General Chat / School Project

• SFMMXtreme%s's Photo
    Ok for my Desktop Publishing class, I have to make a survey and make a graph for it. I really need your help because people at my school know nothing about rollercoasters. Here are the questions you need to answer. I know the first two are against the TOS but I really need this so I can get a good grade. You can even make up a name if you like. My teacher doesnt know you guys and girls anyway.

Here are your choices:
    Arrow, B&M, Schwarzkoph, Vekoma, Intamin, CCI, Other

Name?
    Age?
    Favourite rollercoaster manufacturer?
    Why?(signifigant reasons for selection)

thank you very much for answering.

IF YOU ALREADY REPLIED TO MY TOPIC AT THE RCT STATION, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS ONE. THANK YOU
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Name: Eggy Bean
    Favourite rollercoaster manufacturer: B&M
    Why: Because they are as smooth as wet beaver.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Name- Catfish Johnson (oh...... did you need a realistic name? :lol:)
    Age- 14
    Fav. Coaster Manufacturer- The allmighty Beemers of course.
    Why- They are smoother than a wet beaver Nick, they are as smooth as gently flowing water in a quiet, lily-ridden stream that flows over the majestic coat of a newborn Platypus. Even amidst their great caressness and beauty, the true radical mind throbing nature of them is evident as well. Beemers are my heart and soul. They are my one, my only, my true legacy in life............................

OMG, I have completely lost it. Quick, someone kill me.

BTW, if you wanted to take a little "shortcut" in this project, just make up a graph. Thats what I would do. Always strive to do as little work as possible is what I always say...................
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Name: Wolf Blitzer
    Age- 15
    Fav Coater Manufacturer- Arrow
    Why- Go ride X it is the most amazing thing in the world. Simple as that.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    name: chris walker
    company: intamn
    reason: the force is a powerful ally....
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Name- BioHaZard :p
    Age- 14
    Fave Company- Intamin
    Why?- Because they make AMAZING designs. They aren't afraid to break records (cough-B&M-cough), and they have build some of the greatest coasters on Earth...see-Millennium Force, Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE), Expedition Ge-Force, Xcelerator...and soon to be Top Thrill Dragster and Thunder Dolphin (although TD is a fucked up name). And last but not least they're original. B&M limits themselves to Sitdown,invert,hyper,floorless,flyer, and formerly stand-ups. Arrow has Sitdown, 4D, Mine Train. Intamin has Kiddie, Sitdown loopers, inverts, impulses, junior hypers, mine trains, gigas, stratas. Point Proven.

-=BiO=-
    (who is a HUGE coaster freak...moreso than RCT)
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I find it fucked that BioHazard feels that Intamin are far more original than B&M, as Intamin have three styles of rollercoaster they build in most frequently:

Sitdown Hyper, Giga, Strata, whatever...

Sitdown Looper

Launched Sitdown

And a couple others they use a tad bit less frequently, like:

Launched Inverted

...and... um... whatever. They also made a few really shitty kiddy coasters and minetrains.

B&M have:

Sitdown Hyper

Sitdown Looper

Standup

Inverted

Floorless

Flying

...which they build in equal measure, really. So that's 5 for Intamin and 6 for B&M, thus making B&M more original, I guess.

Also, B&M aren't scared to break records, they just don't have any need to. The coasters they make are better in person than they are on paper, and that is a rare thing.

With all that said, however, my favorite designer is Schwarzkoph. Or however you spell it.

I've only been on one of his coasters, and it is probably his worst or at least one of them. But judging from that ride, and all of the photos, charts, statistics, etc, I've drooled over during my more actively coaster-freindly states (I'm not really much of a coaster guy right now...), he is the best.

But, he didn't really make many of his coasters. A lot of them (particularly his earliest and latest models) were made in whole, or in part by outside companies.

Really, he's more of a super-star (in the industry) coaster designer than a manufacturer.

Edit:

Oh, yeah...

Name: Robert Heinz
    Age: Fourteen (with about four months left in that ungodly state...)
    Fave Designer: Schwarzkopf, Schwarzkopf, Sianuinrurorenoinmt, or however you want to spell it.
    Why? Because he was fat and German.
  • BuddhaForRyan%s's Photo
    Intamin actually makes 14 kinds of coasters.
    Check them out here

Anyway,
    Name: Andrew Martin
    Fave: Arrow
    Why: Becuase they've come up with some of my fave prototype/first ever designs
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Ryan, I only counted nine. They may offer 14 different models, but there are many rides far too similar not to be the same. A more proper list (based on that one) would be:

[*]Mega

[*]Spiral

[*]Standup

[*]Suspended Looping Coaster

[*]'Twist and Turn'

[*]Reverse Freefall

[*]Wooden

[*]Looping

[*]Family

...and some of those only have one or two constructed, while a few more aren't being made any more. I'm pretty sure B&M has at least the same amount.
  • DragonInferno%s's Photo
    Name:Clark Kent
    Favorite:Schwarzkopf
    Why?: Cause Schwarzkopf has the coasters that are the most exciting and have the most g-forces. Besides, Midbender rules!

~Dragon :t2: ~
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Name: Peter O'Toole
    Favourite coaster manufacturer: Zamperla
    Why: Because they built the Windstorm at Old Town, which is unarguably the finest coaster on the earth.
  • fatkat61%s's Photo
    Name- Jason Wills
    Age-13
    Favorite Rollercoaster Manufacturer-Vekoma
    Why- Because they make 1 of 2 coasters in my hometown the corkscrew at playland it has 2 inversions it's a pretty nice ride.
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Name : Nic Taylor
    FCM : Zierer
    Reason : been pumping out kiddie rides like no ones business.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Name-DarkRideExpert ;)
    Age-Who cares? (Ok...15)
    F.C.M.-Intamin.
    Why?-Top Thril Dragster,anyone? :lol:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading