Pro Tour 4 / Pro Tour 4 Rules & Regulations

• Louis!%s's Photo

PT4-10.png

Pro Tour 4. When the elite battle, who will come out on top?

RULES & REGULATIONS

resultset_next.pngWhat is Pro Tour?

Pro Tour is an individual contest featuring the top players currently at New Element. It consists of a final round, where elite members of NE gain automatic qualification; and prelims, where their fellow members compete to join them. The prelims consist of various tasks and can grant members access to the final round if they meet the set requirements. The final round has no set boundaries except a map size, workbench and deadline. The elite members battle alongside the qualifiers to win the Pro Tour title. The winning entry is the one that ranks the highest. The ProTour is all about exclusivity, it's a challenge for those at the top of their game to show what they can do and prove they are the best. Do you have what it takes?

-----------------------------

exclamation.pngPlease note that failure to follow any of the following rules will result in disqualification.

resultset_next.pngThe Elite

help.pngAutomatic qualification is given to members of the community having a considerable creator share in any accolade scoring 80% or higher. These members make up the Elite contingent of the contest. Pro Tour 4 is about the current best going up against each other, which is why we are using this system. Automatic qualification and/or participation in previous Pro Tours does not give automatic qualification to Pro Tour 4. Given that the elite automatically qualify for the final, they do not need to compete in the prelims, although they may do so if they wish. The Elite are also responsible for judging the prelims, they will recieve a PM on the matter shortly. These Elite members are:

bullet_orange.png5dave bullet_orange.pngAvanineCommuter bullet_orange.pngCedarpoint6 bullet_orange.pngdisneylhand bullet_orange.pngeyeamthu1 bullet_orange.pngFr3ak bullet_orange.pngJ K bullet_orange.pngjusmithbullet_orange.pngKumba bullet_orange.pngLiampiebullet_orange.pngLoopy bullet_orange.pngLouis! bullet_orange.pngMilo bullet_orange.pngPacificoaster bullet_orange.pngRCTNW bullet_orange.pngRobbie92 bullet_orange.pngRoomie bullet_orange.pngRRP bullet_orange.pngSix Frags bullet_orange.pngSteve bullet_orange.pngTurtle bullet_orange.pngXophe

resultset_next.pngThe Qualifiers

help.pngThe following members have qualified for the Pro Tour 4 Final either by achieving 80% or above in a prelim round, winning an accolade of 80% or above during the prelim rounds or by a wildcard entry. So far the Qualifiers are:

bullet_orange.pngCocoa bullet_orange.pngAirtime bullet_orange.pngnin bullet_orange.pngJan.K bullet_orange.pngFizzix bullet_orange.pngSey bullet_orange.pngSulakke bullet_orange.pngDimi bullet_orange.pngBelgianGuy

resultset_next.pngWildcard Entries

help.pngThese will be awarded to prelim entrants who have not reached the 80% mark, but have consistantly entered and have consistantly shown work of a high quality. These places will be decided by the Elite members after all prelims are over.

bullet_orange.pngMaverix bullet_orange.pngShotguns? bullet_orange.pngSSSammy bullet_orange.pngFisch

resultset_next.pngPro Tour 4 Prelims

help.pngThere will be 2 prelims every week in June. The deadlines are short as this year the prelims are different. Unlike before, they won't grant qualification if you win. Each entry is judged by the elite and must hit an average of 80% or above to gain qualification to the final round. The reason for the short deadlines is that we want to emphasise that we are looking for potential, your entry will be judged on quality, not quantity. The prelims are a showcase of talent, show us the quality you are capable of building to gain a qualification spot. Results from each prelim will be posted around 2 days after each deadline.

bullet_orange.pngBest Entrance - due 1st June @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

bullet_orange.pngBest Non-Track Attraction* - due 5th June @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

bullet_orange.pngBest Transport Station - due 8th June @ 23:59 [[UTC-11]

bullet_orange.pngBest Architecture - due 12th June @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

bullet_orange.pngBest Foliage & Landscaping - due 15th June @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

bullet_orange.pngBest Non-Coaster Track Attraction* - due 19th June @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

bullet_orange.pngBest Wooden Coaster - due 22nd June @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

bullet_orange.pngBest Steel Coaster - due 26th June @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

*Best Non-Track Attraction is any attraction that does not follow a track of any kind. Log Flumes, River Rapids and Vintage Car Rides are examples of tracked rides. Best Non-Coaster Attraction is any attraction that is not a roller coaster. So this is where said Log Flumes, River Rapids, Vintage Car Rides and other tracked rides belong.

bullet_orange.png(1) To gain qualification an average score of 80% or higher from the elite panel is needed.

bullet_orange.png(2) Your entry must meet the correct prelim criteria. In each category you will be judged on the criteria alone, you may wish to enhance this by additional surroundings, however keep the main criteria in mind.

bullet_orange.png(3) You may enter as many prelims as you wish, but remember this is a contest of quality, not quantity. However, only 1 entry per person, per prelim is allowed.

bullet_orange.png(4) There is no limit on how many people can qualify. If you hit the 80% mark, you will qualify regardless of where you finish in the prelim.

bullet_orange.png(5) Your entry MUST be anonymous. Whilst your style may give your work away, there MUST be no mention of who has built the entry. All entries must be never seen before work. This includes streaming or posting any screenshots of old, recycled, work or new work.

bullet_orange.png(6) Entries must be submitted to us by the respective deadline via our PM system.

resultset_next.pngWildcard Entry

help.pngThere are 3 wildcard places up for grabs. These will be awarded to prelim entrants who have not reached the 80% mark, but have consistantly entered and have consistantly shown work of a high quality. These places will be decided by the Elite members after all prelims are over.

bullet_orange.png(1) To be considered, a candidate must enter at least one round of the prelims.

bullet_orange.png(2) They must show a consistant quality and high level of talent to be considered for a spot.

bullet_orange.png(3) Wildcard places will be decided by the Elite members after the prelim rounds.

bullet_orange.png(4) There is a maximum of 3 places available, there is no minimum. If there is no one deemed acceptable of a wildcare place then no wildcard places will be given.

resultset_next.pngQualifying via Accolade

help.pngShould a non Elite member win an accolade of 80% or higher during the course of the prelims they will be awarded an automatic qualifying spot via a place in the Elite contingent. This is the only way, outside of the prelims, that qualification can be won by non Elite members.

bullet_orange.png(1) Accolade must be scored at 80% or higher to gain Elite membership.

bullet_orange.png(2) The accolade must be fully through the voting stage before the end of the last prelim, however the accolade does not necessarily have to be released.

bullet_orange.png(3) Should an accolade of 80% or higher be won by a non Elite member, they will be informed via PM of their automatic qualification spot.

resultset_next.pngPro Tour 4 Final

help.pngThe Pro Tour Final is only open to the Elite and the Qualifiers. These finalists have 2 months to construct their submissions to the best of their ability using the set workbench. The final will take place between 30th June and 1st September and the winner will be decided by a special panel of judges.

bullet_orange.png(1) Only the Elite, Qualifiers and Wildcards may take part.

bullet_orange.png(2) Entrants can use whatever workbench they wish to build their entry on.

bullet_orange.png(3) Your entry must not exceed 8100 tiles[90x90] and must be at least 3600 tiles [60x60]

bullet_orange.png(4) All entries must be submitted by the deadline on 11th September @ 23:59 [UTC-11]

bullet_orange.png(5) Entries must be submitted to us by the deadline, via our PM system.

bullet_orange.png(6) Your entry MUST be anonymous. Whilst your style may give your work away, there MUST be no mention of who has built the entry. All entries must be never seen before work. This includes streaming or posting any screenshots of old, recycled, work or new work.

bullet_orange.png(7) All the entries will go through the traditional Pro Tour judging system. Parks will be ranked by each judge and a collective score given.

bullet_orange.png(8 ) The winner will be the entry with the highest score given by the judges based on their rankings.

help.pngWe have tried to cover all areas of the contest but feel free to ask questions about remaining unclarities.

• Sulakke%s's Photo
    Is it allowed to import and export objects in the final round?
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    That logo is beautiful. Who made it?
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    Is there a set bench for the prelims?
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Yes! I literally just finished finals! :)))))))

Are we good to go, using any bench we want to use?
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    This will be fun to watch, if only I didn't suck so much at making parks I'd love to participate (no chance of me making wildcard, I'm nowhere close to the level of Elite members)
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'm a bit lost on the non-track attraction. I figured a rapids ride wouldn't be one given that its just floating down a channel of water...

What are examples of those?
  • Louis!%s's Photo

*Best Non-Track Attraction is any attraction that does not follow a track of any kind. Log Flumes, River Rapids and Vintage Car Rides are examples of tracked rides. Best Non-Coaster Attraction is any attraction that is not a roller coaster. So this is where said Log Flumes, River Rapids, Vintage Car Rides and other tracked rides belong.

A Flat Ride is a non-track attraction. A Mini-Golf is a non-track attraction. A maze is a non-track attraction. And so on...

And there is no set bench for the prelims.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Oh, thank god I can compete. Love you admins!

*debating if I should just enter any of my unfinished parks for prelims to fuck with y'all*

Edit: Like for PT3, are there rules involving the amount of screens able to be posted?
  • Highball%s's Photo
    Just curious, does the auto-qualifying 80% or higher accolade thingy mean all-time? I may consider doing this if so.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Robbie:

(6) Your entry MUST be anonymous. Whilst your style may give your work away, there MUST be no mention of who has built the entry. This includes streaming or posting any screenshots.

Highball, it only applies to accolades that have gone through our current Accolade System. Only those listed have automatic qualification.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yay, it's back!
    Great work Louis, on the rules. Every question I was wondering about if there would be a pro tour 4 was answered. I like the way the Elites are determined, as I thought without the Parkmaker system it would be hard to find a way to get some high skilled parkmakers automatically qualified.
    Also like the way the qualification process is worked out. Seems fair and this way the quality of qualified parkmakers is ensured, not like previous PT where there were like 1 or 2 entries and they weren't even finished.

So great job, and looking forward to build the winning park! :D
  • Milo%s's Photo
    pumped
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Milo, pull a Corkscrewed and do a player analysis after the prelims like he did for PT2. Those are a great read.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Yeah, I'm planning on it. Is there any chance a link to the PT2 writeups? I can't find them.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Fuck me
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Ohh yes, i think i have some time for a prelim.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

That logo is beautiful. Who made it?

It is pretty slick, but the O-U kerning is killing me
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Posted Image We have tried to cover all areas of the contest but feel free to ask questions about remaining unclarities.

multiple entries per person / per round?

also, I don't know if it was explicitly stated, but the implication of the "no-show" policy is that entries should not include work from before today.
    to clarify-

May entries include
    a: no work from before 22 May 2013
    b: work from before 22 May 2013 that has not been previously shown publicly or privately
    c: work from before 22 May 2013 that has not been previously shown publicly
    d: work from before 22 May 2013 that has been previously shown privately
    e: work from before 22 may 2013 that has been previously shown publicly

and does that answer differ for prelims and elite super-duper eXtreme select challenge finals or whatever it is
  • nin%s's Photo
    Will all results be posted at the same time? Or as voting wraps up for each round? It's no huge deal, but let's say I win a round, I wouldn't necessarily want to keep submitting stuff for upcoming prelims if I already knew that it wasn't needed.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading