Restore clearances and its done, pretty simple

I'm not 100% sure about the car on path thing, but I think its something like this:

1. Begin Special Build Mode

2. Build Path

3. Build Through with ride

4. End special build mode, if the first squares of this make the path look like a single tile: Zero clearances and build path over the ride, then restore clearances
  • -YumZ%s's Photo

Ok, RRP never made a Mythos park. Sad to say, that load of crap is mine... but no Hades coaster. There was a hades coaster in Disney Dreams (again by me), which looked an awful lot like Mythos, and featured the Butterfly loop hack which I can explain if thats what you are asking for. To do that one:

Yes. I know you made Mythos Pyro, but since the coaster Hades IS in Mythos, I would like to know how all this was made.. And since it says RRP I assumed he made it....

Posted Image

Oh, and thanks for telling me how to do that other stuff..
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Damn, I totally forgot I had an impulse in there, and that RRP bothered to build one for me... sorry about that.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Oh, impulses are incredibly easy. All you need is some basic track merging skills.

1. Place the two spikes and build the entire impulse except for the s-bendy section there where the train switches off. Ex (the launch direction is towards the right):

O_____________====station==-->_________________O

_=track
          \=s-bendy thing
         O=spike

2. Place the first s-bend, the s-bend track (where it switches off), but keep the back spike where it is.

3. Zero all clearances.

4. Make the track coming out of the station build over the first s-bend. And, build back the track

5. Build the last s-bend over the track on the back spike.

Do this in the order described and it should work. If it doesn't, contact me, RRP, or someone else who can build an RCT1 impulse. Once you master the steps, take away or add sections of track to achieve the desired length of track between spikes.

BTW, I'm pretty sure on how to do it without the s-bend section, but I've never actually tried.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • -YumZ%s's Photo
    It's OK, Pyro. Thanks aero.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    Anytime.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • RRP%s's Photo
    ok well you guys beat me too it thnx, as for the ride ofn path coaster or gravity coaster as its also known.

You can merge right?

build an inverted style station and a few pieces of track and merge it with a verted style track (sitdowns) then change the invert station to ANY sit down car and it will run TWO spaces above the norm (or is it 3, something like that)

You can also do the same thing for 1 space above by using a river rapids station instead of an invert and do exactly the same.

It is possible to do exactly the opposite also by using a sit down station merged with a invert track and thats how you get track jumps etc.
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Now that we are on the topic of the best anyway:

Does the SOB trainer has a option to own all land? If yes, does that mean I can get rid of that annoying border ring?

I haven't had the chance to download it, that's why I'm asking.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    You know you don't have to use the S-Bends on the Impulse coasters anymore. It's a little more complicated to merge through the station but it looks so much better that it's worth it. I'll try to explain it as best I can but I don't really have a specific procedure, sometimes I just have to experiment a little until I can get it to work. This is basically how it's done:

1] Start a coaster and build the front straightaway and vertical spike.

2]Turn on special build mode in the Beast trainer.

3]Start a new coaster and build a station and the rear spike directly after the front section (make sure the construction arrow is pointing in the same direction).

4]Use the build through option on the Beast trainer and select the first coaster (you don't have to do it fast cause you don't want to merge yet). Build the track all the way through the station.

5]Select the first tile of the station and merge it into the front spike.

6]Select the last peice of track on the first coaster (make sure you don't select the station track) and merge it into the rear spike.

7]Now select the rear vertical spike and scroll forward through the pieces until it dead ends. Add pieces until it highlights the last station building piece. When it does this, you're done. This is the tricky part because sometimes the track will want to merge with the first coaster track and send the train through another cycle. If it does that, just delete the piece where it merged and try it again.

8]Restore clearances and end special build mode.

Essentially the S-Bend piece which bypasses the station on the way back is still there but now it's a straight stretch of track and it's hidden under the station itself. It can be a little frustrating making it work but seeing the train fly through the station and then come back and stop is one of the greatest moments in the history of the Beast trainer.
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    Cool!

Gotta try that!

As soon as I Download Beast again.
    My Harddrive was wiped and I lost everything and now I can't get Beast again.

Does anyone know of a site where I can get it?
    (Other than Coaster Grotto because it doesn't want to load on my SLOW connection.)

Please?

I'm desperate.

Must have Beast.

AAAAAArrrrrggggghhhhhh!
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

Does the SOB trainer has a option to own all land? If yes, does that mean I can get rid of that annoying border ring?

No, it does not, but, if you go to the Station, go into General RCT2 discussion, there should be a pinned topic. On the first post of the topic (called "RCT2 Trainers, Utilities, & Downloads") there should be a link to a trainer called the "8 Cars Per Trainer". This trainer does have an own all land funtion (for RCT2) and I believe a remove border function. Fiddle around using the functions in different orders, and eventually (I forget which order to do it in) you will have all land owned other than the map entrance, including the border, and the park fence bordering the entrance path will be removed.

Hope that helped.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • RRP%s's Photo
    SoB has the 'own all land' option

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading